TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A list of times with locations for texts and calls between Chad, Lori and Alex on the days when the children were buried was published elsewhere. Chad's phone was at home at all times, with one exception (afternoon of Tylee's burial). It was in contact with Lori's phone before Alex got to Chad's, during the time he was there and after. Chad used another phone to communicate with Alex before the latter took the bodies to his property. Lori was in Rexburg during the burials but was receiving information from Chad during that time. Alex was also in contact with Lori afterwards. Hours after Tylee's burial the trio reunited in Rexburg. Before that they were seemingly in a three way call. There is no way any of the three could deny involvement in the conspiracy regarding the children. Yes, Lori and Chad were having an affair, but how do you explain Chad's involvement with Alex during the same time? There's no way Chad could have been framed.

Last edited:
Alex's phone was also at Chad's for 10 minutes or so on two August dates (Aug 7 and Aug 24). One instance was in the early afternoon and another in the morning. Was Lori also in Idaho at that time of did Alex visit Chad alone? What was the purpose of those visits?

He said that Tammy wasn't an easy person to live with. Yeah, if only she didn't suspect he was cheating. His gaslighting wasn't working any more.

How would he know? CD was always off on his "book" tours. While Tammy was at home, working a full-time job, raising kids, running a business. CD was probably checked out when he was at home too, you know, too busy writing books to do yard work, house cleaning, or anything else.

Another interesting detail from the list of communications among co-conspirators. On the night when JJ was murdered, Chad was up and texting Lori from 4am to 8:30. That night DW had a nightmare. Didn't he or MG text Chad for help? Did Chad address that? I wonder if he dug JJ's grave early in the morning. Alex arrived at Chad's at around 10am and stayed for 15 minutes or so. Both Alex and Chad contacted Lori before Alex left (Alex called, Chad texted).

How would he know? CD was always off on his "book" tours. While Tammy was at home, working a full-time job, raising kids, running a business. CD was probably checked out when he was at home too, you know, too busy writing books to do yard work, house cleaning, or anything else.
To Chad an easy person was probably someone obedient who would never doubt or question his "leadership". Maybe Tammy stopped putting up with his crap. Depression was also probably seen by him as a negative personality trait.

At Tammy's viewing, Chad told a witness that Tammy went to bed upstairs. After JJ was found and he was detained, Chad told Emma to take the mattress from upstairs. It seems that he slept there. Prior was misleading on purpose.
Good catch! Hopefully the jury catches it too.
To Chad an easy person was probably someone obedient who would never doubt or question his "leadership". Maybe Tammy stopped putting up with his crap. Depression was also probably seen by him as a negative personality trait.
Or someone he can communicate with through a portal

Someone asked awhile back what the Prosecution should ask the Daybell children if they testify. I couldn't find the original post to quote it, but here's what I've come up with. There's obviously more that I'd be curious about, but these are the ones that I think would help the Prosecution's case.

Walk us through a typical day for your mom in the weeks prior to her death. Now walk us through a typical day for your dad.
(If they were really sticking with CD's narrative of her being sick and slow, then was CD picking up the slack? Was he the one getting up early in the morning to go to work? make the meals? take care of chores? pay the bills? If CD really thought she was ill, wouldn't he be trying to pick up the slack, rather than running around with LVD and AC?)

How would you describe your parents' relationship? Did you notice any changes to that relationship after their move to Rexburg?

When did CD introduce you to LVD? How many kids did she have?

(Emma told others that LVD was a "family friend," but how long had the "family" actually known her?)

Do you know where CD moved to five days after Tammy's death?
(It's presumed that he moved in with LVD, but did his kids know this?)

Were you ever introduced to AC?
(We have nothing to indicate that the Daybell kids ever met him? Why not, if he and CD were such good buddies? If they hung out together at their property on Monday mornings together? This would show that CD was trying to hide aspects of what he was doing from his children.)

When did CD tell you he was engaged to LVD? Were you invited to the wedding?

How much contact did CD have with you in Dec 2019-Feb 2020, when he was in Hawaii with LVD?

When did you first hear that Tylee & JJ were missing? Where did you think they were?

What animals were buried in the pet cemetery? Who dug those graves? How deep were they?

(Since JP implied that CD, former sexton, would ONLY know how to dig graves with a backhoe)

Do you consider LVD part of your family? Your stepmother? How much contact do you currently have with her?

Last edited:
How would you describe your parents' relationship? Did you notice any changes to that relationship after their move to Rexburg?
(The move to Rexburg was only a few months prior to the beginning of CD's affair with LVD)
SBM. The Daybells moved to Rexburg in 2015. Chad and Lori's affair started in late 2018.

To ask arbitrary questions, the state would have to call Chad's children as witnesses, otherwise the state would be limited to the scope of JP's questioning. IMO JP will focus on Tammy's ill health and perhaps try to portray Chad as a good husband until Lori turned up and led him astray.

SBM. The Daybells moved to Rexburg in 2015. Chad and Lori's affair started in late 2018.

To ask arbitrary questions, the state would have to call Chad's children as witnesses, otherwise the state would be limited to the scope of JP's questioning. IMO JP will focus on Tammy's ill health and perhaps try to portray Chad as a good husband until Lori turned up and led him astray.
Thanks for the correction -- I was looking at the wrong date on my spreadsheet!

And I agree; I do think that JP has been trying to create a narrative that everything was hunky-dory until that fateful day LVD came into CD's life, which is where I think answering that question would pose an interesting conundrum for the Daybell kids. Would they stick with JP's narrative, thus admitting that their dad was a bad husband? Or would they insist that nothing changed in his marriage up until Tammy's death, thus illustrating to the jury how well CD was able to hide his true feelings and motives from even those closest to him?

i
Someone asked awhile back what the Prosecution should ask the Daybell children if they testify. I couldn't find the original post to quote it, but here's what I've come up with. There's obviously more that I'd be curious about, but these are the ones that I think would help the Prosecution's case.

Walk us through a typical day for your mom in the weeks prior to her death. Now walk us through a typical day for your dad.
(If they were really sticking with CD's narrative of her being sick and slow, then was CD picking up the slack? Was he the one getting up early in the morning to go to work? make the meals? take care of chores? pay the bills? If CD really thought she was ill, wouldn't he be trying to pick up the slack, rather than running around with LVD and AC?)

When did CD introduce you to LVD? How many kids did she have?

(Emma told others that LVD was a "family friend," but how long had the "family" actually known her?)

Do you know where CD moved to five days after Tammy's death?
(It's presumed that he moved in with LVD, but did his kids know this?)

Were you ever introduced to AC?
(We have nothing to indicate that the Daybell kids ever met him? Why not, if he and CD were such good buddies? If they hung out together at their property on Monday mornings together? This would show that CD was trying to hide aspects of what he was doing from his children.)

When did CD tell you he was engaged to LVD? Were you invited to the wedding?

How much contact did CD have with you in Dec 2019-Feb 2020, when he was in Hawaii with LVD?

When did you first hear that Tylee & JJ were missing? Where did you think they were?

What animals were buried in the pet cemetery? Who dug those graves? How deep were they?

(Since JP implied that CD, former sexton, would ONLY know how to dig graves with a backhoe)

Do you consider LVD part of your family? Your stepmother? How much contact do you currently have with her?
These are EXCELLENT questions! I hope the prosecution is reading this!

Wanted to share it appears court is off today so that as many members of Adah County law enforcement as possible can attend the funeral of Deputy Tobin Bolter. He is the first Adah County LEO to be killed in the line of duty, ever.
Boise City LEO have been called in to replace the officers attending the services and procession temporarily.

Hey guys, I just watched a you tube podcast by “Duty Ron”. It’s two police investigators from New York. I saw it by accident. They are ripping Barry’s defense attorneys apart and it sure made me smile. They call it total BS. I think you all will enjoy it! I won’t post it here because I don’t know if it’s approved but you can go to YouTube and do a search for Duty Ron. They are covering the case well and calling out all of the defense attorneys lies.

Prior flat out lied twice to the jury in ways that they can learn.

It is in evidence that there are stairs to a loft as you mentioned in the Emma police cruiser vid, plus the testimony when the search warrant for the kids was served- and Chad was sleeping up in the loft. Prior was being unpleasant to the witness, calling her out on a petty inconsistency when the inconsistency that she saw was significant- and Prior lied.

If the jury remembers the stricken statement that Prior owns the house, the lie is even more bold.

Prior also deceptively cut off the 911 tape to claim Tammy did not call the gun pulled on her a rifle. That lie is detectable to the jury.

Catching Prior in lies is more likely to make the jury interpret his unpleasant personality as sleaze rather than as an understandable response to the harm done to his client by an evil seductress and the government.

I don't think we can get Prior to stop testifying, so my next big hope is he keeps undercutting his own credibility.

MOO
This has photos of the house including a room with beds that has a pitched roof. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/202-N-1900-E_Rexburg_ID_83440_M16746-17260

Wednesday, May 1st:
*Trial continues (Day 14) (@ 8:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial began on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Day 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 & Trial Day 1-12 (4/10-4/26/24) reference post #556 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-3.710965/page-28

4/29/24 Monday, Trial Day 13: *State witnesses: FBI Special Agent Nick Ballance [works in the Cellular Analyst Survey Team (CAST)/ CAST is a group of 70-80 special agents & task force operators who specialize in using cell phone records to determine the general location of a phone that might be of interest in an investigation]. Hannah Parker. [She prefers to go by Hannah Munoz & lives near Springville, Utah. Tammy is her Mom's cousin]. Patricia Later [She is Tammy’s first cousin].
*Blake says their next witness will not be here until Wednesday, 5/1/24. She requests that court dismiss for the day & will reconvene Wednesday. Boyce says it is complicated & complex to schedule for a trial of this length.
For more info on direct see post #596 (article) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-3.710965/page-30
Trial continues on Wednesday, 5/1/24.

But he was a good raccoon shooter limb burner!

Another interesting detail from the list of communications among co-conspirators. On the night when JJ was murdered, Chad was up and texting Lori from 4am to 8:30. That night DW had a nightmare. Didn't he or MG text Chad for help? Did Chad address that? I wonder if he dug JJ's grave early in the morning. Alex arrived at Chad's at around 10am and stayed for 15 minutes or so. Both Alex and Chad contacted Lori before Alex left (Alex called, Chad texted).
Chad probably dug JJ's grave after Tammy left for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member