TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been thinking about JP’s insertion that CD was headed for his lawyer’s office the day he was arrested. Wasn’t Mark Means his attorney at the time? And wasn’t Mark Means in Meridian and isn’t meridian in Ada County? Why would CD say he almost made it to the Frémont county line? Isn’t Frémont county north of Rexburg? And isn’t Ada County west of Rexburg? If his lawyer did tell him to come to his office why was he traveling north? It was hard for me to hear the recording of CD & ED but it sure sounded to me like he said I almost made it to the Frémont county line - did I hear it right? Is there any way he was headed to Frémont county to see his lawyer? What am I missing?

I’ve been thinking about JP’s insertion that CD was headed for his lawyer’s office the day he was arrested. Wasn’t Mark Means his attorney at the time? And wasn’t Mark Means in Meridian and isn’t meridian in Ada County? Why would CD say he almost made it to the Frémont county line? Isn’t Frémont county north of Rexburg? And isn’t Ada County west of Rexburg? If his lawyer did tell him to come to his office why was he traveling north? It was hard for me to hear the recording of CD & ED but it sure sounded to me like he said I almost made it to the Frémont county line - did I hear it right? Is there any way he was headed to Frémont county to see his lawyer? What am I missing?
Chad's home is in Fremont county and Rexburg in Madison county. IIRC, he was traveling south. Emma mentioned JP in that recording, so they likely contacted him when they were at her house. JP is also from Meridian, so I don't know where Chad was supposed to meet him.

Last edited:
How has Chad thrown Lori under the bus?
Apart from blaming her for seducing him, JP also insinuates that the deadly doctrine came from Lori and that Alex was listening to her orders, not Chad's. JP denies that Alex ever tried to harm Tammy though. So according to JP, Lori and Alex killed Charles and the children, but Tammy's death was natural. His theory is that Chad knew nothing about Lori's wedding plans when Tammy was alive and didn't know about the bodies buried in his back yard.

WOW. Did Melani say that?
IIRC, Melani told her new husband Ian that she had a dream in which she said goodbye to one of her daughters. It seems that she was resigned to the notion that her children would die.

Ian's letter to his attorney was found by his ex-wife Natalie and was published as part of Melani and Brandon's custody battle:

“Melani had been told by Chad & Lori that their children had been possessed & had become zombies.”

“Melani began to share that she feared for the lives of two of her children based on a dream she'd had when they came to her... Her daughter thanked her for allowing her the freedom to use her agency until the end.”

Last edited:
I wonder if Chad ever watched Supernatural. So many of these ideas and delusions seem like they could’ve been plagiarized from there IMO
I've never seen Supernatural but I know he picked up stuff from all over, as did Julie Rowe. The thing about cords comes from ancient teachings about the soul being attached to the body by a silver cord, which remains attached until passing on. The multiple probations were obviously taken from reincarnation, another ancient teaching from India. I think a lot of cults, along with new agers, rip ancient teachings and incorporate them into their own stew of ideas. In their case, it all got mixed into an LDS framework.

Apart from blaming her for seducing him, JP also insinuates that the deadly doctrine came from Lori and that Alex was listening to her orders, not Chad's. JP denies that Alex ever tried to harm Tammy though. So according to JP, Lori and Alex killed Charles and the children, but Tammy's death was natural. His theory is that Chad knew nothing about Lori's wedding plans when Tammy was alive and didn't know about the bodies buried in his back yard.
Good grief. Was that all from his opening statement? I guess it's his job to present a theory of the case but I sure don't believe he believes it. He's not stupid. All of that is somewhat plausible except for the kids being buried in the backyard. Prior knows better. I could never be a criminal lawyer because one side or the other is always lying and I would not do it. The only think I could commit to would be adherence to assuring constitutional rights were protected which doesn't include BS.

I've never seen Supernatural but I know he picked up stuff from all over, as did Julie Rowe. The thing about cords comes from ancient teachings about the soul being attached to the body by a silver cord, which remains attached until passing on. The multiple probations were obviously taken from reincarnation, another ancient teaching from India. I think a lot of cults, along with new agers, rip ancient teachings and incorporate them into their own stew of ideas. In their case, it all got mixed into an LDS framework.
Ian's take (from link in my previous post):

"There were fun and exciting ideas, but it felt like many of them were ripped straight out of the Dungeons & Dragons manual. Between the stats, accounts of dark and light weapons, and words spoken in blessings, it sounded like someone had created a tabletop RPG based on the Bible."

I think CD became obsessed/enthralled with the "Doomsday Culture" that was prevalent in the mid 70's-early 80's, all about nuclear war, so many shows, documentaries at that time, that predicted nuclear winter, devastation. Focus on "being prepared".

Then, CD took a way left turn, and went off the deep end.

Ian's take (from link in my previous post):

"There were fun and exciting ideas, but it felt like many of them were ripped straight out of the Dungeons & Dragons manual. Between the stats, accounts of dark and light weapons, and words spoken in blessings, it sounded like someone had created a tabletop RPG based on the Bible."
I can't believe that Ian, who seems to have some functioning brain cells, stayed married to Melani.

I wonder if people ever get PTSD after being a juror on such a horrific case. I hope she's recovered from it. I couldn't do it.
At some point four of the jurors from Lori's trial were in the audience for Chad's. It seems they are dragged to the case, not just watching it at home. Those are the people who didn't know too much about it before they were picked as jurors. I'm sure some others don't want to relive their experience and aren't following the trial.

I think CD became obsessed/enthralled with the "Doomsday Culture" that was prevalent in the mid 70's-early 80's, all about nuclear war, so many shows, documentaries at that time, that predicted nuclear winter, devastation. Focus on "being prepared".

He instilled fear of the future in his readers and followers. In his books (pre-Julie Rowe) he envisions natural disasters but also invasions of foreign armies on US soil.

There were tons of people on speaking circuits and talk shows, back in the 80s & 90s, who were predicting "earth changes" and even had maps of what the US would look like after STHTF. Look up "earth changes map" in an image search and there are lots of them. It was massive earthquakes, a pole shift or asteroid impacts back then. I used to listen to those talk shows (Art Bell being the main one) and heard a lot of those people interviewed. The "end is near" theme is an old one, though, and just gets worked in to whatever belief system is being promoted. Of course, the Mormons are also big into prepping, which is prudent, but that may lay a groundwork for justifying fears of greater doom.

IIRC, Melani told her new husband Ian that she had a dream in which she said goodbye to one of her daughters. It seems that she was resigned to the notion that her children would die.

Ian's letter to his attorney was found by his ex-wife Natalie and was published as part of Melani and Brandon's custody battle:

“Melani had been told by Chad & Lori that their children had been possessed & had become zombies.”

“Melani began to share that she feared for the lives of two of her children based on a dream she'd had when they came to her... Her daughter thanked her for allowing her the freedom to use her agency until the end.”
I don't recall if I'd read that before but think I did because I remember thinking that Ian had to be crazy to not ditch Melani when she dumped all of this stuff on him. I just don't get it. I mean he was actually afraid for the safety of his own children and and ex wife but still chose to rescue Melani. It's another unbelievable part of this story.

I don't recall if I'd read that before but think I did because I remember thinking that Ian had to be crazy to not ditch Melani when she dumped all of this stuff on him. I just don't get it. I mean he was actually afraid for the safety of his own children and and ex wife but still chose to rescue Melani. It's another unbelievable part of this story.
Melani was pregnant at the time. IMO Ian didn't want to abandon his child and perhaps she convinced him she wasn't a believer any more. She was still accusatory towards Brandon (despite being involved in his murder attempt) and the police. Until this trial, she never really turned on Lori.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk97821