Trial Discussion Thread #33 - 14.05.05 Day 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
then the police took over the scene.. I was then outside the door..

Oldwage.. do you perhaps know what time the intitial police person arrived??

Standar. I made the call to netcare about 3.27.. it arrived about 6 minutes after that.. I think.

Old. and its your evidence that you had given instructions to security to call the police.

this call, to the emergency medical sevices was this made from your phone>?

yes, it was. at about 3.27.. I tried to explain what happened..

Old. during the time you were at Oscars house, did you observe him??

Stand yes , ,, initially when he came down the stairs. in the hallway. in the kitchen.. I ts not something I would like to see again, milady. that young man walking down the stairs with the young woman in his arms, bleeding. his expression of pain and sorrow, his crying, his calling, his praying. . it was heartbreaking..

stand. she was bleeding. bugger I have lost my feed..

"Heartbreaking to hear him call out and beg God to keep her alive." Stander.

S says while he was there, he spoke to OP on the pavement, in the hall of house, and also went into the kitchen to talk to him.

S: ...the expression of pain on his face...he's crying, asking God to help him...he was torn apart. Broken. Desperate. Pleading. It's difficult really to describe. His committment to save the young lady's life...when he put his fingers in her mouth, how he begged her-how he begged God to keep her alive. I saw the truth there this morning and I feel it.

How long was he upstairs: Oldwage

Difficult to say, seconds or minutes......30-40 seconds he beleves: Stander

OW asks him how long OP upstairs.

S: Difficult to say...my daughter jumped up, while my daughter was upstairs on the landing she called him -less than 40 seconds.

I phoned Mr P's brother at 3.59, which is when Col V arrived.

Good morning - Bank Holiday Monday here in England so no work, I get to watch live for once!

Stander is doing a lot of pro-OP editorialising. Without being asked, he went on about how genuine OP's apparent grief was!!??

OW asks if he knows the people who were on the scene. He repeats that some were in civilian clothes, some in police uniform.

Mr Stander makes you realise that the impact is a wide one with the death of Reeva. You cannot help but feel for this man.

Indeed. Pour soul.

I dread to think how he must feel about his daughter having to experience something that's clearly had such an emotional toll on him.

S: I asked DR S what happened. He said he heard four shots. Silence, screams, four shots.

OW: Are you certain of what he said to you, with reference to the four shots?

S: I am.

And he outlines how he repeated it to his daughter at the time, and why he distictly remembers. And I think he just said he told her a person cannot shoot someone four times accidentally, even if you thought it was an intruder??!!

Look at June Steenkamp, and family and friends.
Totally unimpressed with Stander's crying testimony.

Stander is doing a lot of pro-OP editorialising. Without being asked, he went on about how genuine OP's apparent grief was!!??

He's on the stand to give an account of exactly how he found the scene and what he witnessed prior to and following his involvement in this instance.

What Oscar said and did is very important.

OW: Did Mr P have pets at home?

S: Yes, two dogs. I did (interact)....kind, playful.....sometimes they broke out and entered the streets of the estate and there was never an issue, never barked ot attacked people.

I am gonna give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment :)

Me too,for now.... I'm sure Oscar was upset, he'd had a chance to calm down and see that what he'd done to her was irreversible, not too mention that his life was going to change dramatically

S: I asked DR S what happened. He said he heard four shots. Silence, screams, four shots.

OW: Are you certain of what he said to you, with reference to the four shots?

S: I am.

And he outlines how he repeated it to his daughter at the time, and why he distictly remembers. And I think he just said he told her a person cannot shoot someone four times accidentally, even if you thought it was an intruder??!!

Yes he did say that!!! The look on Oldwage's face was kind of funny at that point. Eeesh...

Good morning from very sleepy Louisiana! I overslept!

Thanks for the breakfast, zwiebel!

He's on the stand to give an account of exactly how he found the scene and what he witnessed prior to and following his involvement in this instance.

What Oscar said and did is very important.

I thought that he was supposed to answer questions, not to go off on his own self-selected tangent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member