TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's fine.

Prior is hammering this now. The D&C is a very long book of scripture. A few instances of one phrase appearing would not stick out in my head ever. In the same way it appearing in the Old Testament wouldn't necessarily stick out in my head either.
Yeah. It's one of those phrases that people may hear differently based on their background.

That particular phrase in the Bible once, in the New Testament (Hebrews 12:23), but within mainstream Christianity that's generally interpreted there as a description of all believers who are resurrected after Christ ("the firstborn of the dead"). Within LDS theology, though, it's used (10x in D&C) specifically to describe those who have earned the highest level of exaltation.

"The Church of the Firstborn," was also the name of another LDS offshoot sect that existed from 1861-1969, which was notable for believing in reincarnation.

Prior seems to be floundering, all over the place.
Implying the "blessing" was just Chad reading what he'd written for a book.
Back to doctrine. Whoops, now on to something else. I thought in trial attorneys were never supposed to ask a witness a question they didn't know the answer to.

who have earned the highest level of exaltation.
"The Church of the Firstborn," was also the name of another LDS offshoot sect that existed from 1861-1969, which was notable for believing in reincarnation.
Two things:
  1. Who told Chad he'd earned the highest level of exaltation?
  2. Did Chad think he was resurrecting the dead offshoot sect?

Prior seems to be floundering, all over the place.
Implying the "blessing" was just Chad reading what he'd written for a book.
Back to doctrine. Whoops, now on to something else. I thought in trial attorneys were never supposed to ask a witness a question they didn't know the answer to.
Too funny because when I was listening to the Blessing my thoughts ran right that way....I thought this sounds like one of Chad's awful books!

Two things:
  1. Who told Chad he'd earned the highest level of exaltation?
  2. Did Chad think he was resurrecting the dead offshoot sect?
It all started with Chad's visions. He "borrowed" the name of the church. Julie Rowe's right hand man Eric Smith (one time Chad's editor) wrote a book about the same church.

Okay, I thought I heard CD and LVD say they were going to lead a new Church and it was Church of the First Born. THanks for the info, wnk!

ETA: Judge thought it was a different church too :)
IMO, both can be asserted. It's totally different or 100% related.

Because the LDS deep text if different from day to day church.

Some say "First Born" emphasizers are apostate, First Born people say LDS is apostate.

I say, murder is wrong.

MOO

Next witness is Social Security Administration special agent Mark Saari, who had also testified at LVD's trial. My notes from that trial:

10 - MARK SAARI: STATE WITNESS, Social Security Administration (summary 1, audio Apr18)
social security payments

I have to say I am surprised at the seeming lack of LDS knowledge Prior exhibited today. Do you guys think he is acting or is it real? He can be a sly sneaky one so I am just wondering.

I would have to imagine if CD could muster any type of emotion at all, he would be angry at JP for getting so much of the vernacular wrong and basically belittling his Blessing of Alex.

I have to say I am surprised at the seeming lack of LDS knowledge Prior exhibited today. Do you guys think he is acting or is it real? He can be a sly sneaky one so I am just wondering.

I would have to imagine if CD could muster any type of emotion at all, he would be angry at JP for getting so much of the vernacular wrong and basically belittling his Blessing of Alex.
I couldn't for the life of me figure out if he was trying to show that CD's beliefs were part of LDS theology or were not.

ETA: I don't know if it's just Prior's cadence, but all of these redirects just sound like he's really confused with the whole case and is hoping that the witnesses will help him figure out (and keep straight) what's going on. Is that the strategy, maybe? Giving this whole "Wow, isn't this so confusing? Who'da thought??" vibe so the jury will associate that confusion with CD. ("Neither my client nor I have any idea what's going on!") MOO.

Last edited:
I couldn't for the life of me figure out if he was trying to show that CD's beliefs were part of LDS theology or were not.

ETA: I don't know if it's just Prior's cadence, but all of these redirects just sound like he's really confused with the whole case and is hoping that the witnesses will help him figure out (and keep straight) what's going on. Is that the strategy, maybe? Giving this whole "Wow, isn't this so confusing? Who'da thought??" vibe so the jury will associate that confusion with CD. ("Neither my client nor I have no idea what's going on!") MOO.
I think it's an act. Like someone said several days ago, he is trying to project how difficult this all is for him in a David vs Goliath contest.

So….I have semi-retired since the LVD trial and thought I would be able to follow this one more closely but I seem to be as busy in my semi-retirement as I was when I was working 24/7 as a hotel manager! I don’t have time to view everything I’ve missed and that includes most of yesterday and today so I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who are keeping us up to date here.

Can one of you clarify something for me? Several posters have mentioned that Chad said his authority came from the Church of the Firstborn. Was this something he said in the blessing he gave Alex? I’ve heard that blessing before or at least heard of it but from What WSers have said here it’s very long and I’m not going to have the time to listen to it now…but is that where he said it?

Also, can anyone explain why JP was asking a LE witness about the Church of the Firstborn and LDS? Wouldn’t it make more sense to call an LDS leader to explain what if any connection there is between the two? I’m not sure who was on the stand when they were talking about this but from what I’ve read here it sounded like a law enforcement officer who was raised in the LDS church - but it didn’t make sense to me that JP was questioning him about this. Was he some kind of religious expert for law enforcement? If not, why did the prosecution not object - if not for grounds that he wasn’t an expert at least that it was outside the scope of direct exam?

Too funny because when I was listening to the Blessing my thoughts ran right that way....I thought this sounds like one of Chad's awful books!

The never-ending blessing, what a bunch of gobeldygook! Yes, just like one of his books.

I was thinking how agonizing it would be if CD were to say grace before a meal and you were really really hungry. Torture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie