trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be a long post, but I'm going to post JA's entire May 22 journal entry.
The whole damn thing is one big LIE!!

Thurs. May 22, 2008

Today has been a day of good news and sadness. Good news: my phone arrived! And not a moment too soon. Sad news: I finally had “the conversation” with Travis and it did not go well. I sort of put it to him already in an e-mail I sent a few days ago and he didn’t like that either, not nor did he take the hint. So I realized I had to be a little bit more direct. I told him that of course I’m looking for[ward] to his impending visit, that I can’t wait to check more things off the list (from 1,000 places), but that we probably would be better off in all ways if we were not physical.

He got offended and upset, then acted distant. I tried being so sweet and speak kindly to him, playing up all of the advantages of not violating the law of chastity, and he didn’t want to hear any of it. He said he already knows all that. Then it got worse, he asked me who I’m seeing, have I been getting my kicks with someone else, etc. Of course I swore that I wasn’t (which is true) but also pointed out that even if I was, then that’s my right. I also pointed out that I didn’t freak out when he confessed his potentially underlying love for Mimi. He said to leave his love life out of it. Typical. Then after a moment, he apologized, and said a lot of his frustration is from the fact that things in his dating life aren’t going that well, that yes, he still likes Mimi, but it’s not progressing the way he wants to, and he’s leaning towards giving up on her. I told him to be patient, she’ll come around.

The problem with Travis, is that he so used to guys girls falling all over themselves for him and she doesn’t do that. He needs that, I really think he does, –to wait.

Well, even sadder is we agreed to amicably part ways. He is an amazing person, and he’s told me countless times that I am one of the most beautiful people he’s ever met–on the inside and out. But it is really better this way. We both agreed to change our passwords, which we had exchanged eons ago to establish, or reestablish “trust” which we had both violated, so no more of that. We had both picked 2 accounts so I chose Facebook and Gmail and he chose Facebook and MySpace.

We are truly good people at the core, both of us, but we can’t behave ourselves when were around each other, not even over the phone. He said I am still like kryptonite to him. But I’m tired of being guilt-ridden when the air clears.

I knew it was wrong going over there all those nights but I couldn’t say no to him, I couldn’t not pick up the phone. He would rationalize it saying “it’s really not that bad,” or “come on, I want to please you,” and I was weak. I went anyway, I answered the phone anyway.

Moving has certainly helped me morally. I don’t know if it has him or if he’s found a replacement booty-call. For his sake I hope he hasn’t, not because it would be a replacement but because it is not spiritually productive. We both want to get married and I don’t think either of us is anywhere near that if we continue to act immorally w/each other. I am mortified that my phone was stolen. It had a hugely scandalous text message from him (10 pgs!) that he sent last week. It would make a steamy romance novel sound like a script from a G-rated Disney movie. I also had 1 or 2 recorded conversations that were equally as scandalous. I never did figure out how to play those back for him. Well they’re gone now and we won’t be making more. Well, actually I wouldn’t bet on it entirely, one of us will crack and call the other. It’s crazy, but what can you do?

Wherever my phone is now, I just hope text messages and conversations are never discovered. Yikes. It’s certainly not Pamela Anderson or Paris Hilton level scandal, there’s no videos but it would be embarrassing nonetheless.

I am honestly relieved about the whole thing. The “just friends” had many complicated “benefits.” I’m not seeing anyone per se, but somehow I feel like it’s still isn’t fair to any of my current prospects. And Travis said he still certain he wants to marry Mimi, although they’re not yet dating. It’s not fair to her either, in my opinion. We hadn’t talked about her in so long, I didn’t realize he was still in pursuit. I wouldn’t dare lecture him over it though. The first thing that almost popped out of my mouth was, “then why the hell are we still messing around if that’s the case?!?” But I kept it shut. For two reason[s.] 1: it would be like the pot calling the kettle black (as I’ve had my eyon eye on some wonderful’s myself. 2. I honestly don’t think Travis can be monogamous. I’m certain he wasn’t w/ me, although I don’t dwell on it anymore, but my certainty was further solidified when his pattern of behavior continued with his next girlfriend, Lisa Andrews. When he finally admitted that they had been dating, I felt so guilty. I almost wanted to tell her, it seemed only fair, but by then had already broken up and he had moved on to Mimi. Besides, not only would telling her destroy our friendship (mine and his), but it would cause a lot of unnecessary drama and pain. And just because Travis acted like a schmuck when it came to how he treated his previous girlfriends, doesn’t mean he’s capable of learning how to be better. It’s just that I’ve yet to see evidence of it. But perhaps it will be different w/ Mimi. One things for sure, I wouldn’t want to be the “other girl” in that relationship, I couldn’t handle the guilt. And these things don’t necessarily discount all of his other amazing qualities. He’s done more for me than I could ever cout count. He’s helped me in every area of my life. I’m indebted to him for all of the wonderful things that his done. He’s just so dang hot and cold. Bi-polar even, it would seem. But I have a gazillion memories that we’ve created that I will always value, just like the ones w/ Bobby, Matt, and Darryl. All unique. All special, all priceless.

Anyway, one thing I do know is it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m saddened and, yes, but it feels like a conclusion, like closure. The final chapter was finally written, and the ending was bittersweet. He said on some level, we will always be friends, but we both agreed that it’s better this way. It’s true. It is very much in alignment with the e-mail I sent him a few days ago. He’ll be so much better off this way spiritually and emotionally. And I’ll start dating for real again soon. Not this casual fill-in-your-Friday-night stuff. I won’t miss his teasing or his bi-polar tendencies to snap and yell and say things he ends up regretting, but I will miss his sense of humor. We’ll still have his car to take care of, but he’ll keep me posted on any new developments. He said if all else fails, then we’ll just scrap it but I would…END

I can't help on the rest, because I am as confused as you, but I DO know ONE answer.

Gus gave her the phone the day she moved from Mesa back to her gma's after they split the second and last time. It was in early April - the first or second week was as accurate as JA could give.

I might be getting in too deep here, but in 2008, did these phones have sim or SD cards? I can't remember. But if you lost yours, wouldn't you not be able to use your own phone number until the phone company sorted that out or got you another sim card, etc?

I'm wondering because if Gus gave her a phone in 2008, was she still communicating with the same phone number as per the "lost" phone? Then we're to believe she "lost" the phone Gus gave her and had to get yet a third phone a month later? Same question applies to her phone number assignment upon getting the third phone.

Then I'm assuming Gus's phone was the one found in the truck?

I'm interested in these phone numbers, too, because if she had to get a different number, that meant she had to contact Travis to give him these new phone numbers. What sense would that make, according to the May 22nd journal entry? She's having "the talk" and saying Travis needs to get the hint, but getting a new phone with a new number is a perfect way to give him a big old hint.

Am I getting too deep in on the phone number thing?

I still think the roommate was a little light headed or something. To have a dead person next to you for five days and not notice? They had to have seen his car there, right. Then what about his friends in Cancun? Didn't they call and say hey where's Travis? I call when I don't see my neighbors for a day and find out where they are and if they are alright. These are suppose to be his close friends. They know he didn't own a gun, but yet none of them were concerned as to his whereabouts for 5 days? I guess I'm a more caring person. I smelt a dead deer that was about 900 ft away. I called my neighbor to tell him that there was a dead deer behind his house. He moved it out to the side of the road and called animal control. Another thing when there is a dead body the flies show up. Didn't they notice this? I just don't get it.

I wonder why they didn't become concerned seeing Nappy pinned up in a downstairs area, blocking his roaming of the house with a doggie gate. Travis let his dog go everywhere in his home..Travis loved that dog. Why didn't the roommates pick up on why Nappy was confined for five days to a downstairs area? It doesn't matter now. It's almost over.. Thank gosh! JA can give us one last smile as she is strapped to a death gurney... She deserves nothing less than the DP.. IMO

evidence of the idiocy of her, just her in general. I hate talking about the crap she's peddling via Donavan about being pg, Psycho whatever. We shouldn't, IMO, spend any time seriously discussing anything she says.

She should just be the criminal object of ridicule & disgust that she is. Not Einstein, not gorgeous blond Jodi Mormon princess, but psycho killer stupid Jodi, the murderous "photographer" who was so dumb she took pictures of the murder she committed becasue she didn't know how that whole "picture thing' worked.

And then her dumber "story", the magically appearing unloaded gun, in a box, no, a holster, no, just on a shelf that shot someone on it's own and apparently without bullets and then, the....."FOG" that lets her and her attorneys try to cutely gloss over the little facts like the slit throat and 29 stab wounds as, gee, she can't remember, so you can't ask her questions about it. Yeah, her "defense" seems to be going over really well with this jury that, unfortunately for her, appears to have several working brains.

:floorlaugh:

screen-shot-2013-03-14-at-12-10-52-pm.png

[video=youtube;fuUuumAPdfc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuUuumAPdfc[/video]

At the 2:00 mark Juan brings up Salinas and getting her nails done. She is dodging that line of questioning...

Somehow the Salinas hair salon got lost on me. Can you please give me an quick run down on that? Did JA testify to that or how did people learn about it. Thanks!

This will be a long post, but I'm going to post JA's entire May 22 journal entry.

Thurs. May 22, 2008

Today has been a day of good news and sadness. Good news: my phone arrived! And not a moment too soon. Sad news: I finally had “the conversation” with Travis and it did not go well. I sort of put it to him already in an e-mail I sent a few days ago and he didn’t like that either, not nor did he take the hint. So I realized I had to be a little bit more direct. I told him that of course I’m looking for[ward] to his impending visit, that I can’t wait to check more things off the list (from 1,000 places), but that we probably would be better off in all ways if we were not physical.

He got offended and upset, then acted distant. I tried being so sweet and speak kindly to him, playing up all of the advantages of not violating the law of chastity, and he didn’t want to hear any of it. He said he already knows all that. Then it got worse, he asked me who I’m seeing, have I been getting my kicks with someone else, etc. Of course I swore that I wasn’t (which is true) but also pointed out that even if I was, then that’s my right. I also pointed out that I didn’t freak out when he confessed his potentially underlying love for Mimi. He said to leave his love life out of it. Typical. Then after a moment, he apologized, and said a lot of his frustration is from the fact that things in his dating life aren’t going that well, that yes, he still likes Mimi, but it’s not progressing the way he wants to, and he’s leaning towards giving up on her. I told him to be patient, she’ll come around.

The problem with Travis, is that he so used to guys girls falling all over themselves for him and she doesn’t do that. He needs that, I really think he does, –to wait.

Well, even sadder is we agreed to amicably part ways. He is an amazing person, and he’s told me countless times that I am one of the most beautiful people he’s ever met–on the inside and out. But it is really better this way. We both agreed to change our passwords, which we had exchanged eons ago to establish, or reestablish “trust” which we had both violated, so no more of that. We had both picked 2 accounts so I chose Facebook and Gmail and he chose Facebook and MySpace.

We are truly good people at the core, both of us, but we can’t behave ourselves when were around each other, not even over the phone. He said I am still like kryptonite to him. But I’m tired of being guilt-ridden when the air clears.

I knew it was wrong going over there all those nights but I couldn’t say no to him, I couldn’t not pick up the phone. He would rationalize it saying “it’s really not that bad,” or “come on, I want to please you,” and I was weak. I went anyway, I answered the phone anyway.

Moving has certainly helped me morally. I don’t know if it has him or if he’s found a replacement booty-call. For his sake I hope he hasn’t, not because it would be a replacement but because it is not spiritually productive. We both want to get married and I don’t think either of us is anywhere near that if we continue to act immorally w/each other. I am mortified that my phone was stolen. It had a hugely scandalous text message from him (10 pgs!) that he sent last week. It would make a steamy romance novel sound like a script from a G-rated Disney movie. I also had 1 or 2 recorded conversations that were equally as scandalous. I never did figure out how to play those back for him. Well they’re gone now and we won’t be making more. Well, actually I wouldn’t bet on it entirely, one of us will crack and call the other. It’s crazy, but what can you do?

Wherever my phone is now, I just hope text messages and conversations are never discovered. Yikes. It’s certainly not Pamela Anderson or Paris Hilton level scandal, there’s no videos but it would be embarrassing nonetheless.

I am honestly relieved about the whole thing. The “just friends” had many complicated “benefits.” I’m not seeing anyone per se, but somehow I feel like it’s still isn’t fair to any of my current prospects. And Travis said he still certain he wants to marry Mimi, although they’re not yet dating. It’s not fair to her either, in my opinion. We hadn’t talked about her in so long, I didn’t realize he was still in pursuit. I wouldn’t dare lecture him over it though. The first thing that almost popped out of my mouth was, “then why the hell are we still messing around if that’s the case?!?” But I kept it shut. For two reason[s.] 1: it would be like the pot calling the kettle black (as I’ve had my eyon eye on some wonderful’s myself. 2. I honestly don’t think Travis can be monogamous. I’m certain he wasn’t w/ me, although I don’t dwell on it anymore, but my certainty was further solidified when his pattern of behavior continued with his next girlfriend, Lisa Andrews. When he finally admitted that they had been dating, I felt so guilty. I almost wanted to tell her, it seemed only fair, but by then had already broken up and he had moved on to Mimi. Besides, not only would telling her destroy our friendship (mine and his), but it would cause a lot of unnecessary drama and pain. And just because Travis acted like a schmuck when it came to how he treated his previous girlfriends, doesn’t mean he’s capable of learning how to be better. It’s just that I’ve yet to see evidence of it. But perhaps it will be different w/ Mimi. One things for sure, I wouldn’t want to be the “other girl” in that relationship, I couldn’t handle the guilt. And these things don’t necessarily discount all of his other amazing qualities. He’s done more for me than I could ever cout count. He’s helped me in every area of my life. I’m indebted to him for all of the wonderful things that his done. He’s just so dang hot and cold. Bi-polar even, it would seem. But I have a gazillion memories that we’ve created that I will always value, just like the ones w/ Bobby, Matt, and Darryl. All unique. All special, all priceless.

Anyway, one thing I do know is it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I’m saddened and, yes, but it feels like a conclusion, like closure. The final chapter was finally written, and the ending was bittersweet. He said on some level, we will always be friends, but we both agreed that it’s better this way. It’s true. It is very much in alignment with the e-mail I sent him a few days ago. He’ll be so much better off this way spiritually and emotionally. And I’ll start dating for real again soon. Not this casual fill-in-your-Friday-night stuff. I won’t miss his teasing or his bi-polar tendencies to snap and yell and say things he ends up regretting, but I will miss his sense of humor. We’ll still have his car to take care of, but he’ll keep me posted on any new developments. He said if all else fails, then we’ll just scrap it but I would…END

Thanks JJ for posting this.

I say barf-a-Rama to this entry. JA is delusional.

I agree. I just read the journal entry and I did not believe it.

For example THEY changed back to private passwords ON MAY 22 so no one could claim if say, she was arrested for MURDER that she had hacked into his email, Facebook etc and maybe learned it was Mimi and not a babysitter of some friend of Travis's friend he owed money to (really Travis?) who he was taking to Cancun.

Mimi testified she confirmed to Travis she was going the last week or two of June

He probably would have had correspondence from PPL/travel agency regarding tickets as well

What day was the "mortified" Journal Article written? About the "lost" phone with the "scandalous" messages...almost as bad as Paris Hilton!
May 22?

Can't wrap my head around someone: dyeing their hair so as not to be recognizable to any nosey neighbors, hopping in their non descript rental car and smiling for a selfie before they head over to Walmart for an extra gas can, stop at Starbucks, one last call to the victim then over to Arco for 20-30 gallons of gas...turn off the phone and off into the darkness with weapons in the car to kill someone.

I am not sure. IIRC she "lost" the phone on May 18
BBM
That is a good thing!

one of JA's journal entries:

Thurs. May 22, 2008

The line "we probably would be better off in all ways if we were not physical" is very telling - that means Jodi was preparing to make him out to be some "sexual monster" in planning for his murder, just in case she got caught. So that would go back to getting planning started all the way on May 10 (sex tape recording), and maybe even before that. I don't know exactly how defense counsel works...I mean do they come up with the strategy or does the client (Jodi). Because seems to me it has been Jodi's idea to focus on the sex parts...since that was part of her back-up plan to begin with.

Thurs. May 22, 2008

I cannot even read this and I will not - No disrespect to you but I cannot read anything this murdering ho writes. JMO

I wonder why they didn't become concerned seeing Nappy pinned up in a downstairs area, blocking his roaming of the house with a doggie gate. Travis let his dog go everywhere in his home..Travis loved that dog. Why didn't the roommates pick up on why Nappy was confined for five days to a downstairs area? It doesn't matter now. It's almost over.. Thank gosh! JA can give us one last smile as she is strapped to a death gurney... She deserves nothing less than the DP.. IMO

Guys and gals are different. A gal would have noticed.

what most 20 something single guys are like. It wasn't THEIR house, it was Travis's and he seemed like the one who took care of it. The others were basically renting rooms. They were all on the go. I see them as normally oblivious males at that age. It was really hot so the air was likely blasting all the time and the body was in a bathroom attached to a bedroom in the separate master suite. Even if they smelled something, I'd bet they were fine with ignoring it-why go looking for trouble that might require a clean up-just wait for Travis to get home. I can remember going to parties at guys houses/apartments in my 20's and many of them smelled like there were dead bodies in them. And they never had toilet paper, which was even worse.

It's also a non-issue that just makes for a sadder story and less forensic evidence because of the body sitting there for some days.

Oh that is so gross. If any of my friends houses smelled I would do an about face. No toilet paper, I wouldn't use that bathroom, it had to be disgusting. So I guess the dog didn't eat and had to sit in his own urine and feces for 5 days because nobody wanted to look. That just makes me so sad. I don't know what kind of people the roommates were, they seem a little strange to me, but the real culprit here is Jodi she didn't care about Travis or the dog.

one of JA's journal entries:

Thurs. May 22, 2008

Was the before he told her he wanted nothing more to do with her....she ruined his life, etc? TIA

For example THEY changed back to private passwords ON MAY 22 so no one could claim if say, she was arrested for MURDER that she had hacked into his email, Facebook etc and maybe learned it was Mimi and not a babysitter of some friend of Travis's friend he owed money to (really Travis?) who he was taking to Cancun.

Mimi testified she confirmed to Travis she was going the last week or two of June

He probably would have had correspondence from PPL/travel agency regarding tickets as well

TexMex, where are the tacos???

I am a dog-lover also. You and I know that Napoleon knew something was wrong. The room-mates didn't live there that long as I recall. They were probably just staying cool or whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atthelake
it was said up thread that there were perhaps were not two Helio phones.

What evidence did we see put into the trial that there were two phones by the prosecutor?

Is it just one phone and we have been misled by her and her journals that there have been two? Can anyone help me understand please as far as the evidence.

That's what I'm unsure of...

Did she actually file a police report?

There should be a claim for a new phone and record of one shipped to her.

Was there just one Helio that she lied about losing? Or did she keep the first one and get a second Helio?

Couldn't she have just sent the sex tape recording to her computer somehow? Did she need to keep the phone in order to keep the recording?

Interesting, isn't it, that even this is eff'ed up? Not sure if anyone has the full answers about these phones. Shouldn't this at least this be clear by now?

Still, I have to wonder why she created so much verbiage around these phones? Nothing JA reconstructs is without a purpose, even when it fails.

Thanks JJ for posting this.

I say barf-a-Rama to this entry. JA is delusional.

So my question is did Alyce LaViolette get to read this entry is all the thousands of documents she claimed to have "read"? 'Cause this entire entry is laying the foundation for a back-up plan in case she got caught in the murder.

Oh that is so gross. If any of my friends houses smelled I would do an about face. No toilet paper, I wouldn't use that bathroom, it had to be disgusting. So I guess the dog didn't eat and had to sit in his own urine and feces for 5 days because nobody wanted to look. That just makes me so sad. I don't know what kind of people the roommates were, they seem a little strange to me, but the real culprit here is Jodi she didn't care about Travis or the dog.

I think there was a doggie door for the dog to go outside. Whether the poor dog had food, I don't know.

My perception is she is not happy in this photo.

Maybe Travis wanted a "secret" of this photoshoot as it was his brand new camera right? And Jodi planned to use the sex pics as blackmail, the reason why she left it in the washer. She wanted Travis's camera found with naked photos of them to send to his Bishop/Mimi.

She thought she'd kill him clean. Leave no DNA, leave AZ, and carry on to Utah without a trace in AZ. (cell phone off, no gas or food purchases)

Her plan was an epic fail. She did not plan on Travis fighting as hard as he he did. The whole thing was a disaster, but she still followed the plan to expose Travis and his "secret" sex life with Jodi.

Don't get me wrong, I am not pro-Jodi. ;) Just being realistic as to the events that occurred prior to the killing.

She still brutally killed him and it was not self-defense or the epitome of DV.

As much as Travis was angry at her, I do believes he still loved her, despite all the warnings he got.

EWWWW,, she looks so ugly in this picture, her hair, her face her body, especially the creepy expression on her face... what is she thinking? she looks soo dorky and fugly yukkk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam