TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday, May 16th:
*Trial continues (Day 25) (@ 8:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. 5/2/24: Juror dismissed due to illness. Now: 12 jurors & 5 alternates.
Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial began on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 & Trial Days 1-23 (4/10-5/14/24) reference post #262 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-5.712515/page-14

5/15/24 Wednesday, Trial Day 24: *State witnesses: FBI Special Agent Rick Wright [a contractor special investigator for the FBI in Pocatello. When Rexburg police contacted FBI on 11/27/19 & described the circumstances under which JJ was missing, it met the requirements of the FBI getting involved. JJ was 7 at the time]. Back on stand for cross. Rexburg Det. Ray Hermosillo recalled. Attorney General investigator Nicholas Edwards. [He worked for Pocatello police {SWAT} for 15 years before joining the AG].
For more info on direct see post #274 (article) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-5.712515/page-14
Trial continues on Thursday, 5/16/24. State has one additional witness who will be called tomorrow. He will be the last witness for the State. It will also be a shorter day tomorrow.

Prior seemed confident that 3 of the Daybell children would testify for the defense. If he knew he was calling Garth (as part of the 3) then surely he would know the state also called him? If so that wouldn't explain the demeanor change as he'd be expecting it already. Or how does that work?

There's five: Garth, Emma, Matt, Leah, Seth.
It's easy to guess which three will be testifying in Chad's favor: the ones that sat behind him at one of his previous hearings (Emma, Garth and Seth). I don't see Garth going against his father AND his siblings.

I have been watching Nate Eaton tonight. He thinks prosecutors last witnes is Doug Hart. He still has damning testimony fromLori’s I cloud and texts of chad speaking of turning up the pain on Tylee.

If not, I wonder if Doug hart will be star witness for death penalty….you know, to turn up the pain for chad?
I think Nate is on the money. Not much chance of the witness being led by the nose on cross.

Did we ever find out what specific mental illness Lori was diagnosed with?
Boyce did refer to a diagnosis completed in February that suggests Vallow Daybell suffers from “delusional disorder mixed-type with bizarre content and hyper-religiosity, continuous and unspecified personality disorder with ... narcissistic features.”

IMO she made him feel sorry for her. Somehow he believes in church/police/judiciary conspiracy in her and Chad's case. He was also led by the nose by a youtuber (which possibly cost him his Idaho law license).
Maybe he had a crush on her because she , who resembles Barbie, was batting her eyes and giggling.

I was thinking the same thing today about Chad. I know that people like him rarely have any self reflection or admit wrongdoing, but I still hope and wish he could one day look at LV and think “I killed my wife for this?” (Not that anyone is worth killing a spouse for, obviously, but I hope he regrets it. )
I think he already does. Affairs wear thin on men with time. He isn’t thinking of Tammy. He is thinking of going to prison. In their phone call, when she was jailed, he was left with nothing to say. He didn’t try to comfort her and let her know he loves her. She had to beg him to reassure her. Of all the ways they had to speak in code, saying “I love you” out loud should have come so naturally.
To say, “Honey everything will work out because you aren’t guilty of anything”, should have come next but he couldn’t do it.

Boyce did refer to a diagnosis completed in February that suggests Vallow Daybell suffers from “delusional disorder mixed-type with bizarre content and hyper-religiosity, continuous and unspecified personality disorder with ... narcissistic features.”

Wow that is a mouthful.

Prior seemed confident that 3 of the Daybell children would testify for the defense. If he knew he was calling Garth (as part of the 3) then surely he would know the state also called him? If so that wouldn't explain the demeanor change as he'd be expecting it already. Or how does that work?

Mark is the youngest boy, Matt is Chad's brother, and moved with his family to Rexburg years before Chad. Mark and Heather chose Rexburg for non-apocalyptic reasons and were appalled when Chad was forcing his family to move there on anticipation of end times that---weren't marked on their calendars, so to speak.

MOO

Law & Crime is already live streaming on YouTube, but it’s just showing a desktop computer screen… Anyone know if something’s already going on?

Edit: it says started 21 hours ago, so I guess someone just forgot to stop the stream from yesterday.

Did he refer to them as the 5 problems in their phone call?

One can always put those clever name-callers from the sub basement on ignore. And, if WS is on a significantly higher discourse level, well, I assume the mods can be notified of those horrible name-callers and their posts deleted.

Chad Daybell is a conspiring, manipulating killer... calling him names is really too good for him.

JMO
I agree with you. And your descriptions of Daybell are fine, and true. But the snarky, demeaning "nicknames" based on his physical appearance are just so low. They are offensive, IMO.

Did he refer to them as the 5 problems in their phone call?
I tend to think the five problems were those that are dead: Alex, Tammy, JJ, Tylee, and Charles.

Isn’t it strange that he talks to Tammy and Alex “from the beyond” but Charles and JJ and Tylee will have nothing to do with him??
I don’t blame them! Besides, they are in Heaven and have forgotten that Chad and Lori even exist. IMO.

But the snarky, demeaning "nicknames" based on his physical appearance are just so low. They are offensive, IMO.
If you choose to be offended on Chad Daybell's behalf that's your prerogative, and your opinion is not necessarily a reflection of reality.

Being offended by people calling Chad a "frog" (most common example) does not make you any better or worse than the people that do. It is not difficult to mute or ignore the "sub basement" dwellers. Respectfully signed, a card carrying member of the Websleuths "sub basement." MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member