trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a match made in hell.

Wow, the media reports over the weeks have said the girlfriend was in and out of jail for minor things. Accused of bludgeoning to death doesn't sound minor to me. Just sayin'.

After the pregnancy talk last night it made me wonder if that was the scam Jodie was running on Travis. He wanted the truth, the doctors statement of a positive pregnancy test. Did she want to force him to get married? Did she want money for abortion. Along with snooping into his accounts, did he finally realize how messed up she was? Just throwing it out there for anyones thoughts.

This court probably has other issues on their docket. Jodi's trial is not the only important thing they're dealing with. I have absolutely no idea what it is. The attorneys and judge are not only there when the cameras are.

Hard to fathom sometimes, because I'm so totally focused on Jodi's trial.

I'm hoping that if this person for the defense is the reason for JSS's statements about Wednesday, then the judge has given strict instructions as to what can and cannot be asked of him. Remember, if they really do have another witness testifying, the DT has to do their questioning, then the State asks questions, then the DT asks more questions. We all know the DT cannot question one of their own witnesses in less than like a week, so I believe the judge must have given strict instructions on this questioning, otherwise there's no way everyone would be able to get their questions in.

Also, I just don't understand what this new witness could possibly say. I don't think that he's ever even spoken to JA and if he bases his testimony on what she already testified to, everyone knows she's been proven to be a total liar over and over again. I just don't think it's going to help at all, it's just going to make them look very desperate and like the DT hired someone to give an opinion for money.

:twocents:
do you know for sure that this witness if for the DT??

Did I hear correctly yesterday that Jodi's Helio phone was found in the Grandpa's truck BY THE AUNT and SHE turned it over to the police? AFTER she was arrested???

I thought Jodi had found it previously and I thought she ditched it...evidence???

I hope JM writes a book so I can get all this cr@p straight someday!!

Any book she ever writes will be fiction. As judge Strickland would say "The truth and Mrs. Arias are strangers"

I noticed in some of the jury questions they don't even believe Jodi was ever even up in the attic helping Travis put away things.

They also know that lie is just another lie.

Jury Questions and Answers: (paraphrased)

1. Any record of a gun owned by Travis? No.

2. Any significance to measuring every shelf? No.

3. Any shoes out of place when you arrived on the scene? Nothing appeared out of place.

4. Did Travis’ roommates ever own a gun? No, they did not.

5. What’s the width of the end shelf unit where the gun was? Shelves were 36-38” long, 16” deep and ¾” wide.

6. Jodi said she helped Travis put things in the attic- did you find anything? No.

7. Was the attic capable of storing boxes? There are just beams…maybe if light.

8. Can you tell was anything stored in the attic? No.

9. Where’s the entrance to the attic? Closet.

10. Jodi’s weight, height, shoe size? Don’t know shoe, height 5’5”-5’6”, weight 115-120.

11. Are the pins round the entire length? Yes.

12. Were there any signs of a gun at Travis’ house? None whatsoever.

13. Any empty boxes/containers in Travis’ closet for gun? No.

14. If JA stood with arms straight up did you measure how tall to her fingertips? No I did not.

Really enjoyed reading all of your thoughts this morning.

My prediction is that the jury will deliberate and have a verdict in 3 days tops. JMO

do you know for sure that this witness if for the DT??

Nope, I don't. Others here have speculated that the Wednesday testimony is the sur-rebuttal from that "expert" that the defense has hired to try to dispute the BPD diagnosis from Dr. D. I don't know that we ever heard the DT motion for the sur-rebuttal was granted, but I was thinking that it was and that the DT is using the time off for this supposed expert. I can't imagine JM having any witnesses lined up that would need this additional time. All of the prosecution witnesses have been on time and succinct.

I'm hoping we'll be able to tell today even though it's a short day. If JM rests his rebuttal case today, then I would think that means that the sur-rebuttal motion was granted and Wednesday will be spent on that friend of ALV's.

But, I would love nothing more than for there to be no sur-rebuttal and for the testimony on Wednesday to be for the prosecution!!

Really enjoyed reading all of your thoughts this morning.

My prediction is that the jury will deliberate and have a verdict in 3 days tops. JMO

I hope that's the case for Travis' family, but I'm so bummed about the timing! I have to go out of town on a business trip from the 5th to the 8th and I will be busy working and I don't know if I'll be able to even get on WS! I'm hoping the hotel has free wi-fi and I can use my tablet!

Morning peeps...

I bet the Jury doesn't like the timetable. If closing arguments go through next Friday, and they get the case maybe at 4:00 on Friday, that means that after all these months of waiting to FINALLY get to Discuss the case...they have to WAIT two more days!

I noticed in some of the jury questions they don't even believe Jodi was ever even up in the attic helping Travis put away things.

They also know that lie is just another lie.

Jury Questions and Answers: (paraphrased)

1. Any record of a gun owned by Travis? No.

2. Any significance to measuring every shelf? No.

3. Any shoes out of place when you arrived on the scene? Nothing appeared out of place.

4. Did Travis’ roommates ever own a gun? No, they did not.

5. What’s the width of the end shelf unit where the gun was? Shelves were 36-38” long, 16” deep and ¾” wide.

6. Jodi said she helped Travis put things in the attic- did you find anything? No.

7. Was the attic capable of storing boxes? There are just beams…maybe if light.

8. Can you tell was anything stored in the attic? No.

9. Where’s the entrance to the attic? Closet.

10. Jodi’s weight, height, shoe size? Don’t know shoe, height 5’5”-5’6”, weight 115-120.

11. Are the pins round the entire length? Yes.

12. Were there any signs of a gun at Travis’ house? None whatsoever.

13. Any empty boxes/containers in Travis’ closet for gun? No.

14. If JA stood with arms straight up did you measure how tall to her fingertips? No I did not.

I thought the same thing! As soon as I heard that attic question, I thought - they don't even believe she's ever been in that attic!

When JM replayed the video where Travis is talking on the couch with Jodi and other PPL people, I felt so hopeful that the jury would get to hear what Travis was actually SAYING. But again...no sound. Do you think the jury will get to watch the video with sound before deliberation?

I'm thinking there is not going to be surrebuttal since the judge stated that she thought today would be a short day for jurors. That sounds the opposite of having a defense witness on the stand. *fingers crossed*

Nope, I don't. Others here have speculated that the Wednesday testimony is the sur-rebuttal from that "expert" that the defense has hired to try to dispute the BPD diagnosis from Dr. D. I don't know that we ever heard the DT motion for the sur-rebuttal was granted, but I was thinking that it was and that the DT is using the time off for this supposed expert. I can't imagine JM having any witnesses lined up that would need this additional time. All of the prosecution witnesses have been on time and succinct.

I'm hoping we'll be able to tell today even though it's a short day. If JM rests his rebuttal case today, then I would think that means that the sur-rebuttal motion was granted and Wednesday will be spent on that friend of ALV's.

But, I would love nothing more than for there to be no sur-rebuttal and for the testimony on Wednesday to be for the prosecution!!

that makes sense to me.....can anyone lead me to the states witness list please?

Thanks so much this helps a lot!! I think what still makes this confusing is the pictures we see of Jodi's "blonde" is REALLY blonde. She supposedly dyed her hair from THAT blonde to brown in Mar/Apr but it didn't work so it was more dark blonde/very light brown. And then of course there's the dark brown. Confusing still for me.

Do you know if she colored her hair again before being arrested or was this the color it was during the vicious murder?

:banghead::banghead:

She, consciously or unconsciously, took a picture of herself doing everything else, you'd think she would have taken a picture of that, too! :facepalm:

When JM replayed the video where Travis is talking on the couch with Jodi and other PPL people, I felt so hopeful that the jury would get to hear what Travis was actually SAYING. But again...no sound. Do you think the jury will get to watch the video with sound before deliberation?

I don't think they will unfortunately...

And welcome to our group Yuzu-lemon! :seeya:

Looking forward to hearing more from you...

:wagon:

Thanks so much this helps a lot!! I think what still makes this confusing is the pictures we see of Jodi's "blonde" is REALLY blonde. She supposedly dyed her hair from THAT blonde to brown in Mar/Apr but it didn't work so it was more dark blonde/very light brown. And then of course there's the dark brown. Confusing still for me.

Do you know if she colored her hair again before being arrested or was this the color it was during the vicious murder?

:banghead::banghead:

Between her wide array of dye jobs and fondness for hoarding numerous helio phones its making my brain hurt trying to keep track of it all. :eye::eye:

i think nurmis whole closing will be ....jodi is so smart with her high iq why would she do dumb things..such as ,,,turn liesense plate upside down ,more chance cop will stop her,,,,why leave camera in washer,she could have just taken it with her....nurmis questioning of hights of shelves if jodi was lieing why not say the gun was lower..if she brought a gun with her premed,why use a knife. why use credit cards instead of cash ,with cah no name on receipts, and so on ..and wilmont will be jodis mounth piece

i think nurmis whole closing will be ....jodi is so smart with her high iq why would she do dumb things..such as ,,,turn liesense plate upside down ,more chance cop will stop her,,,,why leave camera in washer,she could have just taken it with her....nurmis questioning of hights of shelves if jodi was lieing why not say the gun was lower..if she brought a gun with her premed,why use a knife. why use credit cards instead of cash ,with cah no name on receipts, and so on ..and wilmont will be jodis mounth piece
and the jury won't buy any of it...

The entire closing argument for the defense I will be hearing that noise that all the adults make in the Charlie Brown cartoons. I do not know how to type out that specific noise but someone prolly knows what I am referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms