Trial Discussion Thread #50 - 14.08.8, Day 40 ~final arguments continue~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to weigh into this debate except to say that IMO there's a very big difference between there being a few inconsistencies in what 4 independent witness recollect and the fact that there were countless inconsistencies in OP's version. The independent witnesses have nothing to gain. OP has everything to lose.

Yes, though I'm still trying to wrap my head around this supposed quote from Roux and where it came from... was he just on a roll and his verbal diarrhea got the better of him?

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Live/LIVE-Final-arguments-in-Oscar-trial-20140807
07 Aug 15:36 Roux: Stipp tells us about accused shouting help help help at a time when no-one else heard it...that was after 03:30.

I find myself quite surprised by your posts, Exchange. Surely you realise that it can still be murder even if Milady is not completely convinced he knew it was Reeva? I am assuming you also know that in terms of the case, premeditation is irrelevant. In SA, it has sentencing implications, but there's no requirement to prove it to get a conviction.

The issue at hand is "intent" and this can be a matter of seconds. Was he intending to seriously harm the human being he knew was behind the toilet door when he fired? If yes, it's murder. He doesn't have to know it was Reeva.I am also always amazed whenever anyone says "But how could he come up with such an elaborate story so quickly"?

Elaborate story? Where? What else was he going to say? His girlfriend was dead with bullets from his gun, in his home in the middle of the night. No evidence of anyone else or a break in, clearly not suicide. "Oh dear, I thought it was a burglar" is about all he could say, and would take a fraction of a second to think up.

He refused to speak to the police at all and when coming up with something for the bail statement all he had to do was be mindful of what neighbours might have heard. Since he was the only person in the house left alive, then most of what he said could not be directly contradicted.

It wasn't an elaborate story at all, I'm afraid. It was knee jerk.

And regarding the "help, help, help"'s - the ones Burger heard came immediately after the female ones. When pressed, she said she thought it was the man mocking the woman. That makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

Once he knows he's killed her, and also knowing that the "helps" from both Reeva and him may well have been heard, he replicates them on the balcony.

When you think about it, what is he doing yelling help from the balcony? Who does that in this day and age? Whose help did he want? Security? Evidently not because he changed his mind after calling them to tell them he was fine.

Netcare? The police? Stander? They were going to hear him from his balcony? His neighbours?

He shouted help like that because he knew it had already been shouted that night, and there was a chance someone heard. Only thing that makes sense.

BBM And that is really it to me, the intent. He should have not shot at anyone behind the door. Four big bullets. He was determined to annihilate what was behind the door. Did this reflect a huge amount of fear that the most of us could never imagine? Whatever the reason or cause he blew a life away.

Temporarily closed for review.

ETA: Was hoping to only leave it closed briefly while I cleaned up some posts. However, this thread needs to be reviewed more in depth - much further back than I initially anticipated. Will review & re-open as I can tomorrow morning. (USA - central time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname