Trial Discussion Thread #5 - 14.03.11-12, Day 7-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Interested Bystander.

So, if the bathroom window was closed when Stipp went by, after the shooting, then it makes you wonder how it was that Oscar saw it open upon his entrance to the bathroom....Unless of course, Oscar was lying.

Am thinking (as I'm sure many of you are also) that opening the window to fit with his 'I thought it was a burglar' story was one of the (possibly several) activities Oscar engaged in when he slipped back upstairs whilst Stipp was waiting downstairs with Reeva's body.

I think in his statement at the start of the trial he said he heard the window being opened. In his bail hearing affidavit he said the bathroom window was open. Yet another change to his story. I hope Nel makes a big deal of all the changes in his testimony. When you think of the how Roux makes major trouble of minor discrepancies in the Prosecution witness evidence we should be seeing major disruption of OPs testimony when and if Nel gets to quiz OP.

You could be right about OP going upstairs to open the window but we will probably never know. Some have suggested he went to wash his hands but, again, we may never find out.

The bat/door demo in court. When Col hit from a standing position, he is 1.85m tall, but bat hit at 1.53m.

It is interesting that the Col seems to have found one bat mark is 1.24 to 1.25m off the floor, before, he says, he knew Op's shoulder height without his legs is 1.25m.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-trial-live-updates-3232251

Re: only 2 hits with the bat.

Remember when Sam testified that Oscar needed to balance with something while on his stumps? Well, looking at the pic of the guy demonstrating it with both his hands in the air, seems to me like someone on their stumps would lose their balance and topple forward.

Perhaps this is the reason Oscar gave up on the bat after 2 strikes and went for the gun???

My point about the sign is who in their right mind would not think someone in the house just might be using the bathroom late at night. Especially when Reeva's safety is concerned, he even thought about her first.

To just start shooting through the door is mad no matter what you thought.

Just listening to the audio commentary on the Pistorius radio channel - the judge in this case can decide at the end of the trial that Darren Fresco was lying and didn't provide truthful testimony (having been caught lying about who was driving at speeds over 250 kmh), and she could revoke his immunity on the gun charges

Trial's about to go live - and it's empty in here. Surely zwiebel will be here to give us running updates :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname