Trial - Ross Harris #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But haven't witnesses said they didn't see those emotions ....

Witnesses' testimony has differed from what they originally did and did not report, a male witness the State didn't call said RH's pain was so great it made him cry for RH, the common thread in witness accounts is that RH would alternate being screaming oh my God, oh my God, what have I done? I've killed my son (a strange way to phrase things if he murdered Cooper and had staged the scene to avoid accountability) and appearing to be "calm."

One witness said pretrial that she didn't find any of his behavior suspicious, and that it seemed to her that he was processing what had happened. At trial she test testified she thought he was just acting. Go figure.

Same with Leanna. Pretrial the line was she wasn't shocked or emotional, just calmly said, well, Ross must have left him in the car. Nope. Even according to the strange testimony by the HD guard, she was anything but calm,up until the time when she saw the news of her son's death on TV when she went silent. Can't imagine why LE (or the clueless guard) interpreted that as anything other than pure shock.

Or the first thing LH said at the daycare was "R must have left him in the car."
I would have thought a million other things before I thought that. Did R call in sick and stay home with C, did R decide to take C to work with him, was someone else keeping C today, did R kidnap C and leave town. NEVER- R must have left him in the car!

I too hope we hear this testimony- but to be clear the ME stated someone "told" him about the temperature. He was basing his opinion on that. I think this is one of those cases where they (hopefully) have someone else that is prepared to testify about those facts as this witness was not called upon to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I heard the ME testimony that a detective told him the temperature IN THE car was in the low 90's around noon. However, if the ME lives in the South I wonder why he wouldn't have questioned that temperature? In the summer it can be 85 degrees with a heat index (which includes humidity) of 98 degrees. In June unless you are going through a cool spell the temperature around 10 and 11 in the morning is hot. Atlanta is even hotter than most cities in the South.

I remember a few yrs ago.... one dad struggled with the responding LEO, trying to get his gun from his holster. He was begging the cop to kill him.

Thanks Popsicle, I read about this incident as well. This goes to show people sometimes react irrationally. Just like RH cursing at the officer.

I wish so much that I could also think that, but I remember him asking the female officer how long had she been employed with LE and telling someone that 'there was no malicious intent". If my child is lying there dead, and I know I caused it, there is no way my mind could be thinking of anything else.
JMO

I hear you, but I imagine it adds a whole great big level of surreal and shock to experience that and within minutes be handcuffed in a police car, clearly under suspicion.

I know how I think I would react -- I can imagine wrestling a cop for a gun because I couldn't bear the pain of causing my precious son's death- but I'm also aware I have no idea what I would actually do, and even less of an idea what a "normal" response would be.

Greg Sanders is the next witness. Central Security employee/officer for Home Depot.

Marking my place .. late for class and looks like it's an interesting day! Off to watch 2nd part of day catch up later.

Court resumes. State calls Greg Sanders to the stand. Sanders is manager of the emergency center for Home Depot.

He has the ability to pull security videos and access card entry information for both the offices buildings and Little Apron Academy where Cooper went to daycare.

He did so for law enforcement in the Harris case.

While we don't know exactly how we would react and can only imagine- there are plenty of professionals out there that have been around dozens of parents when their child has died and they do have experience with how people react. Continuing to state that if someone hasn't been through it and doesn't know how they would react is ridiculous. The majority of people don not react like he did- and many people testified to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross wasn’t consistent with his emotions just like the one officer pointed out (can’t remember hisname). I would think there would be consistency over the death of one’s child. There would be a display of sadness throughout even when trying to grasp what happened. I wouldn’t be spoutingoff to officers who want to question me, I wouldn’t be asking the officer howlong in law enforcement etc… I would be in tears all the time, and if the tears dried up briefly, my eyes would be showing a great deal of sadness, Ross had none of that. He had these out bursts and to me those out bursts where fake! No tears while in handcuffs waiting in the police car. Hearing his son was dead, no tears.

Witness was responsible for getting the Video pulled from Home depot on the day of Coopers death.

Sanders was asked to pull video from various HD locations. Was given RH's name and his use of a badge to access the system.

Cameras are static/fixed cameras. Exterior and interior at the Treehouse location. Exterior cameras on the light poles and some on the building as well.

Time stamps on videos are accurate according to witness.

I am so tired of immature people making rude comments about the witnesses. This is during streaming of the trial.

I am so tired of immature people making rude comments about the witnesses. This is during streaming of the trial.

Watch it live streaming on youtube:

[video=youtube;xoAo594J9cQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoAo594J9cQ[/video]

From the snippet the defense showed during openings, I think the defense will play a LE video segment demonstrating LE's description of RH's lack of emotion and remorse and utter self absorbtion was false. He sobbed, body heaving, actually, and spoke of Cooper, not himself, when he and his wife were finally allowed to see each other for the first time after Cooper died. I'm sure both were in shock for a whole lot longer than the few minutes that each seem to have been allotted before behaving as others assume they would in that incomprehensible situation.
bbm

How others assume they should be behaving...That seems to be the battle cry for Ross's (and Leanna's) murderous guilt. It's like villagers with torches. "They were not grieving, behaving, they way we know WE would absolutely do in their shoes... No. We cannot actually know what we would do, until we are actually faced with the same exact situation. (but none of us would ever make a serious parenting error, I know, I know...)

Truthfully this type of hysterical emotion-over-logic judgments, without a hint of mercy, for all concerned, with no regard for reasonable doubt, At.All. (Cause you know Cooper would want that for his Dad,) smacks of self-righteous scolds posing as victims advocates...IMO

Ross Harris Trial
Jurors are seeing security video from Home Depot on the day Cooper died.

After parking his car at work, Sanders says Harris didn't immediately get out of his vehicle.

Has files for the exterior parking lot videos and interior videos.

Seeing RH entering the building.

Car pulling into parking lot at 9:25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members