TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Alex didn't kill those kids and Lori did? It was Lori, after all, who told Audrey she could chop her in pieces and bury her where nobody would find her but she'd have to get in the right frame of mind or something to that effect. I mean seriously, who could say such a thing if they didn't mean it?

Isn't that just so bizarre how she said he loved those kids so much, which seems to be true because he didn't regret the Joe Ryan assault? How could he be so brainwashed to believe Lori's insanity about zombies and be part of killing these people he loved? It doesn't compute.
In Chad's cult Alex was assigned a special role. He came from being a nobody in the beginning (with no multiple creations) to a holy man with distinguished past lives as a warrior, who would be instrumental in assisting Chad and Lori in herding the 144k and fighting zombies along the way. Chad gave him several blessings that stroke his ego. Alex was convinced that Charles', the children's and Tammy's spirits had left their bodies which were inhabited by demons. They were just zombies now and killing the bodies was helping them to progress onto next lives. Before he died, feeling abandoned by C&L, Alex expressed some doubt, allegedly stating "Either I'm a man of God, or I'm not." Earlier he is also heard on a recording saying something to the effect of "There's no more work to do here in Rexburg." His mission in Rexburg was to kill three zombies. He had been thoroughly brainwashed.

What if Alex didn't kill those kids and Lori did? It was Lori, after all, who told Audrey she could chop her in pieces and bury her where nobody would find her but she'd have to get in the right frame of mind or something to that effect. I mean seriously, who could say such a thing if they didn't mean it?
Oh my gosh, Ii was just re-watching the interview with Alex's comedian friend and listen to what she says starting shortly after 55:29!!!

Anyone have the timeline and the movements of Alex's phone that night? I do recall he was at Lori's late at night.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, Ii was just re-watching the interview with Alex's comedian friend and listen to what she says starting at 55:29!!!

Anyone have the timeline and the movements of Alex's phone that night? I do recall he was at Lori's late at night.
Alex's friend is speculating that Lori killed Tylee in the middle of the night and then called Alex to deal with the situation. IMO Tylee's murder was premeditated (Chad's wind direction search the previous day) and Tylee could have fought Lori off (JJ was also in the home). There must have been two people involved. Tammy's death was probably very similar to Tylee's, but with Chad assisting Alex. Far less evidence would have been left behind at the crime scene than in a stabbing or a shooting. Toxicology didn't show any drugs either.

Alex's friend is speculating that Lori killed Tylee in the middle of the night and then called Alex to deal with the situation. IMO Tylee's murder was premeditated (Chad's wind direction search the previous day) and Tylee could have fought Lori off (JJ was also in the home). There must have been two people involved. Tammy's death was probably very similar to Tylee's, but with Chad assisting Alex. Far less evidence would have been left behind at the crime scene than in a stabbing or a shooting. Toxicology didn't show any drugs either.
I didn't listen to the testimony about Tylee's autopsy and condition of her remains, just read posts here. I know there was stuff about sharp injuries to her bones, right? I don't mean just the garden tools. This makes me think that Lori stabbed her or used a meat cleaver to kill her. When Lori threatened Audrey, she talked about all of the blood and BLEACH that would be involved. She may have mentioned bleach because she used it to clean up after killing Tylee. That stuff she said to Audrey was absolutely chilling and sounded as though she'd done it before.

I also agree with Mary (Alex's friend) about JJ. Alex put JJ in Lori's bed because David was sleeping in JJ's room. It could well have been Lori who killed him, in her room. So much weirdness was going on there in the middle night, remember? David's horrible dream or vision or whatever it was. Melanie claiming Lori's door was locked and she didn't answer and Melanie sending texts. As far as we know, Alex was not there after dropping JJ off. Wasn't there a Lori hair on the duct tape? Perhaps she's the one who taped him up and Alex's fingerprint came from moving him after the fact.

ETA: And that would all make sense with Alex's comment about Chad & Lori making him their fall guy (for the kids).

Last edited:
I didn't listen to the testimony about Tylee's autopsy and condition of her remains, just read posts here. I know there was stuff about sharp injuries to her bones, right? I don't mean just the garden tools. This makes me think that Lori stabbed her or used a meat cleaver to kill her. When Lori threatened Audrey, she talked about all of the blood and BLEACH that would be involved. She may have mentioned bleach because she used it to clean up after killing Tylee. That stuff she said to Audrey was absolutely chilling and sounded as though she'd done it before.

I also agree with Mary (Alex's friend) about JJ. Alex put JJ in Lori's bed because David was sleeping in JJ's room. It could well have been Lori who killed him, in her room. So much weirdness was going on there in the middle night, remember? David's horrible dream or vision or whatever it was. Melanie claiming Lori's door was locked and she didn't answer and Melanie sending texts. As far as we know, Alex was not there after dropping JJ off. Wasn't there a Lori hair on the duct tape? Perhaps she's the one who taped him up and Alex's fingerprint came from moving him after the fact.

ETA: And that would all make sense with Alex's comment about Chad & Lori making him their fall guy (for the kids).
I doubt Lori wanted a bloody scene to clean up in the apartment. There would be blood spatter left behind. Stabbing someone in the groin area also wouldn't have prevented them from screaming. Suffocation is much quieter and less messy.

As far as JJ, IMO he was taken out of Lori's room later that night and killed at Alex's place. Lori's bedroom door was locked because she wasn't there.

JMO - Alex was taken on board specifically to do the dirty work for Lori and Chad. They could tell themselves that they didn't murder anyone, although one of them was always right there to assist, apart from the shooting attempts when Alex went solo (on their orders). Lori was frustrated with him: "The idiot can't do anything right by himself." He always needed help.

Last edited:
And that's the point of fast food. If we're too tired to cook or pressed for time, and we don't have leftovers, we utilize frozen meals or go grab some McDonald's. The implication that Tammy was too tired to cook indicated she was deathly ill is such a hilarious stretch. IMO.
I think that story encapsulates the expectations on Tammy.

She wasn't the perfect, selfless wife and mother whipping up a healthy meal on serving dishes on a set table and otherwise running around looking happy and relaxed, making sure Chad was able to feel pampered after a rough day of thinking superior thoughts.

No, she was tired, demanding, complaining, and she ate an unhealthy meal-while overweight by Chad's whacked assessment.

I don't know if it's true that Garth made a fast food run. But it is true Tammy could not please Chad at home. I am glad Tammy had her work life, where she was appreciated at least 180 days a year.

MOO

Okay, so I was thinking about these conflicting stories about when Garth found his mom. If the friend's version is accurate, which we don't know so I'll speculate, what if Chad's texts with Alex, just prior to the murder, were about Chad leaving a door unlocked, confirming Tammy was in bed, and he left because he didn't want to be there for the murder? He could have given Garth some song dance about why he wasn't home. Nothing was said about when Chad returned, just that he wasn't home. Could have been just after Garth got home for all we know. Of course, none of that explains the delay in calling 911. I would think it would also be unusual for Chad to be out at 1AM but I don't know.

One thing I consider when trying to evaluate which version of a story I believe is the potential motive to lie.

I don't see any motive to lie in Garth, talking to a seasonal-work friend while in some sorrow about his mother's death. This friend was one of his few (in my estimation) relationships that was not in his family, church or day-time, local job. If Garth had a place to be genuine, it was there.

MOO

I doubt Lori wanted a bloody scene to clean up in the apartment. There would be blood spatter left behind. Stabbing someone in the groin area also wouldn't have prevented them from screaming. Suffocation is much quieter and less messy.

As far as JJ, IMO he was taken out of Lori's room later that night and killed at Alex's place. Lori's bedroom door was locked because she wasn't there.

JMO - Alex was taken on board specifically to do the dirty work for Lori and Chad. They could tell themselves that they didn't murder anyone, although one of them was always right there to assist, apart from the shooting attempts when Alex went solo (on their orders). Lori was frustrated with him: "The idiot can't do anything right by himself." He always needed help.

I agree. Except about the bedroom door. It would be custom to have a bedroom door that locks from the outside. For that reason, I always assumed Lori or someone was behind it.

I suspect that Melanie and David might be able to tell more about the timeline in the future. But it seems to me possible that Chad was out in the very early hours that Melanie was trying to reach him because it seems to be a pattern that his phone was often off or in a faraday bag.

I think it is most likely that Tylee, JJ and Tammy were killed similarly with garbage bags as the main weapons, and restrained on beds or mattresses.

MOO

I agree. Except about the bedroom door. It would be custom to have a bedroom door that locks from the outside. For that reason, I always assumed Lori or someone was behind it.

I suspect that Melanie and David might be able to tell more about the timeline in the future. But it seems to me possible that Chad was out in the very early hours that Melanie was trying to reach him because it seems to be a pattern that his phone was often off or in a faraday bag.

I think it is most likely that Tylee, JJ and Tammy were killed similarly with garbage bags as the main weapons, and restrained on beds or mattresses.

MOO
I assumed that the door could have been locked up from the outside (common where I live).

IIRC, Chad was texting Lori at 4am on September 23, which was about the time MG tried to reach both.

I assumed that the door could have been locked up from the outside (common where I live).

IIRC, Chad was texting Lori at 4am on September 23, which was about the time MG tried to reach both.
Hmmm. Except in rental situations where rooms are for rent from the LL, and not by a group of people as roommates, I haven't seen that.

Occasionally I see people with special situations lock bedrooms. Example: I had a friend whose 5th grader, her youngest, and herself took adderall, a popular abusable drug. My 5th grader was my first child, but was her "bonus" child, with several teen and young adult sibs. That mom started locking her bedroom with its attached bathroom because she wanted not to have to monitor her children's' guests. She envisioned the wrong guest using her bathroom because others were busy...etc.

But my experience about the normalcy of locked bedroom doors could be regional. The USA has distinct regional norms. You say it's typical where you live, and from the same story of the door being locked made the opposite assumption. I'll keep this in mind next time I watch the body cam footage from the search warrant on that house.

MOO

Hmmm. Except in rental situations where rooms are for rent from the LL, and not by a group of people as roommates, I haven't seen that.

Occasionally I see people with special situations lock bedrooms. Example: I had a friend whose 5th grader, her youngest, and herself took adderall, a popular abusable drug. My 5th grader was my first child, but was her "bonus" child, with several teen and young adult sibs. That mom started locking her bedroom with its attached bathroom because she wanted not to have to monitor her children's' guests. She envisioned the wrong guest using her bathroom because others were busy...etc.

But my experience about the normalcy of locked bedroom doors could be regional. The USA has distinct regional norms. You say it's typical where you live, and from the same story of the door being locked made the opposite assumption. I'll keep this in mind next time I watch the body cam footage from the search warrant on that house.

MOO
I'm in Europe. So Lori must have been locked in her room when MG knocked on the door? Maybe JJ was at Alex's place. He could have been murdered before 4am. What was Lori's story about JJ climbing the cabinets? When did JJ wake up? (IMO he didn't.) Wouldn't MG have heard the commotion?

And that's the point of fast food. If we're too tired to cook or pressed for time, and we don't have leftovers, we utilize frozen meals or go grab some McDonald's. The implication that Tammy was too tired to cook indicated she was deathly ill is such a hilarious stretch. IMO.
And we know Tammy had frozen meals. She was bringing some home when the “paintball gun” incident occurred. Also, I don’t buy that someone as supposedly health-conscious as Tammy would even touch McDonald’s, let alone have a favorite burger choice from there and stay up waiting for her son to get it for her.

By the way, schlepping boxes of used books all day is an exhausting job that exposes you to a lot of dust, paper mites, and so on that can induce coughing. I used to work as a volunteer at a huge annual fundraising book sale and know whereof I speak.

It is, considering the context. Other than that, she looks great as a blonde and she's very pretty.

I was thinking about how she believes Lori and Alex framed Chad but how she also was communicating with Lori in the clink. I'd love to hear those calls. Didn't she inform Chad of their communication while he was sitting in the cop car? That would indicate he wasn't aware they were talking. You think she was hoping to get something out of Lori that would clear her dad?
Their car convo about continuing to replenish Lori’s communications account sounded to me like it was already routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member