TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on what the scene was like when he returned from work, Garth may not have needed to hear asphyxiation/homocide.

MOO
Would pink foam on the mouth have been present immediately after death? IIRC, it was testified by the coroner (I think, or her deputy) that after the foam was wiped, it kept coming up.

Wasn’t another Daybell child expected to be called to testify by the defense?

The jury must be thinking, if these are the best 2/5 witness-children for the defense, I hate to see the bottom 3!

It's easy to see why lie when your fathers life if on the line. There is no reason for co-workers to lie.

MOO

I’m sure GD’s co-worker is sure that GD said he found TD when he got home and he couldn’t find CD. I think that we had a hint of this when GD was being cross examined - but I thought the state was asking if he had told his sister and his then GF now wife that and that his response was they misunderstood and he had seen his mother laying down on the couch on another day. That didn’t make sense to me at the time because why would that be something to tell your sister and girlfriend about when your mother died?

But gosh if GD really did find TD dead - whether on the couch or in bed - alone when he got home from work and he couldn’t find CD and didn’t call 911 until almost 5 hours later… wow…just the thought of it happening that way & GD telling an entirely different story to LE that morning makes my head spin.

It doesn’t change anything about my opinion of CD’s guilt but it would certainly change everything about the way I have looked at GD. My mind simply can’t go there.

I guess I prefer to think that GD was misunderstood by his co-worker and anyone else that took whatever he actually said the same way the co-worker did. Not saying I’m sure about that - just saying that I want to think of it that way.

Also note that after seeing Nate’s interview with the co-worker I’m a little concerned that he didn’t actually remember it at all but that his parents reminded him what he’d told them at the time when things started coming out and then he went to LE with it. But that means it’s like quadruple hearsay or something - co-worker said that his parents said that he said that GD said… I bet Prior wishes Nate had done that interview before his cross!

I am 100% in agreement with this assessment.

We saw this with the Paintball Incident on 9 Oct 2019 as well: Tammy is attacked at 9:15 PM by a masked man with a weapon. A Google search is made on CD's computer for paintball gun pictures (gaslighting Tammy to keep her quiet about it?), and no one calls the police until a half hour later when Joseph Murray sees Tammy's Facebook post and decides to call in.
But Joe told LE that he heard Tammy scream (he was outside chopping wood), which he denied in court.

I am 100% in agreement with this assessment.

We saw this with the Paintball Incident on 9 Oct 2019 as well: Tammy is attacked at 9:15 PM by a masked man with a weapon. A Google search is made on CD's computer for paintball gun pictures (gaslighting Tammy to keep her quiet about it?), and no one calls the police until a half hour later when Joseph Murray sees Tammy's Facebook post and decides to call in.

And Garth described his mother as panicked and himself as enraged. Yet....no 911 call until a serious delay. And the call is after Joe called without prior authorization.

MOO

I feel really bad for Garth today. (Subject to change without notice.) IMO, he knew his mother was murdered by his father right away. I can't imagine what it was like to live in the same house as Chad with that knowledge. I'd never sleep. He lived with a murderer and knew it.

MOO
SBM

Whatever the truth is about how and when he found Tammy, I don't think it would be normal to jump to the conclusion that it was murder.

The jury must be thinking, if these are the best 2/5 witness-children for the defense, I hate to see the bottom 3!

It's easy to see why lie when your fathers life if on the line. There is no reason for co-workers to lie.

MOO
I'd respect my parent more if they confessed and repented than trying to get away with heinous crimes. Chad's children could have been next if they dared disobeying him.

Would pink foam on the mouth have been present immediately after death? IIRC, it was testified by the coroner (I think, or her deputy) that after the foam was wiped, it kept coming up.
My only experience is SIDS. I know of a baby who was dead for a decent amount of time and in partial rigor mortis and foam started coming out of her mouth when EMTs were carrying her from her apartment. It seemed a bit like moving her more than just initial exam, that took place in bed, occurred. It seemed like picking her up prompted it, but it could be coincidence.

I have no medical expertise. This is just a personal narrative.

MOO

I’m sure GD’s co-worker is sure that GD said he found TD when he got home and he couldn’t find CD. I think that we had a hint of this when GD was being cross examined - but I thought the state was asking if he had told his sister and his then GF now wife that and that his response was they misunderstood and he had seen his mother laying down on the couch on another day. That didn’t make sense to me at the time because why would that be something to tell your sister and girlfriend about when your mother died?

But gosh if GD really did find TD dead - whether on the couch or in bed - alone when he got home from work and he couldn’t find CD and didn’t call 911 until almost 5 hours later… wow…just the thought of it happening that way & GD telling an entirely different story to LE that morning makes my head spin.

It doesn’t change anything about my opinion of CD’s guilt but it would certainly change everything about the way I have looked at GD. My mind simply can’t go there.

I guess I prefer to think that GD was misunderstood by his co-worker and anyone else that took whatever he actually said the same way the co-worker did. Not saying I’m sure about that - just saying that I want to think of it that way.

Also note that after seeing Nate’s interview with the co-worker I’m a little concerned that he didn’t actually remember it at all but that his parents reminded him what he’d told them at the time when things started coming out and then he went to LE with it. But that means it’s like quadruple hearsay or something - co-worker said that his parents said that he said that GD said… I bet Prior wishes Nate had done that interview before his cross!
If the 1AM story is true, we don't know when Chad showed up. 15 minutes later, three hours later, etc. There's a big gaping hole of time between 1AM and the 911 call and no idea what might have been going on. I can't believe he would lie about this!

I just really dislike how the defense questions people. I know it's their job, but it just grates my nerves to hear the condescending tone that is always used, the questions that he tries to make these big "ta da" moments with that go nowhere and his disrespectful tone toward LE, professionals and the friends of Tammy. Come on dude that is NOT going to look well with the jury so why the heck are you doing it?
He’s very old school in his delivery.
“ forgive me…
now correct me if I’m wrong …
I’m not well versed in this but…
thank you for correcting me “

He’s as shifty as a pair of cheap sunglasses
JMO

If the 1AM story is true, we don't know when Chad showed up. 15 minutes later, three hours later, etc. There's a big gaping hole of time between 1AM and the 911 call and no idea what might have been going on. I can't believe he would lie about this!
Do we have a call log for Chad's phone that night? Did he talk to anyone (or text) after Alex left?

Do we have a call log for Chad's phone that night? Did he talk to anyone (or text) after Alex left?
I put together what we know from the important days on THIS POST. Adding in Abegglen's testimony:

Fri 18 Oct to Sat 19 Oct 2019: Tammy's death
~7:00 PM - Garth leaves for work
~10:00 PM - According to CD, Tammy goes to bed around this time
10:07 PM - Alex's device arrives at Salem church, a mile or so(?) south of the Daybell property
10:22 PM - Tammy is on her phone playing games
10:45 PM - Alex's device (still at Salem church) stops transmitting its location (goes dark)
11:28 PM - One photo on Tammy's phone is deleted
11:34 PM - CD texts LVD twice
11:46 PM - Alex's device (still at Salem church) starts transmitting its location again and leaves the church parking lot
~12:00 - 1:00 AM - According to CD, Tammy is up coughing and vomiting at this time
~1:00 AM - Garth arrives home from work, hears his father snoring
~1:00 - 1:30 AM - According to Abegglen's testimony, Garth found Tammy dead and Chad gone when he arrived home
~6:00 AM - Garth hears a thump and finds his mother dead, calls 911

911 CALL
Dispatcher: 911, what's your emergency?
Garth: We're at 212 North 1900 East
D: What's going on?
G: Um, we just found my mom. She's on the ground, frozen---er---She's stiff and... I don't know.
D: Are you in Madison County or Fremont County
[Chad takes over the call from here]

Maybe, possibly JP finds Chad disgusting and has to put these witnesses on so Chad cannot claim ineffective counsel. Secretly though, JP is likely wanting Chad to be found guilty. He likely begged him to plea. But Chads arrogance is stronger than his common sense.
I've been entertaining this idea also. While it certainly seems he's doing everything he can to put on an exceptional defense for Chad - and I do believe he is - there have been a number of things Prior says, or witnesses he's questioned, that almost seem carefully calculated to help the prosecution's case. For example calling Dr. Bartelink as a witness... his testimony today was a powerful second witness for the prosecution... and what did Prior get out of it exactly? A statement that it can't be determined if the burning happened before or after arriving on Chad's property? Like that matters? Meanwhile Prosecution keeps hitting grand slams off of Prior's pitches. It would have been far better to not have called him as a witness.

And from these past few weeks, months, and even years I've seen John Prior handling this case I know he is a very intelligent man, so he's got to be aware of how people will perceive certain things and testimonies. And how it appears that sometimes he's shooting himself (or perhaps more accurately, Chad) in the foot. The only thing I can attribute these 'lapses in judgment' to is perhaps an indirect attempt to make sure that justice is served... while also doing his part as an attorney to vigorously defend his client.

Just my personal speculation, and I don't mean to question Prior's integrity to his profession or client. I actually can't help but admire his dedication and passion for the work he's done in this case, even if I disagree with some of the methods and things he's done while doing so.

SBM

Whatever the truth is about how and when he found Tammy, I don't think it would be normal to jump to the conclusion that it was murder.
Depends what else he saw. But I feel like he probably assumed murder by his father being that he didn't call 911 to report his mother dead and father missing.

Did he call his father (as if the phone would be on on a murder day?)

MOO

I think I have this right….it’s from my notes so I think from LVD trial…

10:22 TD's phone is active & playing games
10:23 to 10:54 ten texts between AC & CD
11:28pm a jpg is deleted from TD's phone
11:34 2 texts between CD & LVD
11:46 AC's device leaving LDS church parking lot
11:53pm to 12:09am AC calls LVD
12:10 LVD sends ZP a text
12:35am CD texts LVD

less than 6 hours later CD reports TD is deceased

Sometime the next day LVD texts CD to check AC because he’s the only way they could get to both of them - I did not put a time in my notes for this text

IMHO TD was killed between 11:00 to 11:30pm - probably prior to the jpg being deleted from her phone at 11:28

I put together what we know from the important days on THIS POST. Adding in Abegglen's testimony:

Fri 18 Oct to Sat 19 Oct 2019: Tammy's death
~7:00 PM - Garth leaves for work
~10:00 PM - According to CD, Tammy goes to bed around this time
10:07 PM - Alex's device arrives at Salem church, a mile or so(?) south of the Daybell property
10:22 PM - Tammy is on her phone playing games
10:45 PM - Alex's device (still at Salem church) stops transmitting its location (goes dark)
11:28 PM - One photo on Tammy's phone is deleted
11:34 PM - CD texts LVD twice
11:46 PM - Alex's device (still at Salem church) starts transmitting its location again and leaves the church parking lot
~12:00 - 1:00 AM - According to CD, Tammy is up coughing and vomiting at this time
~1:00 AM - Garth arrives home from work, hears his father snoring
~1:00 - 1:30 AM - According to Abegglen's testimony, Garth found Tammy dead and Chad gone when he arrived home
~6:00 AM - Garth hears a thump and finds his mother dead, calls 911

911 CALL
Dispatcher: 911, what's your emergency?
Garth: We're at 212 North 1900 East
D: What's going on?
G: Um, we just found my mom. She's on the ground, frozen---er---She's stiff and... I don't know.
D: Are you in Madison County or Fremont County
[Chad takes over the call from here]
Judging by the timeline above, there's a chance that Tammy wasn't asleep when she was attacked. How did Alex know when to move in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74