trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #131

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I try not to comment on that kind of thing, but I'm with you. I have had enough of the slumber party. I keep waiting for one of them to throw their hands up in glee and giggle. And that super close nonsense of JA where she looks like she's gonna smooch JM.... oh momma, makes my skin crawl....:facepalm:

Yeah, really, to me, it just makes JW looks snowed by Jodi. She's spent way too much time with her, and these are the kinds of relationships Jodi thrives on, kind of like a leech. That's the whole reason Travis got into trouble with the girl. Jodi draws people in like a spider web, and then they're caught, careers and lives ruined. Ask Daryl Brewer who has no house over it. Ask her parents who have to sit here through an embarrassing, horrific trial. Ask Travis' friends, who pointed her out immediately as the murdering psychopath. Can't ask Travis, of course, but there's a reason this girl doesn't have any character witnesses. She ruins lives. Plain and simple.

I don't know what JW thinks is going to happen to her career by chumming up with this girl and losing objectivity.

I respect that you don't normally like to talk about it. Thanks for letting me vent. The defense is turning into Rose and Jack on the titanic and JW and Jodi are playing Jack and rose respectfully. Jodi's floating on the board, and JW is freezing to death. And while I'm at it, Nurmi is Cal, who says "Not the better half!" and gets himself on a lifeboat.

She told the prosecutor that she would put him in a timeout because she couldn't answer his questions. I'm flabbergasted.:facepalm:

JW should have said, "Objection--I want a refund."

I think ALV should be held for contempt of court!!:great:

And furthermore, I'm getting the impression that in spite of JA's proven lies, manipulation, etc., ALV remains obstinately aligned with JA because some part of ALV admires that JA eliminated one of those males ALV has spent her career battling.

JMO, IMO, MOO and all that......

OH, I wouldn't say that but I think she is protective of Jodi. That's where her bias is.

I wish JUAN I mean one of our mods would give Alyce a

TIME OUT :floorlaugh::great:

Originally Posted by StephanieHartPI
I am pretty convinced this being the 10th or so Domestic Violence Expert the team attempted to hire, by this time they decided to make her "big picture" very little.

Instead of showing the person so much they ran screaming from the Jail, i saw glimpses of evidence that they did not show her much of anything, in fact a very narrow "scope" if you will.

I believe she was either told or discouraged from contacting the players in the case. Probably fed a line of bologna like "If you call them, then it opens up a whole pandora's box of that person, be it Ryan Burns, or Darryl, having to return to the stand to rebut something you talked about. Instead, here, read this, this is Jodi's diary. And this informative 90 second snippet of the Detective Flores Interrogation.

If you need anything else at all, call us first, tell us what the problem is, why you can't seem to the work with all the numerous documents we gave you. Oh, and yes, you may visit our dear Jodi. Fly down and talk to her.. Ok you are hired!
<snipped for space>

ITA and IMO no expert worth his or her salt would agree to be bound by restrictions such as you've described. Which explains why so many other experts the DT attempted to hire ran away screaming with their hair on fire.

ALV is no expert on anything other than "How to Hate Men".

IMO MOO and all that......

~~~~~~

I was trying, I REALLY was trying to keep an open mind about ALV. Then today I was able to watch the live court proceedings and Juan is very good. ALV is VERY CLEARLY coming across as someone with a bias towards men and someone who quickly jumps to the conclusion that the woman is the victim.

If I was a juror this would be working on me because I truly came into this with an open mind. I hadn't even heard of this trial until a few weeks ago.

The more she stumbles and stalls over absolutely every single thing Juan says, the less I believe what she's saying and she's not even the one on trial here.

Seriously?

Since JA says there is/was such a person, and that she hacked his email account at the Yreka public library, I doubt it.

Not the hacking part, mind you.

Just the whole existence thing.
I think Katiecoo said she talked to a friend of Bobby's when she went to watch the trial. He isevidentially alive, and hoping for a book deal.

AVL is always talking about ALL the things she pulled in to form her opinion. She repeatedly states she did not look at one incident in isolation. So lets take her entire pile of incidents that she has used and put them on the right side of a scale of justice. Lets then remove each piece that JM has debunked and place it on the left side. With each minute that passes the scale becomes uneven till the left side is touching the ground below it. Everytime she says she looked at a lot of things to corroborate Jodi's lies I want to scream how many things are left that have not been proven to be lies.

I'm back from Real Life and I see that my pals have been partying without me :) WHAT A DAY! I had a bubble of happiness in my chest the whole afternoon listening to my hero Juan. I just deleted what I said he did to ALV--it was too violent

Anyway I'll be catching up with threads for the next couple of hours but I had to throw in one more thing about the Law of Attraction. Some of you may be in my boat with me, but I think JA should not be allowed to give up the Law of Attraction until she has attracted the death that she dealt to poor Travis.

I just wish she could go in the "humane" way she said she would kill him. (who talks like that, anyway, did any of you think that was the strangest thing?) If anybody asked me how I would kill someone, I would say, "with kindness." I can't even imagine a response like "I would wear rubber gloves." I have a morbid curiosity about what she was like as a child.

I see her creeping around while everyone else is asleep peeping in their journals and stealing money from pockets, trying to see genitals and stealing food from the fridge. I'll bet she was a piece of work, all right.

Carry on....I'm going back to the previous thread so I know what's what.

That's what I've been waiting for. As I thought, she has made no innovations, research or meaningful contributions. She's done a lot of stuff...but that's about it. She has no method to speak of other than winging it.

Just speaking from my experiences I have been on the receiving end with a couple of "therapists" who are very similar to ALV's point of view. While trying to save my marriage after being kidnapped and rape it was always my husbands fault and abuse of my situation and was advised to leave. When in reality I think he just didn't know how to describe his feelings as to what he is going through. It does seem to be a pattern that while in therapy it always seems leaving the man will help. I don't always agree with that thought but it is quite common in her age group of therapists without the benefit of CE to update other professionals points of view.

Yes, it is exhausting! The perfect description! :seeya:

And incredibly frustrating. How about that one response today where she was trying to answer with a qualifier and both JM and the judge told her yes or no. So she finally answered with a yes, tried to expand and JM just cut her off and moved on. She looked over at the jury as if to say "can you believe this guy?" That was probably after her "time out" outburst so I guess she was more worried about the judge stepping in on that one. I wish the judge would have stepped in much more often and told her to answer the darn question instead of telling JM to ask a different question.

MOO

I read on here somewhere that Bobby Juarez was dead. What happened??? does anyone know?:what:

You are kidding? OMG! Maybe that is why MM is such a loyal friend of JA?? Never heard of him until they brought him up on cross today! Yikes!

Yeah, really, to me, it just makes JW looks snowed by Jodi. She's spent way too much time with her, and these are the kinds of relationships Jodi thrives on, kind of like a leech. That's the whole reason Travis got into trouble with the girl. Jodi draws people in like a spider web, and then they're caught, careers and lives ruined. Ask Daryl Brewer who has no house over it. Ask her parents who have to sit here through an embarrassing, horrific trial. Ask Travis' friends, who pointed her out immediately as the murdering psychopath. Can't ask Travis, of course, but there's a reason this girl doesn't have any character witnesses. She ruins lives. Plain and simple.

I don't know what JW thinks is going to happen to her career by chumming up with this girl and losing objectivity.

I respect that you don't normally like to talk about it. Thanks for letting me vent. The defense is turning into Rose and Jack on the titanic and JW and Jodi are playing Jack and rose respectfully. Jodi's floating on the board, and JW is freezing to death. And while I'm at it, Nurmi is Cal, who says "Not the better half!" and gets himself on a lifeboat.

Yes, one of the shrinks on the Dr. Drew show this evening said that ALV was "enchanted" by Jodi - lol, Dr. Drew said, oh, so we're back in a fairy tale! - paraphrase. But he's right, she's a charmer - that's what gets her by.

And furthermore, I'm getting the impression that in spite of JA's proven lies, manipulation, etc., ALV remains obstinately aligned with JA because some part of ALV admires that JA eliminated one of those males ALV has spent her career battling.

JMO, IMO, MOO and all that......

At this point I'm not sure if she just has a personal dislike for JM and that she has just dug her heels in and refuses to give him an inch but would rather try to take him down and expose him as an arrogant abuser (in her mind only). I'm not sure it has anything to do with Travis and JA anymore. It's just her hatred for the prosecutor and her refusal to let him get one up on her.

MOO

I think you're both right about this. I think there may be a bit of narcissism on her part, but I just don't know. Something just doesn't fit with the way she is handling this. It's either some kind of deep-seated problem like NHIC suggests or Kamille's "chip on the shoulder." But it's a sad commentary for someone who probably has genuinely done a lot of good for some abused women.

:cow:

"I MISS THE ANARCHARY OF THE 70'S"

That's what she just said in her presentation - I've got the genital one on in the background.
Yes, and she isn't referring to the punk movement.. :rocker:
Anarchy- she is referencing the women's movement (in Latin- 'a or an' means without)
Manarchy- male dominated society.
Not that it was such a bad thing, but every "movement" has its extremists. She is one of them.

Sorry for quoting myself....JJ I can't find it, and listening to her other Youtube clips makes me want to stab myself in the ears.

Does anyone have a link :please:
Rosemary,
Here's the link - I got it from a friend.
Warning: take 2 asprin, OR use hip waders.

In ancient times, men stayed home with the kids, women were the warriors.

http://youtu.be/vFt8FCrBk6k?t=9m1s - story about the roped genitals.

"Now, I think this is a really good idea."

SHE THINKS SHE IS A STAND UP COMEDIAN

THREE I distinctly saw the defense attorney look in the direction of ALV as if making eye contact and very subtly shake her head 'No'.

This is leading the witness on the stand.

AND ENOUGH with the sidebars. GOOD GRIEF.

And on top of that, JW is telegraphing to the jury by her most animated objections and sidebars that she's trying to keep something devastating from coming in. So even if it is sustained, the jury ends up thinking she's hiding the truth.

I'm sure hoping that it's not lost on the jury that every time Juan presents something that contradicts what ALV is saying and asks if ALV heard that or saw that (such as the high school friend who claimed JA was always playing the victim), ALV says something like, "well, yes, but I compared it to everything else and the context and garbage, blah blah blah..." and ALWAYS ends up siding w/ JA. The jury shouldn't ignore that ALV has continually disregarded anything that doesn't shine JA in the most favorable light possible.

THREE I distinctly saw the defense attorney look in the direction of ALV as if making eye contact and very subtly shake her head 'No'.

This is leading the witness on the stand.

AND ENOUGH with the sidebars. GOOD GRIEF.

At one point, I think JM actually commented that he didn't ask ALV to look over there! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu