TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Chad didn't want the failed shooting at Tammy to be reported to police.
Garth described Tammy as "panicked" after the attack, and said it filled him with rage.

Yet none of the 3, Tammy, Garth or Chad called 911. I think we know why Chad didn't call. Chad probably immediately tried to downplay it and call it a paintball gun. He wouldn't have had to fake being unafraid being he knew what was going on. He probably refused to allow 911 calls or chasing after the shooter.

Tammy thought, instead of 911, she'd at least warn her neighbors. So she did on FB, and then Joe dialed 911 ahead of Chad managing to stop him from doing so. Then, there was no reason to try to prevent Tammy any more.

Joe Murray accused LE of misrepresenting his discussions with them, but it seems more likely he changed the narrative to suit his FIL.

But that Joe Murray called LE at all is probably a partial explanation for the shade thrown his way on the day Chad was arrested. Chad had to know the attempted shooting was one element that caused Tammy's murder go go under investigation.

MOO

They are of a type. The kind of LDS fringe folks who can get excommunicated at some point for beliefs and behaviours that aren't in line with the mainstream church, but who also dislike and disrespect government meddling with their sovereignty. Under the Banner of Heaven covers this kind of thinking a lot. Most of these types never commit violent crimes. The ones that do definitely make the papers. Vallow and Daybell. The Laffertys. Gilmore.

MOO

And to me, a very very interesting fringe element. I believe there are many of these groups....many have been attached to Daybell, especially early on in their preaching.

I know I have to be careful, not to implicate or center on religion.
But LDS is really a huge business too.
And their doctrines DO have a direct influence on some of these fringe groups.
But it is not direct, nor planned.

There are many of us on WS who are LDS, ex-LDS, or attached to LDS , in ways, (me), and are uncomfortably touched by these conversations. I am trying so hard to minimize this... Just trying to see things in a different way.

However, there are just so many cases, especially recently, that include people who do having varying degrees to this business/religion and I do not think it can be ignored. It can be dismissed, I guess, but not ignored.
Daybells
Khouri Richens
Jody Hildebrandt
Rube Franke
Dentist in Colorado
Jared Bridegan
Jodi Arias

Sometimes, I wish we could discuss the connections as more the business elements of LDS, than the religious (i.e. power and money) we could learn a lot more.

Accolades for Under the Banner of Heaven are high and strong. Dissed by LDS, of course. But outstanding journalism. thanks for the nidge. I am thinking about reading it again..20 years later !!

He's saying that you can turn off location on your phone settings, but if you have apps through Google that still have Google's own location settings turned on, there is still data to be had.

But then, after Prior talking about how complicated it would be to turn all those settings off to conceal location, the witness said that turning off the phone completely would do the job. So it's a nothing burger of an argument, that turning off everything tracking his phone would be too complicated for Chad.

Chad just turned off his phone, in all likelihood.

We would know more if they had Chad's actual phone, but as far as I know, they didn't find it.

MOO
Thank you iamshadow21. do you happen to know if CD used an iPhone or android - for his main phone - I am aware he had multiple burner phones.

In the end, Chad Daybell is not LDS, as evidenced by the LDS church severing his relationship with the LDS church, from the excommunication papers he received. This is evidence that his cult beliefs have nothing to do with the LDS Church.

Chad Daybell will be judged by a jury of his peers, did his actions, behaviors, demonstrate conspiracy in the deaths of Tylee and JJ, and did he kill his wife Tammy, with premeditation? I believe that the State of Idaho has met the threshold for a finding of guilty on all counts charged.

And, INMO, he merits the death penalty.

I know we always disagree on this Mickey. Chad Daybell IS LDS, and so is every single character in this whole saga.

Their origins are alllll LDS. LDS is absolutely NOT on trial here. These people, bound by power, money, and false additional doctrine made their own beds.

But LDS is still part of the origins of the story.

Just like we analyze a bizarre criminal's childhood and influences....... so be it for all within the Daybell case.
It is unfeasible to exclude the "business/ teaching practices" of LDS,

Thank you iamshadow21. do you happen to know if CD used an iPhone or android - for his main phone - I am aware he had multiple burner phones.
I honestly don't know and I wouldn't know where to find that information, if it exists.

If I'm understanding this correctly, this witness is trying to say that CD was not on his own property on the morning that Tylee was buried even though CD himself texted Tammy at 11:53 AM that he was, indeed out there shooting and burying raccoons and burning limbs that morning.

"Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!"
and a couple of minutes later texted Tammy he was going to shower and go to BYU to write. then back home now text at 1:49pm. (wake me up when cross happens :) )

In the end, Chad Daybell is not LDS, as evidenced by the LDS church severing his relationship with the LDS church, from the excommunication papers he received. This is evidence that his cult beliefs have nothing to do with the LDS Church.

Chad Daybell will be judged by a jury of his peers, did his actions, behaviors, demonstrate conspiracy in the deaths of Tylee and JJ, and did he kill his wife Tammy, with premeditation? I believe that the State of Idaho has met the threshold for a finding of guilty on all counts charged.

And, INMO, he merits the death penalty.
I know we always disagree on this Mickey. Chad Daybell IS LDS, and so is every single character in this whole saga.

Their origins are alllll LDS. LDS is absolutely NOT on trial here. These people, bound by power, money, and false additional doctrine made their own beds.

But LDS is still part of the origins of the story.

Just like we analyze a bizarre criminal's childhood and influences....... so be it for all within the Daybell case.
It is unfeasible to exclude the "business/ teaching practices" of LDS,

ps. but I do love to chatter about it with ya!!

Why go to BYU-I to write? Why not use the home computer?
This is possibly the one thing that doesn't seem weird to me. It's very common for people who write to do so in other locations. Libraries. Cafes. That kind of thing. It's about what the person needs in terms of environment to be able to be creative and focused.

That said, I think it would have been a very good cover for him doing other things. It's not like he had an actual job he had to clock on for, where his absence would have been noted.

MOO

I'm sorry but I fail to see why Travis Alexander's LDS beliefs had any bearing on why his psycho gf killed him.

Travis 'had her convert' and baptised her in lds.
who does that??

Don't we always madly try to understand the childhoods and histories of those killed, as well as those who do the killing in the "relationship".
Travis' ypbringing and history does have relevance to the whole picture.

I don’t know anything about Emma. But when I heard her wind direction testimony, I could ONLY jump to the conclusion she was complicit, and I jumped to it instantly. So was she or wasn't she? I can’t get it out of my head. IMO this changed the implications of ALL her testimony.

Ha.
At first I read your first sentence as...."I don't THINK anything about Emma".

That IS where I am right now, and sticking with it.

Society saves the Death Penalty for the worst, most atrocious crimes. Usually crimes that are heinous.

A marriage is a bond, legally and emotionally. In CD's case, spiritual, as he married Tammy in an LDS temple. Tammy trusted CD, I doubt that she ever expected that she would be in mortal danger, from CD, in her own bed.

CD had many choices available to him, divorce Tammy, abandon her, whatever, he chose the option that would give him the most money, death, in order to collect on her life insurance policies, he murdered his wife, Tammy. For this, he deserves the death penalty.

He also deserves the death penalty for his involvement with the deaths of JJ and Tylee.
Seriously.
Is there any way to understand how the LDS spiritual evolvement through all eternity, is influenced by something like a death penalty?
What might Tammy's relatives be thinking about Tammy's eternal salvation.
AND what might Chad's children be thinking about Chad's eternal salvation.

In all due respect, the most prominent family members on the Prosecution side, the Woodcocks, Annie Cushing are not LDS, so no wasted thinking on their part. And clearly Lori's uncle is probably only thinking the worst for Lori

Last edited:
This is possibly the one thing that doesn't seem weird to me. It's very common for people who write to do so in other locations. Libraries. Cafes. That kind of thing. It's about what the person needs in terms of environment to be able to be creative and focused.

That said, I think it would have been a very good cover for him doing other things. It's not like he had an actual job he had to clock on for, where his absence would have been noted.

MOO
ah.
So true on #1.
So clear on #2.

I'm sorry but I fail to see why Travis Alexander's LDS beliefs had any bearing on why his psycho gf killed him.

I also fail to see why that had anything to do with what Josh Powell, a psycho, did.
Just wanna say Jodi Arias who murdered Travis Alexander was not raised LDS. She got baptized so she could use that to get close to Travis. She was NOT a Christian. Besides, if you are a Christian you don’t even have to belong to any denomination or group. You belong to Jesus Christ period.

IMO, Josh Powell was raised by a man who was also psycho and believed a woman must be controlled and subservient. Don’t know if that came from their religious teachings or not.

Crazies are in every church. So are God fearing, real Christians in every church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnthatsux