TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
A memory from today: Shout out to Mr. Wood for his objection!

Prior, when he actually attempted a cross, asked a question with words like, "Chad had said he was burning some tree limbs...."

Wood objected, misstates the evidence, the defendant never mentioned trees!

BOOM! Go Wood!

MOO

Been seeing some grumblings on social media about people thinking "the storm" stories are funny and looking forward to them is bad because "it's a trial about children being murdered."

Well yeah it's a trial for grisly murders. We need something to laugh at - we're laughing at Chad, not the murdered children or murdered wife. I need people to give me a break.
It's human to look for comic relief. If it weren't, the Coen Brothers couldn't have made Fargo.

Maybe Prior is ill. Nate Eaton has been coughing and ill for weeks. And Lauren from Hidden True Crime was sick also.
Maybe court will be canceled for a sick day.

I did notice that Prior and Chad were like the only ones NOT sick - perhaps until now.

I think Prior looked angry at Chad today, partly because he was sitting apart but talking to him more.

Illness doesn't explain the talking, but it would be a reason to sit apart.

MOO

I’ve said repeatedly Chad was/is a serial killer. Lori was his sycophant. Today’s testimony has proven the murderer of Tylee used a pick axe on her pelvis. Testimony was that it wasn’t to dismember her and it was overkill. Chad didn’t like Tylee and knew she didn’t like him. He took out his aggression on all women who rejected him.
She was not going to be his last. Also this killing was not in the apartment as there was no dna there. Yet Chads tools were used.
I’m glad he was arrested. Being a grave digger and having an obsession with death anyway, I can see how he enjoyed this.
Interesting thoughts but do you think she and Alex wouldn't have murdered Charles if she hadn't met Chad? Also, did Chad ever even meet Tylee?

Prior was different today.

Complete speculation, but this is my theory. He was bluffing all along about the kids testifying, and today he learned the prosecution is really going to call Garth, Emma or Leah. And Prior knows it will go badly.

Priors only chance on the Tammy charges was to make the jury believe Chads own kids think he is innocent. But once one takes the stand, it's over. They will either crack a bit, come out with honest unfavorable facts, or come off as proof of Chads control over others. Or any combination.

MOO
I just can't fathom him having control over anyone. He's got the personality of a tree stump.

Prior was different today.

Complete speculation, but this is my theory. He was bluffing all along about the kids testifying, and today he learned the prosecution is really going to call Garth, Emma or Leah. And Prior knows it will go badly.

Priors only chance on the Tammy charges was to make the jury believe Chads own kids think he is innocent. But once one takes the stand, it's over. They will either crack a bit, come out with honest unfavorable facts, or come off as proof of Chads control over others. Or any combination.

MOO
I keep asking myself who is going to be the final witness for the state? Samantha Gwilliam would have been perfect and the only way to get better than that is ONE OF TAMMY's kids! Well, that is in my head now, has been all weekend ever since Samantha testified.

So I really love your speculation! I keep trying to figure out which one of them and I do not believe Emma so that leaves Garth or Seth or Leah. I remember way back when one of the sons said something along the lines of "my dad is a good guy he just does dumb things sometimes" in response to CD marrying LV so quickly. I can't recall which of the sons said it,but he would be my guess.

Sorry for the spattering of thoughts:

Prior cross examined Tylee's (now) 22 year old friend from Chandler, and tried to get her to say that Tylee was more of a mom to JJ than Lori. This is the second witness he did this with.

I guess the point is to show that Lori is a bad mother, and thus would totally frame Chad, but...what would Lori's motive be then, if Tylee provided co-parenting?

Also, Lori framing Chad does not make any sense because Chad was connected to her. If she planned to run off on Chad, she couldn't both frame him and keep collecting the SS money- once he was collared her income stream would be interrupted.

MOO

I just can't fathom him having control over anyone. He's got the personality of a tree stump.
And yet, the control is intensely effective. Just look at how programmed Emma was in the police car. Look how programmed the 5 kids were on 48 hours.

His Schtick was being a humble mumbling prophet that only a few understood. His act was. "Look, I'm not a handsome smooth talker or anything, so it must not be vanity making me think I'm a prophet. I just am."

MOO

I keep asking myself who is going to be the final witness for the state? Samantha Gwilliam would have been perfect and the only way to get better than that is ONE OF TAMMY's kids! Well, that is in my head now, has been all weekend ever since Samantha testified.

So I really love your speculation! I keep trying to figure out which one of them and I do not believe Emma so that leaves Garth or Seth or Leah. I remember way back when one of the sons said something along the lines of "my dad is a good guy he just does dumb things sometimes" in response to CD marrying LV so quickly. I can't recall which of the sons said it,but he would be my guess.

My perception is that Emma and Seth are the most thoroughly indoctrinated. Garth was a grand jury witness. We don't know what he said there. But we do know he was willing to split from Chad a bit to be Tammy's lookout for when she wasn't following orders. Leah had defended Chad vigorously in the past, but she lives far away. She also (my opinion only) seemed the most capable of honestly expressing emotions on the 48 hours interview. That whole family is so flat....it's obviously an expectation NOT to express emotions. But Leah emoted even back in that 48 hours interview. If she feels real feelings, it would be harder to ignore facts that illicit feelings, IMO.

I don't have a take on the youngest.

So I think the best potential for explicitly inculpating testimony is from Garth and Leah. Possibly, Garth's statements may have evolved over time, and he may have the Audrey problem, as he was a grand jury witness.

MOO

Fairly certain Leah was living in Utah when most of this occurred (I don't know for how long she'd been married at the time) so IMO that makes her much more divorced from the situation, and therefore less indoctrinated than say, Emma. Also interesting she was allowed to stay in Utah whereas Garth was pressured to move to Rexburg under threat of spiritual attack (may it's because she had a husband). MOO.

Was it Mark or Seth who was serving his mission in Africa at the time?

Based on the testimony of his followers, I think that their IQ is at that level as well, if not a bit lower.
The thing is, very intelligent people get caught up in cults and are put under coercive control.

I'm not willing to discount the low IQ theory wholesale for all of these players, but in fairness, the trauma they have experienced does dull the cerebral reflexes. Some may seem brighter and brighter as they deprogram.

But I do not for a moment think you have to be dull witting to be manipulated, indoctrinated, or controlled. That narrative can turn into blaming the victim.

One more thing: Victimhood does not excuse bad behavior. I'm not making an excuse for anyone under Chad's control for their actions. Please don't flame me.

MOO

Ugh. He actually looked up over at the jury with a smirk when they were defining what "the storm" referred to.
View attachment 503261
I saw that as well. Would he laugh if his kids were in the court room? Did his mom or brother attend today? Definitely not embarrassed. I guess that is one way to dismiss it as not important - both he and his attorney brush it off and it is just a joke?

Fairly certain Leah was living in Utah when most of this occurred (I don't know for how long she'd been married at the time) so IMO that makes her much more divorced from the situation, and therefore less indoctrinated than say, Emma. Also interesting she was allowed to stay in Utah whereas Garth was pressured to move to Rexburg under threat of spiritual attack (may it's because she had a husband). MOO.

Was it Mark or Seth who was serving his mission in Africa at the time?
Mark is the youngest- he was out of the country for his mothers murder and funeral.

MOO

That whole family is so flat....it's obviously an expectation NOT to express emotions.
Skipping out on Samantha's luncheon aside, a handful of witnesses for this trial have testified that the kids were very emotional, if not hysterical, at the services for Tammy, at least in comparison to Chad. Though it sounds like it wouldn't take much to out-emote Chad.

We'll take that for what it's worth.

I saw that as well. Would he laugh if his kids were in the court room? Did his mom or brother attend today? Definitely not embarrassed. I guess that is one way to dismiss it as not important - both he and his attorney brush it off and it is just a joke?
It is the logical partner to the

Wimminamirite defense. The boys will be boys defense.

MOO

It is true that LDS has a strong patriarchal culture and I do believe the kids are in denial because Chad taught them: “I am your father. Believe no one but me.”
He told them way more than that, keeping them in line with his light/dark and seeing behind the veil nonsense. It's a cult thing. I hope they wake up from it.

The thing is, very intelligent people get caught up in cults and are put under coercive control.

I'm not willing to discount the low IQ theory wholesale for all of these players, but in fairness, the trauma they have experienced does dull the cerebral reflexes. Some may seem brighter and brighter as they deprogram.

But I do not for a moment think you have to be dull witting to be manipulated, indoctrinated, or controlled. That narrative can turn into blaming the victim.

One more thing: Victimhood does not excuse bad behavior. I'm not making an excuse for anyone under Chad's control for their actions. Please don't flame me.

MOO

Agreed. This was limited to CD's followers, none of whom had professional degrees, and, INMO, based on their testimonies, they did not appear to be MENSA candidates. Forgive me if this is judgemental. Nor do I see them as "victims". JJ and Tylee are the victims here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77