TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state can't testify. The witness already stated that she had never seen the house, so there was no point in asking her if there were stairs. There was no way for the state to get it in.

It's actually my belief that Garth and his parents were both on the main floor until Tammy was murdered and Mark came home. The stairs thing was probably just one of those things that people fill in memories with. perhaps the witness is just used to offices being on ground floors and bedrooms being upstairs, so she recalls that. Or he said down the hall and she heard down the stairs.

But there is a bedroom you walk upstairs to. It's where Chad was sleeping on June 9, 2020. I believe there are two more rooms used as bedrooms downstairs used by Garth and Mark on June 9th. And an additional bedroom that was the office. (Wait! Who answered the door eating cereal? Was Seth there, too?)

Even though I do not believe Tammy and Chad were in that upstairs bedroom when Tammy was murdered, I hope the jury remembers testimony such as from the LE knocking on the door and walking upstairs to Chad in bed. Because it shows that Prior was lying about his house.

MOO
yes, prior's modis operandi in questioning starts with 'would it surprise you to know'....as if what he is stating is accurate...witnesses who are familiar with testifying stay pretty tuned into the word salad....

We should start a list of ‘Priorisms’

Patricia Later (in fact the mother of this Hannah) testified:

* Warren Jeffs did this exact stunt at Barbara Barlow's (second wife) funeral.

** I think the "she" is supposed to be "he" with that he being Garth (Garth covering for Tammy). So yeah Chad can gallivant to conventions and cheat on his wife and go to book shilling events but Tammy for dang sure can't play Pioneerville or Farmville.

BBM.
Oh, yeah. She was so lazy. The night that Alex tried to shoot Tammy, she was returning home after a night of preparing freezer meals with some other ladies (who were doing the same for their own families). She had worked a full day at school, I am sure. But she gave of herself by making the freezer meals for the good of her family -- Chad Daybell included. He's lucky she didn't leave him before he killed her. He certainly did not deserve a woman like Tammy.

Oh, yeah. She was so lazy. The night that Alex tried to shoot Tammy, she was returning home after a night of preparing freezer meals with some other ladies (who were doing the same for their own families). She had worked a full day at school, I am sure. But she gave of herself by making the freezer meals for the good of her family -- Chad Daybell included. He's lucky she didn't leave him before he killed her. He certainly did not deserve a woman like Tammy.
As I've said before, Tammy deserved a flourishing in middle age, a new awakening of who she was minus Chad, learning how to love living single, hug her grandbabies, play her video games without fear.

If only these so and sos had just had an affair and run off to Hawaii without all the murder.

JJ would be wrapped up in love with Charles and Kay and Larry.

Tylee, thriving as a young adult, at BYU if that's what she wanted. In regular contact with Colby, holding her niblings and being the best auntie.

But the selfishness and narcissism of the people charged in this case... It just didn't allow space for the people who loved them to be happy and free.

And so, they destroyed them, smiling all the while.

MOO

And don’t forget also supporting him! And running a 5 k! And clogging! And doing aerobics! And raising five kids. And active in her church. Yikes. Chad is the out of shape and the lazy one.

And don’t forget also supporting him! And running a 5 k! And clogging! And doing aerobics! And raising five kids. And active in her church. Yikes. Chad is the out of shape and the lazy one.
She also basically ran his whole publishing company. Covers, PR, all that jazz. People have testified that she was front of house, the one who responded to the business emails.

And yet the implication of the evidence given is that the woman couldn't sit down and play a video game in her own house for five minutes without being shamed by him for it.

MOO

Last edited:
She also basically ran his whole publishing company. Covers, PR, all that jazz. People have testified that she was front of house, the one who responded to the business emails.

And yet the implication of the evidence given is that the woman couldn't sit down and play a video game in her own house for five minutes without being shamed by him for it.

MOO
Yes indeed while CD was out and about on stolen money from another hard working man who was trying to provide for his wife who CD was "doing you know what to" in his "portal" per say.

@iamshadow21 but, you can't go to Hawaii without lots of money! So, Tylee, JJ, Charles Vallow, Tammy Daybell had to die to provide cash for the trip!

Laid out like that, it is so impossible to believe that people actually planned this. Who would ever be this way? And two people, found each other, and agreed to the plan. Plus another person. It is inconceivable. Truth is stranger than fiction, no one could even imagine a story like this. It is too outlandish.

@iamshadow21 but, you can't go to Hawaii without lots of money! So, Tylee, JJ, Charles Vallow, Tammy Daybell had to die to provide cash for the trip!

Laid out like that, it is so impossible to believe that people actually planned this. Who would ever be this way? And two people, found each other, and agreed to the plan. Plus another person. It is inconceivable. Truth is stranger than fiction, no one could even imagine a story like this. It is too outlandish.
Unfortunately, there are these dark conjunctions. Two people who meet and amplify the dangerous desires and impulses of each other. Parker and Hulme, Leopold and Loeb, Fourniret and Olivier... Vallow and Daybell are nothing new or original, they're just awful in a very familiar way to anyone who's read a lot of true crime, especially true crime stretching back to historical true crime. They're of a type that reflects one of the most lethal dynamics and bonds between human beings that has always existed as long as there have been people, in some form or another. It's there in school shooting pairs, it's there in couples who commit child abuse murders after a long campaign of torture, it's there in so-called 'Romeo and Juliet' teen couples who team up to kill their families. The key is different, but they're all playing the same tune. Sadism, excitement, power, sex, control, and money can all be factors. They're certainly all present in Vallow and Daybell. I see nothing unbelievable in what they did or why they did it, I just see the incalculable waste of it all and feel very, very sad and tired.

MOO

He has kids. He knows kids go to school.

MOO

Don't DW and MG each have a special needs child (from prior relationships)? If so, it would seem likely they would both be a little more aware and curious/interested in where JJ was that morning (and any school plans for the day) as they could "relate"

jmo

Don't DW and MG each have a special needs child (from prior relationships)? If so, it would seem likely they would both be a little more aware and curious/interested in where JJ was that morning (and any school plans for the day) as they could "relate"

jmo
I wonder how many other people, kids included, would have been at risk if enough time had gone by. Wasn't that one of BBs concerns and why he didn't want Melaneice to have custody of their kids?

(DBM- not the box I wanted to respond to. )
At Tammy's viewing, Chad told a witness that Tammy went to bed upstairs. After JJ was found and he was detained, Chad told Emma to take the mattress from upstairs. It seems that he slept there. Prior was misleading on purpose.

Prior flat out lied twice to the jury in ways that they can learn.

It is in evidence that there are stairs to a loft as you mentioned in the Emma police cruiser vid, plus the testimony when the search warrant for the kids was served- and Chad was sleeping up in the loft. Prior was being unpleasant to the witness, calling her out on a petty inconsistency when the inconsistency that she saw was significant- and Prior lied.

If the jury remembers the stricken statement that Prior owns the house, the lie is even more bold.

Prior also deceptively cut off the 911 tape to claim Tammy did not call the gun pulled on her a rifle. That lie is detectable to the jury.

Catching Prior in lies is more likely to make the jury interpret his unpleasant personality as sleaze rather than as an understandable response to the harm done to his client by an evil seductress and the government.

I don't think we can get Prior to stop testifying, so my next big hope is he keeps undercutting his own credibility.

MOO

Last edited:
So just how many times did Tammy roll out of bed, Chad? Can't remember, eh? And what about the thud? And was she cold, or wasn't she? Chad, you just haven't got the brains to be a master criminal. Or a writer. Or anything really.

There are a lot of ugly stereotypes surrounding homeschooling, so when I hear those kind of statements, I like to try to present a different perspective.

First off, there are literally millions of children who are homeschooled, and it's currently the fastest-growing form of education in the United States. There are many reasons why parents may choose to homeschool. Some parents homeschool due to concerns about bullying, mental health, violence, and politics in public schools. Some homeschool due to the children's special needs not being adequately addressed or children needing more one-on-one instruction for success. On average, homeschooled students score higher on standardized tests and have higher college GPAs.

The vast majority of homeschooled children are not being homeschooled to hide abuse. They are homeschooled because their parents care deeply about their education, their mental health, and their overall well-being and are dissatisfied with their experiences in the public school system. On the flip side, there are many, many children within public schools with mandatory attendance who are being abused without their teachers or staff members ever suspecting.

Personally, I don't think it'd be unreasonable to require homeschooled students to receive annual physicals from a licensed physician or to make a quarterly or annual appearances to meet with district counselors about their educational goals and achievements, but since most decisions about education are handled at the state level, it's going to be a patchwork when it comes to who requires what.

And in this case, it makes very little difference. JJ was already deceased when LVD pulled him out of school, and if that weren't an option, she'd have just lied about where she was sending him anyway.

Thanks for that. It's rare that a homeschool family abuses their children--but when it happens, it draws attention and focus. In fact, many homeschooled families now work in conjunction with public schools so their children can audit specific classes or play sports.

During COVID, many families were required to homeschool to some extent, and when all the virus rules were lifted -- some continued to homeschool, after seeing how their children had progressed at a higher level.

I agree it might be good to have a required annual physical or some other type of in-person assessment just to ensure everything is on the up and up.

And Chad having the nerve to call Tammy lazy makes me so angry - coming from him, that fat, ugly, evil, useless, talentless slug, who was basically living off Tammy's hard work and talents! And to say it at her funeral! Words fail me.

Prior flat out lied twice to the jury in ways that they can learn.

It is in evidence that there are stairs to a loft as you mentioned in the Emma police cruiser vid, plus the testimony when the search warrant for the kids was served- and Chad was sleeping up in the loft. Prior was being unpleasant to the witness, calling her out on a petty inconsistency when the inconsistency that she saw was significant- and Prior lied.

If the jury remembers the stricken statement that Prior owns the house, the lie is even more bold.

Prior also deceptively cut off the 911 tape to claim Tammy did not call the gun pulled on her a rifle. That lie is detectable to the jury.

Catching Prior in lies is more likely to make the jury interpret his unpleasant personality as sleaze rather than as an understandable response to the harm done to his client by an evil seductress and the government.

I don't think we can get Prior to stop testifying, so my next big hope is he keeps undercutting his own credibility.

MOO
Testifying is a no-no, but lying should be sanctioned more harshly, IMO. We don't know if the jury will figure out that he's lying. There are so many details in this case that can easily get lost.

And Chad having the nerve to call Tammy lazy makes me so angry - coming from him, that fat, ugly, evil, useless, talentless slug, who was basically living off Tammy's hard work and talents! And to say it at her funeral! Words fail me.
He said that Tammy wasn't an easy person to live with. Yeah, if only she didn't suspect he was cheating. His gaslighting wasn't working any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe