TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Larry’s interview the other day, he mentioned they still have 2 more trials to go after this one. I know Lori’s in AZ for Charles murder, but what’s the fourth?
I wondered that, too. Maybe he just got mixed up. Poor Larry. He's aged a lot in just the past year from the horrible pain and stress of all of this. Thank God he has such a remarkable wife in Kay. She seems like his rock.

Are an air embolism and pulmonary embolism the same? I thought injecting air led to air embolism (where air blocks blood flow) as opposed to pulmonary embolism (where blood clot blocks blood flow). Wouldn’t the cause of death be an air embolism if it was by injecting air? Wasn’t it determined that AC’s was blood clots?
It was determined that he had blood clots blocking major blood vessels in both his lungs. No air embolism.

Really? Wow.

I guess I'd hope that there would be a case brought for Brandon's attempted murder, but I don't think there have been any charges brought. We can only hope. (Melani we are looking at you!!)
Do you recall if there are texts that are damning enough to indict her for conspiracy to commit murder? She obviously told Alex Brandon's new address but I don't remember her text history.

Please don't interject into the narrative the false idea that LE and ME's didn't look for signs of foul play in AC's death. Because that's the OPPOSITE from what happened.

When AC died, LE was all over it. They were of the same mind as any one of us, and instantly (!) assumed he had been murdered, and that was their starting point. They did everything they could to find something to indicate that. Something. Anything. They looked for poisons, something on the body, any hint of anything nefarious. ME's did test after test. And they found nothing.

They wanted to find something. They expected to, too. But there was nothing there.

Sometimes, coincidences do happen. AC drove long distance, and sitting for long periods can cause blood clots in the legs, that then travel to the lungs and kill you. That's a thing that happens. And he took a long long road trip, then he came back, and then died right after that. As good a fit as it would be for him to have been murdered, the blood clot like that (aka pulmonary embolism) also is a perfect fit for what happened.
Thanks for that because I don't think I ever followed up on the investigation of his death. You are right that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. It's simply one more thing that makes this case so bizarre. I feel somewhat the same about Joe Ryan's death which might otherwise not seem suspicious outside of the context of everything else.

Last edited:
It was determined that he had blood clots blocking major blood vessels in both his lungs. No air embolism.

Death by bacon! Good grief, the guy went to every fast food joint in Rexburg, ID, based on his cellphone GPS records, daily. Really, is anyone surprised that he died because of blocked arteries?! Seriously.

BTW, the guy who did that documentary, "Super Size Me" who went to McDonald's for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a month, just recently died. Age 53.

I think one reason Prior may have made so much noise about stairs is because he didn't want the 1:00 time highlighted. (I think another reason is because I think either Chad or Tammy, probably Chad, used the loft upstairs as their bedroom and they did not share.)
I just had a horrible thought (although I should be used to them in this case). It is believed that when her murderer/s crept into her room Tammy was still awake, playing games on her phone. I am thinking that she saw Chad entering, and her first feeling may have been happiness, thinking that he had come to "kiss and make up", or at least have a friendly chat. But then what a terrible realisation of what was happening, the appalling evil and betrayal. It was just unspeakable

A drug that they did not test for IMO

There is a whole thread, IIRC about this when AxC passed away

The day After they all found out TD's body was being exhumed.

AxC received a blessing from Chad,

Then Chad called ZP and said, "you better get home"

To which ZP called her son to check on Alex

ZP son, who did NOT even know that AxC was his new stepdad and married to his mother, found him on bathroom floor.

Then ZP asked LE if she was a "Suspect" in his death ?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

WHY WOULD SHE ASK THIS ?? Did she substitute something in one of his other meds ???

Then ZP said--
During the interview, Pastenes said Cox did not have much communication with his six siblings. She said she knew Lori and Melani but did not know where Lori lived or her phone number.

“She said the last time she tried texting Lori, the number was disconnected,” according to the report. “She had met Lori a few times before when Lori lived locally. She had not seen Lori since she moved a few months ago. She did not think Lori was married.”

Meanwhile, Pastenes’ daughter arrived at the house and spoke with detectives about her mother and Lori. She described the two as good friends who attended the same congregation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, according to police reports.

The daughter said both Pastenes and Lori were “preppers” preparing for the end of the world, and her mother met Cox, whom she described as “very religious,” through Lori. The two became engaged, and Pastenes planned to move to Idaho with Cox, Daybell and Pawlowski, according to the daughter. Plans changed when Cox moved in with them around Thanksgiving 2019.

Back at the hospital, a family member showed up and told Pastenes she should not speak to investigators without an attorney.

They went to their home, and Pastenes received a phone call from someone.

“Moments later, Zulema told me she would not talk with me without a lawyer,” an officer wrote in a report.

Well, now that I have re-read everything I just posted, I see it really does not answer your question except the first sentence.

But it is all very suspicious and too much of a coincidence, IMO
Excellent re-cap/article but... once the ME found blood clots, since the cops were very suspicious about it being murder, don't you think there would have been some testing if there were a drug known to give someone a PE? This so frustrating because his death has murder written all over it - and I want to believe - but I don't see how it's possible.

It could be that Zulema asked if she was a suspect simply because knew all of the deaths were murders and she was deeply enmeshed with the killers.

I just had a horrible thought (although I should be used to them in this case). It is believed that when her murderer/s crept into her room Tammy was still awake, playing games on her phone. I am thinking that she saw Chad entering, and her first feeling may have been happiness, thinking that he had come to "kiss and make up", or at least have a friendly chat. But then what a terrible realisation of what was happening, the appalling evil and betrayal. It was just unspeakable
Tammy's murder remains so full of question marks. I do think it was likely she was still awake when it happened but I'm not sure if Chad was there due to what the guy said who worked with Garth. In that version, Garth found Tammy dead at 1AM and Chad was not home. That made me wonder if he left a door open for Alex. OTOH, it would seem like there would be a huge risk of Tammy screaming and being heard if she was awake. We also don't know where she was sleeping. Nothing is clear about that night.

Excellent re-cap/article but... once the ME found blood clots, since the cops were very suspicious about it being murder, don't you think there would have been some testing if there were a drug known to give someone a PE? This so frustrating because his death has murder written all over it - and I want to believe - but I don't see how it's possible.

It could be that Zulema asked if she was a suspect simply because knew all of the deaths were murders and she was deeply enmeshed with the killers.
No, I dont think LE was looking at overall picture yet and were not suspicious at that time

CV murdered in July 2019 -but LE thought it was self defense-- no suspicion

Tammy was killed In Oct 2019- cremated-nothing suspicious at that time per LE

JJ and Tylee were not Reported / investigated as missing until Nov 2019

Alex died Dec 11 2019

CD & LVD found in Hawaii in Jan 2020

I really don't think LE would have been looking too deep into AxC death when he died..
They did NOT test for any unusual drugs, etc in the toxicology testing as they would not have a reason to AT THAT TIME.

I do believe ZP asked about being a suspect exactly because she was privy to all the info -- which to me, IMO, makes her compliant as well.

Which is why she sought Immunity. JMO

I can not get past ZP asking LE at the hospital if she was a suspect.

100% unnatural causes for Alex. IMO

But I have said it before, on this occasion who cares about justice for Alex.
Save the tax payers money for something deserving.

Tammy's murder remains so full of question marks. I do think it was likely she was still awake when it happened but I'm not sure if Chad was there due to what the guy said who worked with Garth. In that version, Garth found Tammy dead at 1AM and Chad was not home. That made me wonder if he left a door open for Alex. OTOH, it would seem like there would be a huge risk of Tammy screaming and being heard if she was awake. We also don't know where she was sleeping. Nothing is clear about that night.
Alex phone pinging 1 mile down the road at the church grounds that night is just confirmation he was the hit man.
Chad is too fat and lazy to kill anyone with his bare hands. Especially Tammy.
Sit in the corner and watch.........that I can see.

moo

Because it was all too convenient for Alex to die, it seems like murder but I can't see how anyone could have given him a pulmonary embolism.
Alex's, oh so convenient, death has always niggled away at me but, like you, I couldn't figure out how anyone could induce a pulmonary embolism.

The answer is, that they couldn't... or rather that they couldn't with any degree of certainty. However, there are risk factors for blood clots (something we know the Cox family have a genetic predisposition towards anyway), and this morning it occurred to me that those include estrogen.

So I went looking. Estrogen is relatively easily available via birth control, hrt and general hormone treatments and, although an overdose isn't guaranteed to cause clots, regular overdoses might well up the odds IMO.

Pulmonary embolism due to exogenous estrogen intoxication - PubMed

That soon? She was extradited almost 6 months ago and it’s still 2 months until the trial. I’ve been thinking it should have been sooner :) but I do think the Aug 1 trial date is still scheduled…doesn’t mean it can’t change again before that though.
Like in her Idaho case, Lori didn't waive her right to a speedy trial in Arizona. She wants it over and done with as soon as possible. Afterwards she'll probably be returned to Idaho to serve her sentence there first, although it's not certain.

She could still get commissary money.
I checked some of her dates, all in 2021 (dates for EIN articles):

May 21: Lori is declared indigent
May 25: Murder charges drop for her and Chad
May 27: Lori is declared incompetent

I's likely that Chad's money stopped funding her defense even earlier. I can imagine her commissary money also stopping. She was transferred to a state hospital for several months. But her defense could have been prepaid to some extent and someone else could have contributed towards it. It likely wasn't her or Chad's family. The Daybell children went on 48 Hours a whole year later (in July 2022), claiming that dad had been framed. By that point Lori would have been on her own for a while. How did she keep up her spirit?

And it sounds like she took a photo?????????

Can you imagine seeing a second person entering the room after Chad?

No, I dont think LE was looking at overall picture yet and were not suspicious at that time

CV murdered in July 2019 -but LE thought it was self defense-- no suspicion

Tammy was killed In Oct 2019- cremated-nothing suspicious at that time per LE

JJ and Tylee were not Reported / investigated as missing until Nov 2019

Alex died Dec 11 2019

CD & LVD found in Hawaii in Jan 2020

I really don't think LE would have been looking too deep into AxC death when he died..
They did NOT test for any unusual drugs, etc in the toxicology testing as they would not have a reason to AT THAT TIME.

I do believe ZP asked about being a suspect exactly because she was privy to all the info -- which to me, IMO, makes her compliant as well.

Which is why she sought Immunity. JMO
Suspicion was raised right after Charles' death, both by police and Charles' family (and Adam). LE testified in this trial about some of the factors they found (delayed 911 call, no sign of CPR, second shot from above). They were just slow to act, thinking they had all the time and that Alex wasn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11