TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, maybe we have the answer to the mattress in the cozy cone???
I suspect the mattress went in the cozy cone at come point after CD returned from Hawaii after LVD was arrested. I’m not sure who all was living there but EDM said “a lot of people” lived there at the time CD was arrested. They weren’t expecting CD to move back to Rexburg since he was supposed to be in Hawaii with LVD so GD was probably still there and I’m not sure about Mark and whether he had returned from his mission by then and maybe they had roommates too - as I said I’m not sure who “a lot of people” was referring to but CD had no place to set up his portal to LVD.

Somebody said yesterday that Emma did not have a computer or smart phone at the time she was supposedly looking up wind direction on her parents' computer IN THE LIVING ROOM WITH SCREENS FACING EVERYONE....

Today I heard Joe Murray say he was out back chopping wood in the shed behind his house and he got a FB notification about Tammy's post re: Paintball gun shooter in her driveway. So he goes inside and Emma just got the same notification.

Thus, it seems they DID have some type of modern day electronics in order for them to be notified.
EDM said she had a smart phone but wasn’t very comfortable with it and preferred to use the computer. I don’t know that she didn’t have one at her house though. One would think that a teacher would need one for a multitude of reasons.

I suspect the mattress went in the cozy cone at come point after CD returned from Hawaii after LVD was arrested. I’m not sure who all was living there but EDM said “a lot of people” lived there at the time CD was arrested. They weren’t expecting CD to move back to Rexburg since he was supposed to be in Hawaii with LVD so GD was probably still there and I’m not sure about Mark and whether he had returned from his mission by then and maybe they had roommates too - as I said I’m not sure who “a lot of people” was referring to but CD had no place to set up his portal to LVD.
Chad asked his neighbors (the Gilberts) if he could live with them. They declined.

This was likely Audrey's visit on October 29 (10 days after Tammy's death):

I wonder if Chad was there as well. He moved out of his house by then.
Haven’t seen this before…if it was the 29th it was likely MBP not AB since LVD threatened AB on the 28th & she left Rexburg on the 29th. And yes I think CD was likely there as he started living with LVD either the 23rd or 24th. Also, the Gilberts said CD & LVD & another lady visited them on the 29th - again I suspect that was MBP not AB since AB left that day

Haven’t seen this before…if it was the 29th it was likely MBP not AB since LVD threatened AB on the 28th & she left Rexburg on the 29th. And yes I think CD was likely there as he started living with LVD either the 23rd or 24th. Also, the Gilberts said CD & LVD & another lady visited them on the 29th - again I suspect that was MBP not AB since AB left that day
MBP was a blonde and the woman in the video is dark-haired. The dates are very close.

You think zombie. I think Electra complex - daughter in competition for Dad's affections with whoever is the wife of Dad at the time. Why else change her appearance after the death of her mother to look so much like LV?

I would love to hear a knowledgeable psychological expert speculate on what happens in an Electra complex dynamic between mother and daughter in a polygamous setting. Emma described dear old Dad as a fundamentalist... maybe Emma just considered Tammy a "sister-wife" - I mean this in terms of bonds of special affection and not physical relationship - and that is why she seems so lacking in the kind of grief one might expect to be seen in a daughter who has lost her mother.

Didn't Chad write a book featuring Emma as the title character? I don't know...but thought I read that here. (I have ZERO interest in reading anything Chad wrote or hearing anything he taught.)

Emma seems stuck in that "I'm Daddy's special girl" phase of life and I imagine having been featured as a character in one of his books reinforced that dynamic. Maybe Chad tried out his "you were a wife in another life" schtick on his daughter before taking it outside the family. I wouldn't put it past him.
Great post and yes to all of it.

I must say that JP seemed more capable in his cross examinations and objections during the state’s case in chief than he has appeared so far in presenting the defense case in chief.

8 witnesses so far (sorry if I spell some of the names wrong)
1 & 2 & 3) Emma & Garth & Joseph Murray basically to say TD was in poor health and died of natural causes not murder and that she was not familiar with rifles or paint ball guns but it was a paintball gun and had nothing to do with AC but if it did he was trying to kill CD not TD
4) Garth’s attorney to say LE was trying to intimidate Garth into changing his GJ testimony but the attorney didn’t really seem to know what was going on - was it the same GJ asking Garth for a 2nd appearance to clarify what they thought might be discrepancies in his testimony before them or was it a new GJ seeking to indict him for perjury at the request of the state?
5) Dr Raven- forensic pathologist- to say that there is no way to determine that the cause of death was homicide - didn’t say it wasn’t - only that she couldn’t determine it - but would she have come to the same conclusion if she had reviewed all the evidence? And don’t forget JP’s conclusion that people who were not at the “murder” sort of cancels the argument that it wasn’t murder, doesn’t it?
6) Reagen the neighbor - to say she heard a gunshot before Sept 9th and talk of raccoons - ok - but what has that to do with anything that happened Sept 9th or after? - and oh yeah people in the area have guns
7) Keracic from AG’s office - to say he spoke with MG & he took what she was saying as her personal beliefs and after the recording she rated him - so MG was behind the rating system not CD
8) Schmidt - Rexburg PD - to say there was no boundary distinguished between looking in the pet cemetery and the burn pit for Tylee’s remains - and?

JP’s remaining experts as per his opening statement will be
1) Eric Bartelink forensic anthropologist- to speak about the conditions of Tylee’s remains & why the skeletal remains are incomplete - but that isn’t going to change the fact that the kids were found on CD’s property
2) Dr Hampikian - DNA expert - to say that AC’s fingerprints & LVD’s hair found on plastic on JJ and no DNA of CD found on either - but hasn’t the state already conceded that?
3) Patrick Eller - digital data expert - to show AC’s travels - but didn’t indicate it would show anything different than the state showed - can’t imagine how this is supposed to help the defense

I get that JP doesn’t have much to work with here but is he throwing in the towel? I thought his direct exam of several (if not all) of today’s witnesses was haphazard and totally ineffective. And while yesterday’s testimony from Garth & Emma was more interesting than today’s I don’t think either did much to impact the jury.

I wonder how CD is feeling now about turning down a plea deal…
I think Chad feels superior to others and believes he will win. No chance.

I'm still kind of laughing about Garth's likely accidental destruction of one of Prior's points. Yesterday, Prior asked Garth if "castings" are a part of LDS doctrine. Garth said that Joseph Smith is said to have cast a dark entity out of a man named Newel Knight. Joseph Smith wrote the account of this event:
...His visage and limbs distorted and twisted in every shape and appearance possible to imagine; and finally he was caught up off the floor of the apartment and tossed about most fearfully. His situation was soon made known to his neighbors and relatives, and in a short time as many as eight or nine grown persons had got together to witness the scene.

After he had thus suffered for a time, I succeeded in getting hold of him by the hand, when almost immediately he spoke to me, and with great earnestness requested of me, that I should cast the devil out of him, saying that he knew he was in him, and that he also knew that I could cast him out. I replied “if you know that I can it shall be done,” and then almost unconsciously I rebuked the devil; and commanded him in the name of Jesus Christ to depart from him; when immediately Newel spoke out and said that he saw the devil leave him and vanish from his sight. (SOURCE)
We have already discussed how Catholics and Protestants would refer to this as an exorcism, but tomato, tomato. Yesterday, Prior and Garth had this exchange:
Garth said his parents put light and dark numbers on people “every now and again.” Prior asks about a casting recorded in a book. Garth says Joseph Smith was casting a devil out of Newell Knight. Garth says he isn’t sure the story would be shared as often anymore. Garth says Knight did not die after the demon was expelled from him – he went on to do great things. BBM.
So if Prior knew that Garth would respond with this (reasonable assumption), what was his point? Chad taught that the body had to die for someone to be saved from a possession, at least sometimes. I don't think ol' Joe Smith ever taught that.

I believe Emma when she says that her father "prayed" a "dark spirit" out of her (y'all know what I mean), and she is still alive, but Tylee, JJ, and Tammy were also preyed upon by dark entities, and they died. MOO.

Somebody said yesterday that Emma did not have a computer or smart phone at the time she was supposedly looking up wind direction on her parents' computer IN THE LIVING ROOM WITH SCREENS FACING EVERYONE....

Today I heard Joe Murray say he was out back chopping wood in the shed behind his house and he got a FB notification about Tammy's post re: Paintball gun shooter in her driveway. So he goes inside and Emma just got the same notification.

Thus, it seems they DID have some type of modern day electronics in order for them to be notified.
And that prompted him to call LE. If it had not been made public, would it not have been reported?

Last thread I asked if someone could tell me how old the Daybell kids are. @aafromaa responded but I didn't see that until now. This is what they said:
I think they range in age from 24 to 32 and think I have the years correct here but could be off a year on any of them…
GD born 1992 (same year CD graduated)
EDM born 1994
SD born 1995
LDM born 1998
MD born 1999
If this is accurate then that means their youngest Mark is my age. I can't imagine having to deal with something like this right now, though it would've begun when Mark/we were about 19. Also, out of curiosity I looked at Chad and Lori's birthdays; Chad was born two weeks before my dad and Lori has the same birthyear as my mom. I don't know why that makes me feel weird but it does.

Thank you Afro.

Last thread I asked if someone could tell me how old the Daybell kids are. @aafromaa responded but I didn't see that until now. This is what they said:

If this is accurate then that means their youngest Mark is my age. I can't imagine having to deal with something like this right now, though it would've begun when Mark/we were about 19. Also, out of curiosity I looked at Chad and Lori's birthdays; Chad was born two weeks before my dad and Lori has the same birthyear as my mom. I don't know why that makes me feel weird but it does.

Thank you Afro.
After posting that I saw elsewhere that Mark may have been born in March of 2000 - so maybe that makes you feel a bit better :)

And never been called Afro before lol. AAfromAA are my initials and my city & state. I know it’s hard to know who people are with screen names and such but no need for “they” - I’m a lady so “she” is fine :)

I'm still kind of laughing about Garth's likely accidental destruction of one of Prior's points. Yesterday, Prior asked Garth if "castings" are a part of LDS doctrine. Garth said that Joseph Smith is said to have cast a dark entity out of a man named Newel Knight. Joseph Smith wrote the account of this event:

We have already discussed how Catholics and Protestants would refer to this as an exorcism, but tomato, tomato. Yesterday, Prior and Garth had this exchange:

So if Prior knew that Garth would respond with this (reasonable assumption), what was his point? Chad taught that the body had to die for someone to be saved from a possession, at least sometimes. I don't think ol' Joe Smith ever taught that.

I believe Emma when she says that her father "prayed" a "dark spirit" out of her (y'all know what I mean), and she is still alive, but Tylee, JJ, and Tammy were also preyed upon by dark entities, and they died. MOO.
I do think Garth flubbed his lines as Prior had in mind a few times. I do not think he was supposed to say the raccoons were all buried in the compost area. I think he was supposed to say he saw them daytimes. I can't recall all, but I felt that there were several relatively minor points Garth flubbed. (Or rescued, if he was more honest than anticipated.)

But I think Prior was pleased to show that casting out evil spirits as in that story did not kill people like Emma or Newel Knight. His point was just calling people dark was not a kiss of death. It's a weak argument, though. Just because Emma and Newel continued on, it doesn't change that the murders for which Chad is charged did occur. And the belief system, that they were zombies or whatever, and castings were needed, isn't the illegal part. It was the actions taken to supplement the castings that caused death that were illegal.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member