TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we always disagree on this Mickey. Chad Daybell IS LDS, and so is every single character in this whole saga.

Their origins are alllll LDS. LDS is absolutely NOT on trial here. These people, bound by power, money, and false additional doctrine made their own beds.

But LDS is still part of the origins of the story.

Just like we analyze a bizarre criminal's childhood and influences....... so be it for all within the Daybell case.
It is unfeasible to exclude the "business/ teaching practices" of LDS,
And I always think you are both right.

LDS has everything and nothing to do with this case. First and foremost, the victims are LDS.

As Leah Scottile wrote, to paraphrase, if you think this is a true crime story, you are missing the point. It is about extremism and LDS radicals and white horses and thin threads from which constitutions are rumored to hang.

And yet it is a true crime story about Tylee, JJ and Tammy. Who were killed by murderers caught up in an extremism that produces very few murderers and does not feel like the theology Jane Doe or Richard Roe learn about in ordinary Mormon Sunday school. But take away the theology and continue the smothering and shooting, they are just as dead. Nobody got casted to death.

But the extremism is a social concern. Therefore, the reluctance of the LDS church- or business fairly enough- to publicly condemn dangerous pepper movements and explicitly contrast them with LDS prudence with resources is a problem. The LDS church should also contextualize rugged pioneer life as a cultural experience that taught Mormons their independent resource-saving habits, and deemphasize the second coming, which the church teaches ordinary people can't time out. The LDS should condemn ordinary people claiming special gifts. Because those are things the church can do to prevent extremism that harms their own worshipers.

Charles, Tylee and Tammy were devout, dedicated members of the LDS church. JJ was still too young to baptize! As Prior likes to point out, most of the people victimized by grifts associated with PAP and AVOW are LDS. How many LDS people retire to poverty because they spent too much on rodent proof food storage and not enough on their 401k's?

But boiled down to the criminal elements, this is just a greedy murder story. LDS has nothing to do with it.

MOO

Well, I thought he was a really good witness. Came across as an ethical scientist without sending people to sleep or seeming like a gun for hire.

I don't think his testimony will help Chad, though. Just because Chad's hair wasn't in the lot that was tested doesn't mean there was no evidence.

The texts.

The affair.

The money.

The lies about Tammy being ill.

The kids buried in his backyard.

Compared to the mountain of everything else, a hair not testing as his is nothing.

MOO

EDIT: And like I said earlier, if JJ came to the property already bundled, Chad's DNA, if any, would only be on the outside, the side contacting the soil, not inside the wrappings or tape.

Last edited:
So what just happened? Defense didn’t rest. Judge Boyce didn’t say there would be court tomorrow. Wonder if Chad wants to plea? Wonder if he will tell jury to come back tomorrow for closing arguments? What about the deliberation? Monday is a holiday. I don’t understand why the judge didn’t say more. After the side br, prior sat at the table and turned far away from Chad. Telling.

So what just happened? Defense didn’t rest. Judge Boyce didn’t say there would be court tomorrow. Wonder if Chad wants to plea? Wonder if he will tell jury to come back tomorrow for closing arguments? What about the deliberation? Monday is a holiday. I don’t understand why the judge didn’t say more. After the side br, prior sat at the table and turned far away from Chad. Telling.
The judge talked a lot about scheduling.

I imagine they're discussing when court can sit next, taking the jurors and both sides into consideration.

I have no idea if they have any more witnesses, and if the judge is going to be asking if Chad is going to testify during this closed meeting.

I had to step away and missed the last witness. Was there anything in his testimony to help CD?

Also, I am puzzled about the way court was dismissed - from the public - today. It might have made sense to me if JP had rested his case and even more sense if JP had rested and the state said it had rebuttal witnesses to call but couldn’t get them here until tomorrow. Then it would make sense to use the afternoon to discuss the scheduling stuff the judge mentioned. But the judge called for the sidebar right after they were done with the witness - didn’t give JP a chance to say whether he had additional witnesses or was resting his case. And when they returned he said they were dismissing the public and would keep the jury and discuss scheduling. I’m so confused….

And now they are back on the live stream!!!

The defense seems to flip flop between:
  • it was Melanie Gibb (and David Warwick)
  • it was all Alex Cox
  • it was Alex Cox and Lori
  • it was Lori and Melanie Gibb
  • it was Lori the Temptress Jezebel
  • and any or all of the above wanted to frame Uncle Chad, Prophet of God, including law enforcement
The defense does not have just one person on which they are deflecting the blame. To me, this could indicate that outside of court, Chad has not "dropped" Lori and the two are still "together" to some degree. He's clearly not as gung-ho about her as she is him anymore (i.e. crying because the defense called his books dumb) but I think if he had all but legally divorced her, the defense would've been much different. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnthatsux