trial day 49: REBUTTAL; #149

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go for a pedicure it is sandal wearing time!!!!

I so wish! I live in Minnesota and it's supposed to snow tomorrow...again! For those who don't know, it really is NOT "normal" for it to snow in Minnesota this late into April.

8wb5w7.jpg

This is too fabulous for just a "Thanks" -- well done!!!

I'm catching up on today's testimony. I think JW is doing such a fair to poor job because she anticipated an expert like the defense's: an expert who cannot answer a direct question, who leaves wiggle-room, and who is disrespectful to opposing counsel. It's hard to effectively cross-examine a witness who is confident in her position and has nothing to hide.

There is a motion pending about JM not being able to bring up JA's lack of remorse on the basis that it is essentially in conflict with the self defense claim. JSS has postponed ruling on this, but I can't remember how far ago the this was in the minutes.

I think that is ridiculous. Even people who have killed in self defense felt some sort of remorse, whether it be the death resulting or the situation. Self defense doesn't negate feeling sorry, being a cold blooded killer does. Either way, I'm sure it was glaringly obvious she never said she was sorry, never expressed the notion she wished she didn't go there, not even a simple "I wish I had stopped at this point/I wish I called 911/I wish I had never met him so we would both be happy and alive."

Agreed. Everything.

I was taking issue with the malicious gloating over failure which is, at least in part, due to a very serious disorder. Never said there wasn't choice involved, never said responsibility and justice isn't due, because that's beside my point. What I'm hearing a lot of is that it's OK to make fun of mental illness and a failed life, so long as we agree that the target deserves it.

I definitely see your point....very thoughtful.

For my part I don't see people here as maliciously gloating so much as just enraged and, as human nature will, like seeing her get what she deserves.

I personally cannot tolerate the fact that JA is dragging travis through the mud, and I do enjoy it when Jodi is put in her place.

But I also agree that mental illness, including personality disorders, are not chosen and people afflicted with them should be pitied.

I'm still gonna be really happy when she's convicted. I also pity her.

I think Willmott said something like which and JA looked up because it sounded like bitc$$ or witch. Willmott wouldn't do that in front of the Judge and jury. I dislike her but I don't think she said it. And even if she did there is no way to tell because it sounds like a few different things. No way to prove it really.

There is a motion pending about JM not being able to bring up JA's lack of remorse on the basis that it is essentially in conflict with the self defense claim. JSS has postponed ruling on this, but I can't remember how far ago the this was in the minutes.

SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY

CR2008-031021-001 DT

08/27/2012

Docket Code 023 Form R000A Page 2

Whether the State will be allowed to argue in closing argument during the penalty phase that the defendant has not shown any remorse will be determined following the close of evidence in that phase.

IT IS ORDERED deferring ruling on this motion until the penalty phase, if any, occurs.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092012/m5404143.pdf

In the past.....Judge SS usually *does* tell us why we are delayed or why there is a testimony cancellation ....which is why my hinky meter is pegged. Something big is up.

I find it very odd as well. The other thing that is odd is that the Judge and JM were laughing afterwards.

I'm new here, don't say much, but love the forum. Great post gitana1! Well said, my feelings exactly! Jodi and Company were certainly 'gleeful' when they got Juror #5 dismissed, and I saw many 'gleeful' moments from her when she got things her way....It is what it is, unfortunately, none of us are here to gloat - we are here for Travis and his family, to see justice done. We would not be here if it weren't for her actions. What is karma? laws of attraction? How ironic?

Welcome HildyMac! Happy to have you here. :seeya:

:wagon:

I think she's doing the loss of weight deliberately, suspect that perhaps she's inducing illness as well. She wants to look wan and fragile when the sentence comes down. Expect her to get stick thin in the next month. She is endlessly manipulating her circumstances.

Yes, I do believe she is trying to manipulate the jury's view of her, and enjoying it thoroughly.

ITA! She has been in this jail for almost 5 years, so the food is nothing new to her. If she is losing weight, it is purposeful. Everything she does is for her own benefit.

A question for the court observers.

today was the first time that I have seen that Jodi's chair was higher than the defense attorney next to her!! By about 2 inches

. And nurmis chair was the lowest by far. it seems about 4 inches lower than Willmont.

I wudn't read too much into that ...it's probably just personal preference. My DH and I are always do the up and down battle with our computer chair....he likes it real low and I like it real high.

This was posted From Katiecoolady a few minutes ago:

"They gave her medicine and half an hour to get over it and she claimed she couldn't but managed to flash a dirty look at the family section while the jury was walking in"

Just thought I would bring it over from the other thread for info.

LMAO that's a good sign. Jodi gets it's. They/we are winning. She doesn't like it :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The biggest change in Jodi's appearance I've seen is between last Friday and this Monday. like people here have said, her mask is gone. It was fully removed on Monday and Tuesday. She's starting to shrink and shrivel. She looks like a snail without its shell with nowhere to hide.

I remember during the interrogation with Flores (at the beginning) she said "I feel so powerless in here". I bet she is feeling the same now.

She may look all shrunk and shrivelly, but IMO, that's just another mask. The real JA is charged with rage, anger, envy and murder. If you want to see the real Jodi Arias, you would have to have been there when she butchered Travis Alexander.

I'm just now watching testimony from this morning. I gotta' tell you: As much as this trial has destroyed the expert careers of Alyce Laviolette and Dr. Samuels it is going to set Demarte's career for life. She is very good, super bright. Excellent. People will be clamoring to hire her after this.

Jodi feels inferior to Dr. DeMarte and she can't handle the truth.

Dr. Samuels was sucked in; ALV was out of Dr. DeMarte's league.

Dr. DeMarte is educated, strong, independent, objective and very cute.

The exact qualities Jodi lacks.

I hope Jodi goes back to her cell and thinks about the freedom everyone has and that she will never possess freedom again.

If I might add Dr DeMarte also knows her place in all this. She is not friend, mentor, or therapist to JA, she is only there to convey her findings from her evaluation. An evaluation done with out personal opinion, personal feelings or bias. She is not there to argue, to coddle, to protect, or to hide anything from the court. I personally think she is doing exactly what she should be including not withholding information like those who were hired by the defense to do the exact same thing but failed to do so without bias forming those opinions.

Im sorry to be annoying but I'm behind. Do we know the reason for calling off court this afternoon? I see posts about JA being sick but is that just a guess?

LMAO that's a good sign. Jodi gets it's. They/we are winning. She doesn't like it :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

The 'Elephant of Justice' is running towards JA. She can run around in circles for a bit but that elephant is charging at her and there is no way out for her.

Jodi and Company were certainly 'gleeful' when they got Juror #5 dismissed, and I saw many 'gleeful' moments from her when she got things her way....

Juror #5 really seemed to care about the trial. She was reportedly in tears when she left and you're right. Jodi and her band over there could hardly contain themselves, they were so happy and smug.

Yet when the next set of juror questions proved they were still heading downhill, all sad faces and temper tantrums and demands for mistrials.

The hypocrisy. lol

Why can't they do this any more?

image_zps6c831721.jpg

ETA: pffft. Photo posting failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics