Trial Discussion Thread #49 - 14.08.7, Day 39 ~final arguments~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel: The conspiracy is too complicated and impossible.

Well said, Mr. Nel. Well said.

Mendacity is now my favorite word.

Nel: Reads how OP said he did not look down, and when he was up, standing by amplifier, it was pitch black and she 'was behind me'.

Nel points out, how did he knows that's when Reeva got up? He said he didn't know, didn't see.

So far, I've seen OP yawn THREE times and clench his jaw repeatedly. What does this mean, to any body-language experts in house?

Fascinating stuff. :)

Well at least that's settled. State accepts it could have been "I'm fine" as per PB's 1st statement not "Everything's fine", as per PB's 2nd statement. as I thought I doubt it for the part of the State's case or the judgement after all the rivers of ink.

You've missed the point .. the point Nel was making with that is that it would not matter a jot whether he did actually say "I'm fine" as opposed to "Everything's fine" .. the fact is that OP never said words to the effect "can you come and help me please (now that I've got you here on the phone)" and either way, whichever of the two was factually correct, neither of them showed that OP asked for help from security at the time of that phone call, and OP was still saying that he (or everything) was 'fine' when quite clearly, it wasn't!

Good morning too, to all you WS' but from rainy Nothern Germany! Now in awaiting of ... :jail: for "our" OP.

Oh, rain in the north... Come down to the south, Freiburg! Would enjoy to share with you as I know NOBODY around me sharing my interest in this trial.

The accused said it was pitch black when asked why he couldn't see Reeva.

OP had his head in his hands when he got up, lots of contradicting about duvet, denim and fans, this is the tailoring OP has been doing. :crazy:

I have visions of Oscar suddenly jumping up during Nel's closing to scream "I CONFESS! I CONFESS! I can't take it anymore! I LIED about everything! I wanted to kill Reeva! I did kill Reeva!"

What do you think the chances are? lol

0 - zero - unfortunately. :gaah:

Nel: At first he didn't remember/see where duvet was, then he remembered Reeva's shape under duvet, saw it 'go up'.

His version of a perceived intruder cannot be reasonably, possibly true....the curtains were open, the balcony light was on....the accused knew the deceased was in the toilet, and fired four shots.

That transcript appears to show that Roux accepted that she did hear a woman's voice, not that she didn't hear anything.

And ?

What does Roux accepting EVDM heard a "voice" have to do with Nel stating in closings that the Defence had "never put it to"(words used by Nel) to EVDM that she didn't hear "arguing". From the transcript it is patently clear the defence did put it to EVDM which is all I was noting, i.e. that Nel made a mistake. I never said Nel said the defence didn't accept EVDM didn't hear a "voice".

In any case one voice doesn't make an argument unless a person arguing with oneself or giving a speech which can also be called an argument.

Nel: He had to work on version where it was impossible for him to see her get up, where he had his back to the bed the whole time.....the blue light, why would he bother to cover it up?

You've missed the point .. the point Nel was making with that is that it would not matter a jot whether he did actually say "I'm fine" as opposed to "Everything's fine" .. the fact is that OP never said words to the effect "can you come and help me please (now that I've got you here on the phone)" and either way, whichever of the two was factually correct, neither of them showed that OP asked for help from security at the time of that phone call, and OP was still saying that he (or everything) was 'fine' when quite clearly, it wasn't!

Agree Jay-Jay, why would anyone say, I'm fine or everything's okay when they've just shot someone dead?! :whoosh:

Nel onto denim now. The denim was on TOP of duvet. Police would have had to take fans away, put duvet of the floor, put denim on top (according to OP version).

So far, I've seen OP yawn THREE times and clench his jaw repeatedly. What does this mean, to any body-language experts in house?

Fascinating stuff. :)

I reckon he's been heavily sedated .. to stop him getting angry with what's being said (I've suspected that right throughout the trial)

Nel: The conspiracy is too complicated and impossible.

Well said, Mr. Nel. Well said.

Mendacity is now my favorite word.

It's been a favorite of mine since the first time I heard Big Daddy utter it in "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof".

Nel: When OP was confronted about this,(duvet being moved) he referred to the cricket bat. He did not answer the question

Oooooh, I posted about that! All of the couples discussing sounds when they woke up to determine what they were!

Sorry if this has aleady been raised, but if you have security anxiety, to the extent that you keep a gun under your bed, would you really leave your balcony doors wide open when you go to sleep?

Nel: He had to do things in the trial - create sounds in bathroom, and at least speak to her (Reeva).....All couples who testified, spoke to each other about what they heard. OP never said a word to Reeva......But Samantha Taylor, he woke up (when he heard something with her).

I reckon he's been heavily sedated .. to stop him getting angry with what's being said (I've suspected that right throughout the trial)

Except for the days when he had ipecac ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500