TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dates were correct up until a couple of months ago. Then they corrected a mistake and doing so made another, much bigger one. The judge only noticed it today.
Will they be allowed to say that to them? Or will they be instructed to disregard everything they've heard about JJ?

Although the cases are so intertwined that doesn't seem reasonable.

I have a horrible feeling that the motion to directed verdict might mean he has to be found not guilty.
I'm sick for the possibilities for JJ's grandparents and family- Colby- it's not right to not have all appropriate convictions. Sad enough that Alex is not standing trial.

It's not about the outcome for Chad, which I don't see materially impacted.

It's about justice for JJ.

MOO

Where I worked, with names and numbers, it is big time trouble if you mess up, at that level, there is not a supervisor double checking your work. You are supposed to double and triple check these things, yourself, prior to final stamp.

This is big.

I also agree with JP, that the state did not present sufficient evidence regarding the fraud charges. I don't know why we didn't see every single amount of life insurance policies, and dates of activation.

There is still Tammy's death though. And the evidence of DNA on tools.

What happens if the judge tells the jury JJs charges are removed? They are going to wonder why.
It may give them reasonable doubt all the way around.
Yet the State had 4 years to seal this up.
Personally I do not think the date error should lead to dropping charges. However, the state charged him with murdering JJ on a specific date. He is clearly not guilty of that. So...

And if they do have to drop the charges for that, I can't see how simply telling the jury to disregard anything they heard about JJ is satisfactory. I think there would have to be a complete mistrial. Not what I hope for but we'll just have to see what happens. It is almost certainly a huge issue for appeal.

Where I worked, with names and numbers, it is big time trouble if you mess up, at that level, there is not a supervisor double checking your work. You are supposed to double and triple check these things, yourself, prior to final stamp.

This is big.
Hate to "re-quote" you..
But
"Pryor HAS final stamp"

sorry.just popped into my head.

Personally I do not think the date error should lead to dropping charges. However, the state charged him with murdering JJ on a specific date. He is clearly not guilty of that. So...

And if they do have to drop the charges for that, I can't see how simply telling the jury to disregard anything they heard about JJ is satisfactory. I think there would have to be a complete mistrial. Not what I hope for but we'll just have to see what happens. It is almost certainly a huge issue for appeal.
There us still the conspiracy charge, though, right?

I am thinking worst case scenario the State will have to drop charges for JJ's murder.
The conspiracy count for JJ would still stand. Weren't Lori's charges also two murder counts and three conspiracies? He could get the same penalty as her. I'm fine with that, as long as he never gets out and isn't put in a cushy prison.

Was the amended indictment released publicly? Was it linked to in articles and such? Hindsight but could anyone in the public have caught this? Ugh, so sad and frustrating.
This seems to be it. It's there, it's right there, I'm so angry.

If the judge rules against the State on JJ nothing can make up for this. The jury will wonder why. No explanation, just dropped. State we will have egg on its face around the world and Prior will have been given a gift. Even Prior didn’t catch this! The judges clerk did. No wonder Larry is crying.

It might cause reasonable doubt for Tammy and Tylee. Ugh…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173