Trial Discussion Thread #43 - 14.06.30 Day 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr V: (OP's told him) I fall about once a week - I can't reach things, the dog can knock me over, has knocked me over many times. I've slipped many times in the shower. I bathe rather than shower...

If OP has pain on his left stump, and has balance issues on his stumps in the dark, all the more reason, IMO, that he should have put his prosthetics on & turned on a light when he supposedly heard a noise in the bathroom.

And to carry two fans, dodge various ipads on the floor and grab a gun!

Dr still explaining how OP's left heel 'clicks out' if he's not careful and he has real difficulty walking and balancing on uneven or slippery surfaces on his stumps.

I don't know WHEN OP told his doc all this - before or after he killed Reeva?

Oooohhh. Dr's descrp of moving the left heel pad around is making me queasy..

OP walks with bent left knee 'walks with difficulty...cld not walk on industrial carpeting' (in Dr's office.

All this is doing is convincing me he had his legs on all the time.

Dr V: The left knee actually buckled when he walked with it.

They just gave the measurements and I missed him.

When the Dr made the report, OP had large bruise across his thigh.

X rays now.

He balances better in the light and struggles in the dark. REALLY?
He struggles to carry items when he's on his stumps. Seems he did okay carrying Reeva from the bathroom and down all those stairs. From all the problems he has, I'm surprised he's not in a wheelchair.

Has trouble walking on industrial carpet.
When standing or walking he was bending his back forwards.

Dr V: The stump is curved, not straight. The heel of the foot, there is a bulge - that is bone, the heel pad is in fact behind the stump, it's not complete.

Just following along here & trying to keep up on twitter as I have to do some things (work phfff!), but I conclude, the expensive 1 month psych diagnosis which took a tiny few minutes of court time meant...not mad just bad?!
*wink*

Dr also said earlier OP finds it very painful if he steps on tile grout with his left stump.

Hi everyone, glad to be back.

Thanks Zwiebal, and everyone for the info re proceedings.

I'm away now till next weekend so not sure re access till then. Will need to catch up then.

I imagined there would be an adjournment for the judge and lawyers to study the reports. Hey Ho!

Lots of talk about the X rays, but they are not being shown.

Still trying to work out why OP would keep his bedroom completely dark if that means he falls over as soon as he gets out of bed....

Rebecca Davis @becsplanb · 2 Std.

Interesting fact: today is actually only the 34th day of the Oscar Pistorius murder trial, even though it feels like the 340th

Just following along here & trying to keep up on twitter as I have to do some things (work phfff!), but I conclude, the expensive 1 month psych diagnosis which took a tiny few minutes of court time meant...not mad just bad?!
*wink*

I think us WSers could have saved SA a buttload of $$$$. We already knew he was bad. ( not sad nor mad) ;)

Roux: ...it would grtly assist the court to SHOW the mobility....ask for short adjournment...to do the demonstration

Crt adjourned

The evaluation must be a disappointment for the defence team as they had argued that he was suffering from an anxiety disorder at the time of the shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member