Trial Discussion Thread #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this idea. Maybe he swung at her hand with the cricket bat, and knocked the phone from her hand. Then he banged on the door and the tub. Then they argued and at some point she started screaming. I also think he might have knocked that small chip off the door at this point, so he could see her. He totally loses his temper, goes to get his gun, and when he returns she has moved and he can't see her. So he shoots through the middle of the door and hits her hip. She collapses in pain back into his line of sight through the crack in the door, and you know the rest. :moo:

Was there ever an explanation for the bruises that were not related to the gunshots? I'm thinking the cricket bat struck more than the door, tiles and possibly the metal plate on the tub.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/oscar-used-expanding-bullets-expert-1.1659043#.Uzrz_8u9KSM
There were also bruises on the upper part of the right thigh that were not linked to the shooting and behind the left knee and the left shin.

One thing's for sure. Mrs' Stipp wears the pants in that family LOL

It also doesn't ring true to me that he was struggling to pick her up, simply because of his sheer strength and fitness (and being on his p.legs at the time, too .. as I suspect he had been all evening/night) .. there is no way he wouldn't have been able to pick her up, not with all his muscles and extreme fitness training.

There deffo must've been another reason why he called Stander.

Well unless I'm mistaken, Stander would be the only one with the authority to get someone through the gates without a passprint or being seen, correct? Wasn't his wife that was also overheard saying something about hoping the media didn't get wind of the "incident"?

Maybe I perceived him as not taking their advice since his testimony seemed to veer "off script." Roux did not seem happy. But I could be mistaken - he may have just been tired.

BIB. Roux, yes I'm sure that he was tired, OP too. Anyone would be tired after having experienced the Pit Bull! It was an extremely effective cross examination. Mr. Nel put an end to OPs emotional outbursts and had him answer the questions. OP did not come across as scared, vulnerable, or trapped. So it is no surprise that Roux was disappointed.

Wow that fact you even think this has any sway is pretty surprising. I am a websleuther and I don't need Nel to say he is a liar. I got it from OP responses.

You should be a websleuther too than just believing OP versions.

I don't think I'm not a sleuther because I believe OP is telling truth. Unlike some of the others here, I haven't begun my research from a position of suspicion and then looked at aspects of the case that validate those suspicions. I have begun from the position that he is innocent until proven guilty. That's the fundamental difference. I don't have anything to validate.

I think it would be important for the prosecution to counter the cricket bat audio testing with their own information, showing that a cricket bat hitting a door **inside** a house would be much quieter than a gunshot.

So far, the only youtube test I've seen is one guy who did an outdoor test. Does anyone know if someone has done an indoor test?

I think it would be important for the prosecution to counter the cricket bat audio testing with their own information, showing that a cricket bat hitting a door **inside** a house would be much quieter than a gunshot.

So far, the only youtube test I've seen is one guy who did an outdoor test. Does anyone know if someone has done an indoor test?

Prosecution has had their chance to present that evidence. Either they did the test and it didn't show what they wanted it to, or they didn't do such tests.

Irrespective of any tests, we have both the Standers saying they sounded the same as the gunshots, and they're the only ones who heard both.

<snipped for brevity; no disrespect intended>

What I think you're doing is getting too hung up on syntax and the way people express themselves. So here is a respectful tip. Why not just let people express themselves the way they want to and try to understand them from their point of view, not yours. I believe if it's for this same reason (that you missinterpret what people are saying) that you're not getting OP. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Now that is not a criticism because I do appreciate everything you say. I just feel that hbecause you tend to only look at the surface of things rather than try to see what's underneath and take into account ALL of the context etc. you miss things and come to rushed conclusions

That is a very odd, personal thing for you to say to me (I'm not sure I agree that's it's harsh, though, unless I take you seriously on your assessment of me; respectfully, I don't).

Also, I have zero desire to "get" Oscar Pistorius, a man who is on trial for shooting his girlfriend to death in the middle of the night recklessly and, as I believe, intentionally. If you feel you "get" him, and enjoy that kind of exploration into a killer's mind, more power to you. It's just not my cup of tea.

I may not agree with you on many of your arguments and yet I am still willing to have a conversation with you. But now you are getting personal with me. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't bode well for your arguments and will stop the conversation if you continue.

As for the cake comment and adding the word "too," I was joking. It was a joke.

----

Now, I'm off to bed. Enjoy the rest of your evening. And that's to all members on here as well as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500