TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun 8 Sep 2019 to Mon 9 Sep 2019: Tylee's death
Photos & phone pings show LVD, AC, Tylee & JJ at Yellowstone.
6:40 PM - AC leaves Yellowstone (according to GPS tracking on his phone)
6:45 - 7:02 PM - AC is at Buckaroo's BBQ Grill in West Yellowstone
8:37 - 9:35 PM - AC is at LVD's apartment in Rexburg
9:43 - 9:53 PM - AC is at a Maverick gas station in Rexburg
10:44 - 11:15 PM - AC is at LVD's apartment
11:44 PM - AC is at his own apartment
12:00 - 12:44 AM - AC is at his own apartment
2:42 - 3:37 AM - AC is at LVD's apartment
4:37 - 8:59 AM - AC is at his own apartment
8:11 AM - CD calls AC
9:21 - 10:39 AM - AC is at CD's property

10:47 AM - possible ping of AC's phone in St. Anthony (5 miles away)
10:57 - 11:39 AM - AC is at CD's property
11:52 - 12:02 AM - AC is at Del Taco in Rexburg
11:53 AM - CD sends "raccoon text" to Tammy

Sun 22 Sep 2019 to Mon 23 Sep 2019: JJ's death
A photo date stamped for the 22th shows JJ on the couch in his red pajamas. Melanie Gibb & David Warwick are at LVD's doing a podcast. AC takes JJ while they record and returns later carrying JJ, who is asleep in his arms.
2:00 - 4:00 AM? - David Warwick has a nightmare. He and Melanie try to call & text CD. When he doesn't respond, they find LVD's door locked and text her.
3:59 AM - CD texts LVD
8:00 - 9:00 AM - David Warwick wakes up and asks where JJ is. LVD says AC has him.
9:25 AM - CD makes a 38-second call to AC
9:55 - 10:12 AM - AC is at CD's property

Wed 9 Oct 2019: "The Paintball Incident"
1:20 PM - CD burner phone is at LVD's apartment
4:50 - 5:01 PM - AC on CD's property
5:00 PM - 12:00 AM - LVD & CD send multiple texts to one another
7:00 - 9:00 PM - AC & CD send multiple texts to one another
9:15 PM - a masked man attempts to shoot Tammy
9:16 PM - AC texts LVD
9:45 PM - Tammy's son-in-law calls 911 about the incident
That evening, Zulema claims that LVD was irate about some "idiot" who couldn't do anything right

Fri 18 Oct to Sat 19 Oct 2019: Tammy's death
~7:00 PM - Garth leaves for work
~10:00 PM - According to CD, Tammy goes to bed around this time
10:07 PM - Alex's device arrives at Salem church, a mile or so(?) south of the Daybell property
10:22 PM - Tammy is on her phone playing games
10:45 PM - Alex's device (still at Salem church) stops transmitting its location (goes dark)
11:28 PM - One photo on Tammy's phone is deleted
11:34 PM - CD texts LVD twice
11:46 PM - Alex's device (still at Salem church) starts transmitting its location again and leaves the church parking lot

~12:00 - 1:00 AM - According to CD, Tammy is up coughing and vomiting at this time
~1:00 AM - Garth arrives home from work, hears his father snoring
~6:00 AM - Garth hears a thump and finds his mother dead

(Let me know if I've missed anything or have any inaccuracies. It's been hard trying to keep track of all the sources for everything, but I'm fairly certain all of these events were mentioned at some time or another during the trial)
thank you for the recap. of interest to me and of course to many, is the following recap of live testimony from East Idaho News, NateE: (thanks Nate) Investigator Wright testimony about the phones, this passage concerning AC's location in relation to CD's residence the nite Tammy was murdered. interesting, AC didnt go back to his residence, but goes to a hotel in Idaho Falls. why?

"Oct. 16, the device associated with Alex Cox left Lori’s apartment and went to the Comfort Inn in Hurricane, Utah. It stopped there for the night and the next day (Oct. 17) went to the Las Vegas airport. The next day, on Oct. 18, the device went back to Rexburg. Lori Vallow had taken a flight from LasVegas to Hawaii on Oct. 17."

"We now see a map and chart explaining Alex’s device on Oct. 18. It was at Chick-fil-A in Ammon from 7:58 to 9:32 p.m. A data point is then collected near the Salem LDS Church near Chad’s house from 10:07 – 10:45 p.m. There becomes a period of time (from 10:45 – 11:53 p.m.) without any data and the next data point is near US Highway at 11:53 p.m. The device does not go back to Alex’s apartment – rather, it goes to the Hilton Garden in Idaho Falls."

I watched it live and am convinced the judge said he would allow it...Nate made me doubt my hearing...but my brain has been mostly asleep all day due to the boring testimony.
Yes, I watched it too. It will be allowed but the judge said he won't allow the state to go into anything beyond the statement that the co-worker heard.

Just one comment from Joe Murray's brother recap: this is hilarious since the Woodcocks got the life insurance money. More of Lori's BS no doubt.

• They were initially told the kids were being hid over a custody dispute between the Woodcocks who "just wanted money"

Dawson Murray Interview Recap Part II (highlights from me):
  • At the time, just accepted the sudden death COD of Tammy
  • Thought it was weird Chad remarried so quickly
  • They were initially told the kids were being hid over a custody dispute between the Woodcocks who "just wanted money"
  • Dawson started to doubt this when Lori refused to present the kids at court
  • His family and siblings voiced their suspicions one by one over time, not sure who the first to doubt was
  • Joe and Emma believe they are being persecuted by law enforcement and the public (people come up to them in public), and Dawson believes they live in fear
  • He has only recently started talking to Joe after going silent for a while; they don't talk about the case, and Joe is very aware of Dawson's feelings
  • They were not raised to disrespect or hate law enforcement, believes Joe's comments are because they believe they are being targeted
  • He heard from another sibling that Joe and Emma believe Lori and Alex are responsible, Chad was sucked in, and Alex buried the kids when Chad wasn't home
  • Dawson doesn't think Emma is still in contact with Lori but he doesn't know for sure
  • Thinks they are still at the house for financial reasons
  • He thinks the story changing from "Dad was having an emotional affair" to "a physical affair" is a sign they are starting to accept some of reality albeit slowly
  • He does not believe that Joe shares his DIL's beliefs, and his support of Chad is more him supporting Emma
  • Believes Emma is partially just desperate not to lose the other parent (sunk cost fallacy)
  • Dawson was in Montana during Lori's trial but watched it; he has returned to Boise
  • He supports his brother but wishes they will be able to process the truth soon and heal properly
  • He believes that Chad was definitely trying to form some kind of cult, has never heard Joe or Emma reference them sharing the belief in zombies
  • Believes Chad hasn't believed in the mainstream LDS church in a long time
  • He believes Chad is guilty and the jury will sentence him to death
Yeah, the sad thing about Emma is her father was lost to her the moment he set his feet deliberately on a path to commit murder. And that was many months before anyone died.

And the cruelty of his actions roping her and her siblings in to cover for him cannot be understated. Especially around their mother's murder. They were just pawns to him. Good little soldiers, loyal and disposable. It was a deep and unfathomable betrayal.

I hope they are able to wake up one day. It will be painful, but better than living a lie dictated by a monster.

MOO

The Murrays also grew up in Eastern Idaho. He said that he had never heard of Julie Rowe or any of the beliefs like she and Chad brought up prior to this case, and doesn't remember anyone he knew in the church talking about it growing up either.

The children were not murdered in Chad's house. I beleive the consensus is that they were murdered in one of Lori's homes/apartments and their bodies transported to Chad's backyard. I dount very much if their bodies were ever in Chad's house for even one second. IMO.
Ok, how about where 2 murdered children were buried. Does that change things?

Here is the link to Hidden True Crime's sit down interview with Dawson Murray (Joseph Murray's brother).
He seems like a fine young man who cares for his family and for all of the victims' families.

My biggest take away was that he said his brother and Emma are living in fear. I think that is true on many many levels. I am glad that he is there loving them unconditionally (while disagreeing) and waiting for them to come out of this and wanting healing for them.

IMO First thing I noticed about Emma’s testimony…

Emma and her husband are in a position to be extorted for testimony by Prior. Prior is her landlord. As Emma testified, the owner of her house would determine what’s to happen going forward about whether they stay there, etc. This makes the couple vulnerable to retaliation if they don’t say the “right” things about Chad on the stand.

There wouldn’t have to be a stated quid pro quo, just the perception of one on the couple’s part. And, from an outsider’s perspective, it makes everything they say potentially a distortion. It doesn’t even have to be a lie: just a twist or omission in support of Dad.

There’s a HUGE dollar value riding on this testimony, entirely separate from the thousands Chad shoved in their accounts.

In fact, now that I think about it, another curiosity…If Chad dumped the money into their accounts, because of the timing of his detention, he had to have done it before they found the bodies (or before he knew they found the bodies). This would prove acknowledgement of guilt:it’s admission he knew LE would find something, and he would be responsible.
Great observations!

When Mr. Arnold made the quip about John Prior owning the Daybell house/property Mr. Prior was livid and immediately called for a side bar. The judge instructed the jury to disregard the witness' statement. That should have been the end of it - and in fact we never heard testimony again about it... that is until the Defense' case in chief.

Apparently it's been bothering Mr. Prior knowing that the jury heard that factual detail and so he brought it up again on the first day of his defense, when he called the very first witness, Emma, to testify. Some of the very first questions he asked her was about whether or not Prior has told her what to say, followed by who owned the house, and whether she was aware of any financial agreements between him and her father. In trying to clear the record about any perceived conflicts of interest he in all likelihood drew more attention to it, which may hurt his case.

And same goes for your second point about Chad gifting his family money just before he would be arrested. Prosecution pointed this out when questioning Mr. Murray, and only in regards to gifts to him and Emma. Mr Prior didn't seem to like that and in redirect pointed out that Chad's gifts weren't exclusively to Joseph and Emma, but to all of his children. Mr. Prior inadvertently brought more attention to this very real issue, because now the jury knows that Chad divested his ill-gotten finances to all of his children just moments before he was to be arrested. This absolutely does show a consciousness of guilt by Chad, both in that he was trying to secure his blood money (Tammy's life insurance money, evidence he knew her death was murder, and therefore insurance fraud), and also knowing what the police would find buried on his property. And John Prior unwittingly helped drive that point home for the jury.

JMO.

Great observations!

When Mr. Arnold made the quip about John Prior owning the Daybell house/property Mr. Prior was livid and immediately called for a side bar. The judge instructed the jury to disregard the witness' statement. That should have been the end of it - and in fact we never heard testimony again about it... that is until the Defense' case in chief.

Apparently it's been bothering Mr. Prior knowing that the jury heard that factual detail and so he brought it up again on the first day of his defense, when he called the very first witness, Emma, to testify. Some of the very first questions he asked her was about whether or not Prior has told her what to say, followed by who owned the house, and whether she was aware of any financial agreements between him and her father. In trying to clear the record about any perceived conflicts of interest he in all likelihood drew more attention to it, which may hurt his case.

And same goes for your second point about Chad gifting his family money just before he would be arrested. Prosecution pointed this out when questioning Mr. Murray, and only in regards to gifts to him and Emma. Mr Prior didn't seem to like that and in redirect pointed out that Chad's gifts weren't exclusively to Joseph and Emma, but to all of his children. Mr. Prior inadvertently brought more attention to this very real issue, because now the jury knows that Chad divested his ill-gotten finances to all of his children just moments before he was to be arrested. This absolutely does show a consciousness of guilt by Chad, both in that he was trying to secure his blood money (Tammy's life insurance money, evidence he knew her death was murder, and therefore insurance fraud), and also knowing what the police would find buried on his property. And John Prior unwittingly helped drive that point home for the jury.

JMO.
Just one minor change...Chad only gifted the oldest 3 children the $8000, the youngest got nothing.

The Murrays also grew up in Eastern Idaho. He said that he had never heard of Julie Rowe or any of the beliefs like she and Chad brought up prior to this case, and doesn't remember anyone he knew in the church talking about it growing up either.
Yeah, they are very much outliers.

That said, in my own time in the church, I knew people who did herbalism and mistrusted western medicine. There have been scams in the church surrounding vitamins, MMS, investments, and pyramid schemes. Some mainstream LDS are massively into food stores. My own mother, who I live with, has dozens of large storage tins in the garage filled with wheat and rice. Some members have interest in fringe beliefs associated with the roots of the religion, others with more modern developments outside official doctrine. There are crossovers into new age beliefs and esoterica. This is something that is both new and old, that has always been part of the church in some form or another. The church believes in personal revelation, that laying on of hands can heal. It isn't a far step to psychic visions, communing with angels, and energy healing.

Chad and Lori and others they associated with came up with something rooted in LDS belief but in most ways vastly different from it, and in some ways in complete opposition to it. It evolved into something dark and dangerous, but began as many of these things do - people looking for something more, and seeking out other seekers, on social media, at conventions, in living rooms, and exploring the possibilities of faith and belief.

For some, the faith they have is enough, they don't feel the urge to look for more. For others, they cannot escape the need for it. The quest can be thrilling, but can disguise a trap. Where some seek, there will always be sharks that swim to catch them. That's how cults begin. It's so seductive to find someone or a group who says they have the answers.

MOO

Good grief no wonder AC died. Every single day, he is eating fast food. Chick-fil-A, Del Taco, McDonald's. Looking at his Google geo location, it is like a tour of fast food in Eastern Idaho.

I am concerned that we have not seen enough financial information about how many life insurance policies CD had on Tammy, the dates, and the timeline. And what their exact financial situation had been in the last year before she died.

• His family and siblings voiced their suspicions one by one over time, not sure who the first to doubt was
  • Joe and Emma believe they are being persecuted by law enforcement and the public (people come up to them in public), and Dawson believes they live in fear
  • He has only recently started talking to Joe after going silent for a while; they don't talk about the case, and Joe is very aware of Dawson's feelings
  • They were not raised to disrespect or hate law enforcement, believes Joe's comments are because they believe they are being targeted
  • He heard from another sibling that Joe and Emma believe Lori and Alex are responsible, Chad was sucked in, and Alex buried the kids when Chad wasn't home
  • Dawson doesn't think Emma is still in contact with Lori but he doesn't know for sure
  • He thinks the story changing from "Dad was having an emotional affair" to "a physical affair" is a sign they are starting to accept some of reality albeit slowly
  • He does not believe that Joe shares his DIL's beliefs, and his support of Chad is more him supporting Emma
  • Believes Emma is partially just desperate not to lose the other parent (sunk cost fallacy)
  • Dawson was in Montana during Lori's trial but watched it; he has returned to Boise
  • He supports his brother but wishes they will be able to process the truth soon and heal properly
  • He believes that Chad was definitely trying to form some kind of cult, has never heard Joe or Emma reference them sharing the belief in zombies
That's exactly what I've thought from the time I saw the 48 HRS or whatever show it was. They're all traumatized. As weird a personality as Chad is to us, he is their dad and the idea that he would kill their mother is just too much. We saw this same deep denial with Cindy Anthony, who also lied to protect the defendant and her own psyche. Emma didn't dislike her mother. She simply can't allow her dad to be convicted and face losing him, too. Her embracing of Lori is almost like Stockholm syndrome. I can't imagine having to deal with something like this and those kids are all victims, weird as they are. They need serious help and should talk to someone like Summer.

Good grief no wonder AC died. Every single day, he is eating fast food. Chick-fil-A, Del Taco, McDonald's. Looking at his Google geo location, it is like a tour of fast food in Eastern Idaho.

I am concerned that we have not seen enough financial information about how many life insurance policies CD had on Tammy, the dates, and the timeline. And what their exact financial situation had been in the last year before she died.
I believe it was strongly about genetics, if what something someone from the Cox family said. Janis? I can't recall. It runs in their family.

Serena Williams almost died from the same thing, and she is one of the most elite athletes of all time.

MOO

Yeah, they are very much outliers.

That said, in my own time in the church, I knew people who did herbalism and mistrusted western medicine. There have been scams in the church surrounding vitamins, MMS, investments, and pyramid schemes. Some mainstream LDS are massively into food stores. My own mother, who I live with, has dozens of large storage tins in the garage filled with wheat and rice. Some members have interest in fringe beliefs associated with the roots of the religion, others with more modern developments outside official doctrine. There are crossovers into new age beliefs and esoterica. This is something that is both new and old, that has always been part of the church in some form or another. The church believes in personal revelation, that laying on of hands can heal. It isn't a far step to psychic visions, communing with angels, and energy healing.

Chad and Lori and others they associated with came up with something rooted in LDS belief but in most ways vastly different from it, and in some ways in complete opposition to it. It evolved into something dark and dangerous, but began as many of these things do - people looking for something more, and seeking out other seekers, on social media, at conventions, in living rooms, and exploring the possibilities of faith and belief.

For some, the faith they have is enough, they don't feel the urge to look for more. For others, they cannot escape the need for it. The quest can be thrilling, but can disguise a trap. Where some seek, there will always be sharks that swim to catch them. That's how cults begin. It's so seductive to find someone or a group who says they have the answers.

MOO
Mormons are famous for being into healthy living and prepping, which a lot of people, who are not Mormons, admire and respect, myself included. It's the religion (not the culture) that, I think, primes people to be vulnerable to cult thinking because Mormons have secret rituals, special underwear, and things that aren't revealed to the general congregation but reserved for certain events, like getting married and I don't know what else. It's a lot like Freemasonry in that respect.

Mormons are famous for being into healthy living and prepping, which a lot of people, who are not Mormons, admire and respect, myself included. It's the religion (not the culture) that, I think, primes people to be vulnerable to cult thinking because Mormons have secret rituals, special underwear, and things that aren't revealed to the general congregation but reserved for certain events, like getting married and I don't know what else. It's a lot like Freemasonry in that respect.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

As someone who grew up LDS, I think the culture of inherent trust without question between members is a major contributor to a lot of problems, and that is a broader social problem that has little to nothing to do with temple ordinances or garments. It makes members vulnerable to those within the church who look to exploit that trust. Whether it's to do with money, child sexual abuse, or cultish ideas, it all comes down to accepting people too easily at face value because they attend the same church as you do, so they must be a good person.

But I am only one person, speaking from my own experiences, so MOO.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

As someone who grew up LDS, I think the culture of inherent trust without question between members is a major contributor to a lot of problems, and that is a broader social problem that has little to nothing to do with temple ordinances or garments. It makes members vulnerable to those within the church who look to exploit that trust. Whether it's to do with money, child sexual abuse, or cultish ideas, it all comes down to accepting people too easily at face value because they attend the same church as you do, so they must be a good person.

But I am only one person, speaking from my own experiences, so MOO.
I'm not a Mormon and you would know more than I would. I get what you're saying about the culture of trust but see it as within the religion. What I meant about their culture is what a non Mormon, moving to Utah, would likely find appealing. Polite, good work ethic, family oriented, clean living, practical (prepping, canning and all that old school stuff), neat, tidy and safe communities. IOW, like going back to the 1960s and the opposite of what you find in most of today's society.

What is “sunk cost fallacy”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads