trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be so dense - so there were THREE phones?? Which one had the supposed other "steamy" sex calls on it?

Yes, three phones. The sex recording was on the second, a Helio that Gus gave her. She lost (found 2 years later) and a third that she had with her after May 10th. That girl could not keep track of phones or truth.

Ok I'm late to the party!
What has this guy done ! Unethical? Broke rules ? Help

travis emailed the hughes and made reference to "doing something terrible to deanna." not sure what the exact language was, but ALV kept referring to it as "proof" that travis had abused her as well, thereby showing a pattern of abusive behavior. whenever she was challenged that she was relying only on jodi's account (juror asked her this specifically), she would reply, "no i'm not, even his friends knew."

when deanna was on the stand she's asked what horrible thing travis had done to her...her reply, "he felt bad/guilty that they had dated for so long, and he wasn't interested in marriage."

my head about exploded!!!!

I am technically challenged and I have learned so much from this thread and this forum. I am older person compared to the new technology of everyone.

Does this mean it will send a text to your phone? That is the only way my phone will go off as I will be at the Jazz Festival in New Orleans and will not be checking email or be able to see things live.

also, my condition...lol... and availability to see the closing on Friday is also going to be questionable! the lineup on Friday is going to be great and I will be in at the blues tent .. Heritage stage ..or jazz tent or the Acura stage!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

any others here going to be there those 4 days? Would love to meet you guys.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

That is just wrong. Rub it in..now I am feeling jealous again. Have a wonderful time. Sounds so great.

I just want to add that I think there's a juror on the panel that really can't put two plus two together. What the hay kind of question (at this point) was the question regarding whether or not T A 's roommates had guns? Someone still hasn't understood or digested that JA has admitted to killing TA! Hopefully all the weird questions are coming just from him/her and cross fingers they get eliminated prior to deliberations.

Yes, I do think there's one very confused juror there.

Moo

I think that the point of that question was: could Jodi have grabbed the gun from one of their rooms or from a common/shared area...?

Yes, she says she thought it was stolen, that she even filed a police report. But miraculously, years later, in 2010, her aunt found the phone while cleaning out her grandfather's car. That's her story.

Translation: she never lost the phone, she hid it for safekeeping, and then when she switched her defense to "Travis abused me," she tells her family to send her the phone so she can use the phone sex recording.
So her family IS complicit!! What must the aunt of thought when she heard JA testify about her? Including HER in JA's stories?

THANK YOU for helping me understand.

It came up, day 28. She said she got another Helio. She said it was replaced through insurance.

That second Helio is also the phone she used to take pictures of her cut finger on 6/1/08.
Thankyou!
Sorry to ask. I still don't understand. So she just got a new phone without ever loosing the other? There ARE TWO Helios, right?

Yes. She used the new Helio for her hurt finger June 1 and the old Helio for hew new hair June 3

BBM ~ It will make perfect sense in closing. ;)

Jodi dyed her hair in Salinas and she lied about that during testimony.

He just wanted to show pic she took of herself on Jun3 to lessen the confusion when he delivers his juan-derful closing argument.

Somehow the Salinas hair salon got lost on me. Can you please give me an quick run down on that? Did JA testify to that or how did people learn about it. Thanks!

Were those photos shown in court today of Jodi's Narcissistic self photographing in the car seen before? I tend to do that too...take a picture of myself when I've just had my hair done, like I just did last night. :blushing: I do it to do a Facebook ad for my stylist because she has a referral program and it never looks as good as the day she styles it. I mean NEVER looks like that again. :facepalm:

She was so excited for her new murder look, she had to document it on film as soon as she got in the car! I keep hoping there's a hair stylist to come in. Maybe still............???
She would have to be in the list of rebuttal witnesses!!! There is no way to PROVE it after rebuttal - right? Juan could say in his closing that's his theory, but that's not proof. HELP!

I'm glad to hear that. She needs to be put in her place and stop this victimizing.
From what I have seen it's not good to piss off Gloria Alred!(mother nature)
I have a sneaky feeling she has a new mission tonight!

One of the juror questions for Det. Flores asked if a holster had been found in Travis' house. Of course, the answer was no. I was hoping that there would be a follow up question as to whether an empty holster was found in the grandfather's house. I thought that it was, but now I'm not sure. I wish that had been clarified today.

What the hay kind of point was Nurmi making today when he asked Det.Flores if he had taken measurements of this and that and that and this shelf? Huh? Was there a point to it all? Did I miss something? Also - What was he getting at when he interjected his measurement questions with a question about JA's IQ?

What a lame cross.

I kept waiting for a point to be made but none was forthcoming.

He was just talking. Slowly.

moo

I guess his plan was confuse the jury.:banghead: However, it came across as funny to me. It reminded me of grade school questions designed around comprehension, except he left out any pertinent info: A red bus with 72 passengers left the station at 12:30 traveling 70 mph to a town 10 miles away. What time is lunch? Huh?:doh:

Originally Posted by katiecoolady
Were those photos shown in court today of Jodi's Narcissistic self photographing in the car seen before?

you know what is funny? my friend and i are both watching this trial closely, and we've been saying ever since jodi took the stand that her arrogance will be her downfall....today juan proved that not only her arrogrance gonna bring her down, but her narcassistic mindset has sealed the deal with regard to premeditation!

Sorry! It was live on HLN afterdark. They had her on and asked her if this was legal for Jodi to do.
Draw Tanisha's picture (call it something else) and sell it.
She got mad and said "no" and it can be stopped"

** not her words paraphrasing

She said JA continues to victimize this family and as victims they have rights.

...and I'm SO GLAD they talked about this and that it can be stopped! It just seemed so wrong...

Yes, three phones. The sex recording was on the second, a Helio that Gus gave her. She lost (found 2 years later) and a third that she had with her after May 10th. That girl could not keep track of phones or truth.
Do you remember - I can't remember if she testified about it, or it was in her journal - she said there were SEVERAL "steamy" sex calls recorded on her phone that she would be embarrassed if they were ever heard. Meaning if her phone was ever found.
Was that journal entry a lie?

Not one pic of them together that day (that we have seen)
the pic of him was not taken at the end of the bed where he was aware.
It was taken behind him.
The second one he did see.

Not one pic of her was taken by him "over her" on the bed.
She wasn't all comfy and posed in his bed.
No sexy poses. She was perched on the side of the bed all awkward...

That camera was on the back of the chair beside the bed.
IMO
And seriously who takes pictures AFTER THE ACT?
Isn't it usually a FORE PLAY kind of thing?
That leads into the act?

If I see one picture of BOTH of them together that day, not even x rated I can retract that statement.

snipped by me

IIRC Juan stated in opening statements that there were photo's of them having sex recovered on the camera. I think he even said they were "getting at it".....much too sleepy to go find the source. But, Juan admitted the photo's proved they had sex on 06/04.n (Remember camera expert saying 90 photo's on phone?".

Also, there was a "lost" phone "found" by Jodie's aunt in grandpa's car in 2010 IIRC.....I remember thinking at the time "Yeah right, Jodie had it hidden there all the time and had her aunt get it out of hiding".....again too tired to hunt for links.

So, back to lurking...NOT...going to bed!

BBM~ I asked the same thing.

When Jodi dragged Travis back to the shower, she was pumped with adrenaline and quite fit. She dragged him on the bamboo floormat. He was slippery from water and blood.

I agree with your post. One thing I have thought about quite a bit, is how was she able to get TA;s body back in the shower? The shower is quite narrow and to drag him from behind with her arms under his shoulders, I just can't figure out how she was able to get Travis in the shower. There wouldn't be room for her to stand behind his body dragging him in. Hopefully one of you will already have it all figured out and can explain it to me.

I doubt the jury is confused. They didn't ask any confused questions.

It's pretty simple. The Walmart was in Salinas. She said she went to a salon to get her nails done in Salinas. Those facts and the photo strongly imply she got her hair colored in Salinas that day.

It was taken from the second Helio phone.

it was said up thread that there were perhaps were not two Helio phones.

What evidence did we see put into the trial that there were two phones by the prosecutor?

Is it just one phone and we have been misled by her and her journals that there have been two? Can anyone help me understand please as far as the evidence.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Yes. Gus S. testified he bought her the 2nd helio phone.

I understand that she "lost" her Helio in mid May but do we know what phone she got as a replacement? Are you assuming she got another Helio or did it come up in testimony?

One of the juror questions for Det. Flores asked if a holster had been found in Travis' house. Of course, the answer was no. I was hoping that there would be a follow up question as to whether an empty holster was found in the grandfather's house. I thought that it was, but now I'm not sure. I wish that had been clarified today.

No holster found at G'pa's house. Someone posted that that model of a 25 did not have a holster made for it...not sure on that. But, it's a very small gun, not widely used IIRC.

Saving Grace here is the Judge set a time limit which means Nurmi and Willmont can not drone on for days with their new witness.. "we will go as late as we need to" Wednesday, this thing finally has an end in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie