trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #153

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sure I heard DrD mention something about psychopathy at some point yesterday but I was too busy screenshotting to catch it. If I want to lose the will to live, I may try and replay the day.

Your New Avatar is Killa - You Do Know That, Don't You?

I was sure I heard DrD mention something about psychopathy at some point yesterday but I was too busy screenshotting to catch it. If I want to lose the will to live, I may try and replay the day.

There was a point I thought I heard that too, but it ended up being "psychopathology". Maybe that's what you heard too?

Why does Nancy Grace think that whatever she has to say is more important than what is being said in Court? I'm going to have to watch the last part on YouTube right here sometime between now and Tuesday.....

I never watch that drivel and just watch the trial itself. It sounds as if I have made the right choice! :seeya:

Yup. Travis got sex, Jodi was on her way to see Ryan B.

Travis was leaving for Cancun with Mimi; not her.

Plan A... sneak back in, take pics as a memento and makes sure she is the last woman he is ever with.

I disagree - She already knew Travis was done with her. There is no way TA would leave the house with her IMO.

I would expect my husband to puff out his chest, and do the gorilla beat on it instead of reporting it, and somehow diminishing his conquering spirit.

I think it would be very embarrassing for most men to admit they were scared or vulnerable like that, ya know?

It would have been nice if Travis had had a defense team before Judge Jodi sentenced him to death.

Why does Nancy Grace think that whatever she has to say is more important than what is being said in Court? I'm going to have to watch the last part on YouTube right here sometime between now and Tuesday.....

ITA! I was yelling at NG to SHUT UP every time she interupted! Ever hear of a pause button? I waited forever for the jury questions and missed 4 of them because of her!
Yeah, I need to watch the last part on YouTube also. :mad:

Those were two data points that came up today in testimony, but during JM's direct examination, Dr. D also mentioned that Jodi lived in a tent with Matt McCartney, dabbled in in witchcraft with Bobby Juarez, etc. The boob job took place when she was with Darryl Brewer in Cali. She also bought the same car as his ex-wife, dyed her hair blonde and began dressing in a similar style. We've seen her mirror her female defense attorney, and some of us noticed her mirroring some of Dr. D's mannerisms today.

I found her quick conversion to Mormonism a bit strange, but I initially considered it to be a more calculated decision--part of her master plan to snag Travis (it was apparent from the get-go that he'd only marry a woman who shared his faith)--than the identity disturbance symptom of BPD that the doctor attributed it too.

She changed religions each time she changed boyfriends. Becoming Mormon was just a continuation of the pattern she had already established in every other relationship. I think this is a great illustration of the unstable self concept the doc was talking about -- Jodi does not have a firm personality, she does not stand for anything or have solid beliefs or convictions -- she becomes someone different with different beliefs and different demeanor and different values according to whoever she is romantically involved with.

Compare that to a normal person who might get interested in watching college football because their boyfriend is an enthusiast or quitting smoking because the new boyfriend has asthma .. those things are simply adjustments in behavior, not transformations into a different kind of person.

Maybe Travis talked about marriage early on until everyone warned him?

She got the boob job for a man?

I think the Dr. Meant she converted so quickly just because he was a mormon.Most people do not jump into a person they just started dating religion,usually they might change once the relationship is getting serious like marrage talk.A boob job because a boyfriend said he liked bigger *advertiser censored*,not because she herself wanted them or thought she needed them.

OMG, my inner rage was off the charts when she chattered on during the trial.. Didn't she understand that I invested over 8 hours of my life! OK... it wasn't so inner, my husband got to hear my pissoffedness.. And then... when I tell her to shut up, and she leaves, then 30 seconds later, comes back on to say the trial is still going on... argh!

Agreed. There are not many situations out there where someone has to defend a deceased man who was abused. moo

I think it would be very embarrassing for most men to admit they were scared or vulnerable like that, ya know?

I think one missing piece on both sides is how men, specifically and uniquely, handle abuse and stalking behavior. I think it is quite different and I'd have loved to hear that highlighted. I suspect they are far less likely to report..on either.

We have a video of my sons ex beating him ,punching his neck that was broken at 14 and if damaged he can still wound up paralyzed or dead,and he was holding his 8 month old son.She could have hit the baby! Police were called they refused to look at video would not arrest her, told my son to get along with his childs mother.They did not even make a report!Same thing happened in Family court Judge did not look at video CD but did change pick up and drop off to police station.It was video taped because her threat's to him were escalating and a lawyer told him to tape all pick up and drop offs so she could not lie and pull something.Men are humiliated and not believed!

She changed religions each time she changed boyfriends. Becoming Mormon was just a continuation of the pattern she had already established in every other relationship. I think this is a great illustration of the unstable self concept the doc was talking about -- Jodi does not have a firm personality, she does not stand for anything or have solid beliefs or convictions -- she becomes someone different with different beliefs and different demeanor and different values according to whoever she is romantically involved with.

Compare that to a normal person who might get interested in watching college football because their boyfriend is an enthusiast or quitting smoking because the new boyfriend has asthma .. those things are simply adjustments in behavior, not transformations into a different kind of person.

THANK YOU!

(the thanks button wasn't enough!) :)

I think one missing piece on both sides is how men, specifically and uniquely, handle abuse and stalking behavior. I think it is quite different and I'd have loved to hear that highlighted. I suspect they are far less likely to report..on either.

How does Juan Martinez draw it out ? Can't you grab him for me? LOL :woohoo:

Maybe Travis talked about marriage early on until everyone warned him?

She got the boob job for a man?

I am not sure haven't seen it anywhere but comments.Travis was not talking marriage to her right away if at all.

Jodi wanted to become a trophy wife.

I think she saw $$$ with a wealthy, single, Mormon boy hungry for a sexual adventure.

She continued that pattern, when she hooked up with Ryan Burns, oh, and now the dude on the plane. Who else? She was a golddigger alright.

Yeah, I so wanted to know what was going on with her manipulating the male staff at the Purple Plum! Did that ever come out?

Yes, I saw it with my brother and his ex. It was darn right scary.

We have a video of my sons ex beating him ,punching his neck that was broken at 14 and if damaged he can still wound up paralyzed or dead,and he was holding his 8 month old son.She could have hit the baby! Police were called they refused to look at video would not arrest her, told my son to get along with his childs mother.They did not even make a report!Same thing happened in Family court Judge did not look at video CD but did change pick up and drop off to police station.It was video taped because her threat's to him were escalating and a lawyer told him to tape all pick up and drop offs so she could not lie and pull something.Men are humiliated and not believed!

ITA! I was yelling at NG to SHUT UP every time she interupted! Ever hear of a pause button? I waited forever for the jury questions and missed 4 of them because of her!
Yeah, I need to watch the last part on YouTube also. :mad:

I also missed Juan's only follow up question for DM and her answer. Why does she do that? HLN needs to remind them that they have this whole YOU WON'T MISS A THING schtick going and she is ruining that.

OMG, my inner rage was off the charts when she chattered on during the trial.. Didn't she understand that I invested over 8 hours of my life! OK... it wasn't so inner, my husband got to hear my pissoffedness.. And then... when I tell her to shut up, and she leaves, then 30 seconds later, comes back on to say the trial is still going on... argh!

pissoffedness :floorlaugh:

Yep, I was also upset and people here heard my pissoffedness too! lol

great word!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads