Trial Discussion Thread #44 - 14.07.1-2, Day 34-35

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what brave person is going to sum up this morning's testimony for us?

That witness was excruciatingly boring! I couldn't listen to him, even with Nel on cross. However I did listen to an interview with an ex High Court judge last night who said that he feels Lin's testimony regarding sound will not be as convincing as that of the Burgers, who came forward of their own accord as responsible citizens to explain what they had heard.

Roux asked for quiet and I froze and held my breath :facepalm:

Does anyone think there are any more earwitnesses due? Mr Van der Merwe? Didn't he also call security? In the exchange with Nel about his saying all witnesses without exception had heard a female Roux mentioned they had a a call logged at 3:15, 3:16 and ... and did he say tape recordings! Or did I mishear?

BB was right. It's VZ. Doesn't want to be televised.

I think the upshot is that Lin accepted that the witnesses heard the sounds; that he could not exclude the possibility that they could differentiate between male/female voices; that he could not make a judgement on the fact that all four listeners were able to conclude that it was a female screaming.

So, what brave person is going to sum up this morning's testimony for us?

Not this gal. I'm jumping between here and Baden-Clay, plus I am reading through sleepy eyes.

Lin 'needs to point out to court' ambient noise levels at the time are another uncertainty.

You mean like frogs and perhaps crickets at 3am, or guards patrolling the estates in their buggies? Seriously, unless there's a busy highway close by, or a railway, what ambient noise would qualify as an interference? Oh wait, must be all those broken airconditioners...

R: In your own words, tell the court about your relationship with Mr P, and how it came about.

He is OP's manager/agent. Met him in 2004, biz relationship started 2006.

VZ: 'Brand ambassador'. Also says he had to make sure all financial aspects 'were in place'.

R: In your own words, tell the court about your relationship with Mr P, and how it came about.

He is OP's manager/agent. Met him in 2004, biz relationship started 2006.

So this one is just a character witness then? :facepalm:

VZ: ...heightened sense of awareness. Me and Mr P would drive quite fast to the airport. I'd say 'There's no rush'. He'd refer back to incident 'Where I was carjacked'.

Says OP always parked in open space with enough light so he'd feel safe and secure.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 32s
#OscarTrial Van Zyl: Pistorius had a heightened sense of awareness. He would speed because a fear of hijacking. BB

VZ: In NY we heard a loud bang. I just looked around but OP grabbed my arm. I thought this was a strange reaction, that he'd grab me like that.

Oh, I see .. he is trying to get across the 'heightened sense of awareness' (GAD) thing that he has already been medically assessed for, and which we gathered there was no particular issue with :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member