Trial Discussion Thread #5 - 14.03.11-12, Day 7-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
and of course, no one knows yet how many objections Roux will have in his favour, do we ?? nope. could be none, its unguessable at this point.

<practicing> I put it to you that...

Perhaps Oscar invites danger into his life. He is a dichotomy for sure. Paranoid to the point of unreasonable recklessness that he feels he needs a pistol loaded with hollow point 100% deadly bullets meant to inflict the worst injuries, but wants to have more lax security when it suits him.

I believe while security is a concern, it is not quite to the level that requires someone on the second floor of their home to forgo opening a window. First floor, yes, absolutely, and I keep my own home properly locked. Second floor when it would be extremely difficult for anyone to get up to that area is fine for an open window, as long as one is reasonable.

Oscar lived in a gated and secure enclosure. He had 2 guard dogs! The worst danger for anyone in that community was likely more from Oscar than from any potential intruder. I mean, who was the one with the always loaded pistol with the trigger-happy finger?

BBM

He sure did seem to be on a course of destruction. I've watched numerous documentaries and shows about him over the past week and in the past 5 years or so, he was really playing with fire.

I believe he is, Sorrell. It is his job, his career , his chosen career, to be a prosecutor and not a defence lawyer.. it stands to reason he appreciates which side of the fence he sits on. I honestly do not believe the State would charge the great and heroic Oscar with this macabre and bizarre murder without a solid and arguable base..

Nels is confident in his witnesses.. and keep in mind, we get a clue of how much 'leeway', as one could put it, that Roux is getting, that Nels will get..

Nels will get exactly and perfectly the same ( and what people think is extended ) leeway as Roux appears to have so far.. not a jot more, nor a jot less..

Thank You, Trooper.

You have given me hope for Justice for Reeva.

By the way, the one new vernacular I've learned from following this trial is the use of "I put it to you..." So, I've been using it on my cat (because well, she's the only other living being in my home). She was neither impressed nor amused.

However, she too thinks Oscar is a murdering but she's willing to forgive him for some tasty treats. I believe that would be considered "bribery!"

Heh.. it must be catching.. I've been saying to my dog.. 'in all fairness' at which point she now gives me a bit of lip.

She thinks Oscar is a murderous lying <modsnip>, and a talented vomiter.

Heh.. it must be catching.. I've been saying to my dog.. 'in all fairness' at which point she now gives me a bit of lip.

She thinks Oscar is a murderous lying <modsnip>, and a talented vomiter.

Well your dog certainly can see talent in the voluminously vomitus Mr. Petrorius. I therefore put it to you... your dog is one intelligent canine of distinguished taste. I'm sure you must realize your dog is answering back, "there clearly is no fairness or I would be in complete control of the pantry and fridge!"

It's probably not just a little ironic that Oscar's 2 guard dogs are likely better behaved and more trustworthy than their master. woof!

Well your dog certainly can see talent in the voluminously vomitus Mr. Petrorius. I therefore put it to you... your dog is one intelligent canine of distinguished taste. I'm sure you must realize your dog is answering back, "there clearly is no fairness or I would be in complete control of the pantry and fridge!"

It's probably not just a little ironic that Oscar's 2 guard dogs are likely better behaved and more trustworthy than their master. woof!

There hasn't been any evidence given by these 2 mysterious dogs.. as yet.. if the pattern continues, as Roux puts it, under Oscars instructions, if anyone heard a dog barking, it was Oscar imitating an enraged Rottweiler.

another talent unknown.

He still has to explain ...

-Loud argument heard by multiple neighbors between 2-3 am
-Undigested food in stomach implying GF up at 1 am
-Calling estate care taker, rather than calling ambulance
-Stating everything okay, just after murder
-If toilet had no urine then he is lying, since he either shot her on the loo (before flushed toilet) or right after she stood up post flushing noise - what stranger pees while hiding?)
-Not worried about minimal urine in bladder, cause she was awake (eating at 1am and the neighbors heard her fighting 2-3am), so she may have urinated at that time. Also, doesn't the bladder relax and empty at death, so was it mixed in blood at scene on floor or mopped up?
-Still impressed by all door scratches, dings, etc. I think he was whacking it with his prosthetic or bat.
-Why 10 minute gap between first gun sounds and 2nd gun sounds. If looking for bat to break door open, why not call 911 too with all those cell phones sitting there and a possible stranger or harmed girlfriend needing medical care stat. Had he beaten her, so he was pacing and trying to think what to do - then grabbed his gun to finish it? Call someone? Searching for BR key? So first shot sounds around 3 am, 2nd noises around 3:15?
-Very suspect that he hit 3/4 shots behind "closed" door.
-If he didn't hit her head on 1st shot, then she would have been screaming... Whats the odds that the 1st shot was to head... in that case, she would have fallen to floor, so how did he know to lower gun towards floor to hit shoulder and groin through shorts?

Thank you to Nearly Nicked for the link to the BBC documentary. It is odd that there seemed to be an escalating pattern of aggressiveness. I gather he is very territorial with gf's. Such controlling behaviour is very unhealthy in relationships. I wonder if he suffered some sort of mild brain damage in that boating accident (or was it a car accident?). Anyway, I'll hang up my psychiatric hat for tonight. I so appreciate hearing everyone's take on this case. G'night m'ladies and m'lords.

Thanks Zhooter!

I'm sure you've all discussed this before but do you know if Stipp said in his testimony whether the bathroom window (that Oscar said was open when he entered the bathroom to check on 'the noise') was open or closed?

Thanks!

Closed.

Thank you to Nearly Nicked for the link to the BBC documentary. It is odd that there seemed to be an escalating pattern of aggressiveness. I gather he is very territorial with gf's. Such controlling behaviour is very unhealthy in relationships. I wonder if he suffered some sort of mild brain damage in that boating accident (or was it a car accident?). Anyway, I'll hang up my psychiatric hat for tonight. I so appreciate hearing everyone's take on this case. G'night m'ladies and m'lords.

Any pics released yet on the first few witnesses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MedbKo8mgs

I'm intrigued by the comments from RS's agent at the end of this documentary. She claims that RS was overwhelmed by the relationship with OP.

Thank You for posting this.

One of the particularly heartwarming quotes in the video by someone who knew Reeva was this one:

"Whenever you saw her, you would want to see her again tomorrow."

The tragic fact is that no one will see Reeva again tomorrow, or any day after that.

I pray that all the yesterdays, all the memories, will bring some comfort to her mother and her father, to her friends, and to all those lucky people whose lives she touched during her short time here on this Earth, and that their happy memories will help them get through all the tomorrows without her.

Reeva-Steenkamp-008.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/14/reeva-steenkamp-friends-shock-at-loss

Thank You for posting this.

One of the particularly heartwarming quotes in the video by someone who knew Reeva was this one:

"Whenever you saw her, you would want to see her again tomorrow."

The tragic fact is that no one will see Reeva again tomorrow, or any day after that.

I pray that all the yesterdays, all the memories, will bring some comfort to her mother and her father, to her friends, and to all those lucky people whose lives she touched during her short time here on this Earth, and that their happy memories will help them get through all the tomorrows without her.

Reeva-Steenkamp-008.jpg

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/14/reeva-steenkamp-friends-shock-at-loss

Yes, I believe that was Myers , her adopted sis,/ BFF who said that while in her room. She should be testifying - closest friend/ house mate - I know she is upset abt it- per video - and she will certainly have abundant info to share with the court concerning the obsessive tact of OP... we will finally get an unedited look at this man,,, and how he felt about Reeva.

In other news, I am finishing up Roux;s cross from yesterday- one thing about roux - he can help young attotrney's learn about the clock, about billing.... and about the bullshi^^ers charm... because Roux just specializes in sucking time up... for less than useful reasons.

Thanks, Interested Bystander.

So, if the bathroom window was closed when Stipp went by, after the shooting, then it makes you wonder how it was that Oscar saw it open upon his entrance to the bathroom....Unless of course, Oscar was lying.

Am thinking (as I'm sure many of you are also) that opening the window to fit with his 'I thought it was a burglar' story was one of the (possibly several) activities Oscar engaged in when he slipped back upstairs whilst Stipp was waiting downstairs with Reeva's body.

Media not allowed to take video or photos of the door :(

Sorry guys, I know I'm late....but what??? What is wrong with taking pics of the door??? This is getting bizarre.

Btw the ONLY person helped by no media pics of the door aka bullet holes, is OSCAR. SA should be asking why???? Why does this get to have special consideration????

The violence and gun culture is so prevalent in South Africa.

Its probably a miracle things like this don't happen more often.

Oscar for example - who needs that many guns? He had a large collection, all sorts of really nasty weapons.

Sorry guys, I know I'm late....but what??? What is wrong with taking pics of the door??? This is getting bizarre.

Btw the ONLY person helped by no media pics of the door aka bullet holes, is OSCAR. SA should be asking why???? Why does this get to have special consideration????

Judge overruled herself on this one - and ultimately allowed media to take pictures of the door

I'm making a sign to hang on the bathroom door late at night.

An occupant of this house is trying to pee.

Please don't make it easier by shooting through the door at random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname