trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya:

I am hoping the Dt asks better questions...
she really is beginning to sound like a BULLY....abusing the witness for no good reason.:what:

Ok so I missed what happpened today. Was there anything interesting other then DT droning on about the experts CV? Is it worth watching the you tube of this mornings testimony?

I think it is worth watching... esp whatever is going on with Arias. She looks very strange today.:twocents:

I'm still having a hard time believing Jodi is above average. It's shocking to me for someone that can't keep her lies straight. Casey was sooooo much smarter.

I can handle her IQ, it is her quick thinking I don't buy because of the awful lies.

Afternoon peeps! I had take a Nap! Couldn't stay awake from being up all night in pain with my back. Is the GOOD Dr. D holding her own with JW? I hope so, have to get caught up now.

I'm glad you did because this is the first time I have seen it. Thanks!

What Alyce did goes against all common sense. Much less any protocol or professionalism. :furious:

From article:

"For instance, there is no reliable means to differentiate those women who merely claim a history of battering from those who have actually been battered."

Whew! Just got caught up here.... JW hasn't changed her approach at all...I feel badly, it's like having a hunk of toilet paper hanging on the bottom of your heel, and no one tells you...just lets you wander around the cocktail party....all sophisticated and stuff....why doesn't Nurmi give her a lil heads up that this isn't quite going as well as she might think......
I really don't think he cares anymore.

I'm still having a hard time believing Jodi is above average. It's shocking to me for someone that can't keep her lies straight. Casey was sooooo much smarter.

BBM
Except for the fact she didn't think the Detectives would follow up on her lies. That was very dumb.

I thought this important enough to repost:

"Joe Wheeler Dixon, PhD, JD

Battered woman syndrome (BWS) was first proposed in the 1970's and was based solely upon the clinical observations of a single clinician, Dr. Lenore Walker. After she coined the term and published her hypotheses the concept quickly caught on. BWS became a popular way to justify criminal conduct of women who were charged with the murder of their husband. However, while the idea initially enjoyed success in some clinical circles and several legal jurisdictions, BWS was never empirically validated through scientific research as a bona fide condition, and therefore it has not enjoyed widespread support by psychologists who practice clinical and forensic psychology. For those women who are indeed chronically battered, they may more reliably and more correctly be diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
snip
to date there is insufficient empirical evidence to show that BWS per se meets the rigorous diagnostic criteria of psychology or psychiatry for a mental disorder. For instance, there is no reliable means to differentiate those women who merely claim a history of battering from those who have actually been battered.
snip
Doctors typically rely upon the patient's first party self-report when diagnosing clinical conditions. In the case of BWS, when some women are seeking to avoid criminal responsibility, it is extremely unwise for a doctor to reach what amounts to a legal conclusion of battering based solely upon the presenting complaints and history of one person. "

more:http://www.psychologyandlaw.com/BWS Essay .htm

Not empirically validated. Enough said. Someone with an active imagination came up with a theory which fit certain situations and tried to make it more than it was. I suppose the idiocy of presenting it as validated flies over willmott's head.

Reposting part 1 in new thread and part 2 from this morning which goes up to lunch

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdHId2e5jI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdHId2e5jI[/ame]

Part 2 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05A5TcrFDL0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05A5TcrFDL0[/ame]

Enough of Jenny!!!! Enough of Jenny.... ENOUGH OF JENNY! Go away Jenny.

So Kensie, are you looking forward to this afternoon's cross of the good DR by JW? :floorlaugh:

Ok so I missed what happpened today. Was there anything interesting other then DT droning on about the experts CV? Is it worth watching the you tube of this mornings testimony?

Not unless you want a good laugh. JW tried to "get" JD on copyright infringement for showing test questions to JM!:floorlaugh:

Originally Posted by Horace Finklestein

Wilmott is foolish for asking about updated research, when ALV used none whatsoever. Why does she suddenly value such things?

Agreed! Not to mention the fact that she's not even remotely sure about the research she's referring to. She says with incredulity "Are you testifying that the 6 criteria were not in her first book" regarding Leonore Walker. I found this on Barnes and Noble:

"The third edition of the Battered Woman Syndrome integrates new research findings about the Battered Woman Syndrome and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder together with the findings from thirty years ago when Walker first proposed such a syndrome. Six criteria have been found to constitute the Battered Woman Syndrome. These include the three groups of symptoms found in all who have developed PTSD such as reexperiencing the trauma, high levels of anxiety and arousal, and high levels of avoidance behaviors through depression, denial and minimization of the harm women are exposed to. The next three groups are specific to battered women. These include disrupted interpersonal relationships because of the isolation, power and control by the batterer, distorted body image and physical health, and sexual issues" (BBM)

I'm certainly no expert and haven't read the 1st or 3rd editions of this particular book, but it does appear that the B&N description of the 3rd edition (which if the information I found was correct was published in 2009) includes new information including 6 criteria.

Agreed! Not to mention the fact that she's not even remotely sure about the research she's referring to. She says with incredulity "Are you testifying that the 6 criteria were not in her first book" regarding Leonore Walker. I found this on Barnes and Noble:

"The third edition of the Battered Woman Syndrome integrates new research findings about the Battered Woman Syndrome and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder together with the findings from thirty years ago when Walker first proposed such a syndrome. Six criteria have been found to constitute the Battered Woman Syndrome. These include the three groups of symptoms found in all who have developed PTSD such as reexperiencing the trauma, high levels of anxiety and arousal, and high levels of avoidance behaviors through depression, denial and minimization of the harm women are exposed to. The next three groups are specific to battered women. These include disrupted interpersonal relationships because of the isolation, power and control by the batterer, distorted body image and physical health, and sexual issues" (BBM)

I'm certainly no expert and haven't read the 1st or 3rd editions of this particular book, but it does appear that the B&N description of the 3rd edition (which if the information I found was correct was published in 2009) includes new information including 6 criteria.

Brought that over cause I thought it was important

When JW started to talk about fight or flight she went off the screen - to her desk or to staple lady? She was probably looking for her notes or something hence the early lunch...

On court web site there have been no Minute Entries since 4/12. They have been posted much quicker until mystery Monday, 4/15.

omigod...jodi!!!!! she is so narcissistic she wont even look up!!

look at Dr D's expression, is she watching jodi steal pencils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong