Trial - Ross Harris #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did, but respectfully, you have to look at the context you can not take one sentence and make something out of it. JMHO Stoddard just came in, said he has seized RH phone, give him a piece of paper to write phone numbers down from LH. Stoddard had just been toldRH his charges. RH asked what the next steps were, Stoddard explains, and tells him there could be additional charges and the process..

LH asks does it have to be this way... RH like I said it was not intentional or on purpose.. Stoddard "whether intentional or not by his actions, your son is dea"
RH askwhat they need to do for LH to pick up RH veh. (hers was still at Treehouse)
Stoddard tells RH that "he is executing a sw on the veh, then it will be towed to tow yard and will notifiy her as to where can go pick up"

Stoddard had been very professional to RH, doing the good cop, telling him he sorry for loss, do you need anything. Not overpowering. They heard RH tell LH that the cops at the scene were very awful to him.. RH asks Stoddard how long he had been a cop. Stoddard 18 years, RH then tells him that dispite the charges and that he disagrees with them, he appreciates the courtesy. Stoddard told him that it goes both ways, nothing personal. JMHO I think that was not fake from RH and nor do I think that was fake from Stoddard. But in context it means totally different than just a sentence quote. JMHO

I agree. Out of all the crazy statements that went on in that room, asking that was a non issue IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
Says Leanna went to Alabama for work, not family. Why take Cooper? Unless the work was near her family....

He went to college in Alabama. I bet both of them grew up there. His brother is a cop in Tuscaloosa. She probably takes hm to visit family there.
RH said that LH went to AL one week a month that she had a side job there for a Nursing Home as a dietitian consultant, and one of there Mothers lives there way I understood him.

As I keep saying, I understand why they were suspicious. But it's their duty to abide by the rules when they act on those suspicions. They simply didn't do that. In not doing that they've tainted the process, undermined their own credibility, and left open the possibility of any RH conviction being overturned on appeal.

What rules did they break? Ross willingly gave them his code to open the phone.

leanna asking if he wanted more children, her child sneaking out and falling in a pool comment, perhaps there were tears from her and i just couldn't see them on the phone i was using to watch but that heifer showed no emotion for her child. she's just as bad as ross and the only reason i think she wasn't involved in the planning of cooper's murder is because if she was that weasel she was married to would be singing like a bird against her. no way he'd take all the blame. her comments at cooper's funeral...poor little cooper. born to two pieces of excrement.

BBM -- Yep, a mother/child relationship. This could be a result of the home environment she was raised in.

^^^ I think it also could have developed over time if RH has immature/easily distracted/impulsive traits (such as possible ADHD). In a relationship with such a person, it can evolve into a parent-child dynamic between the spouses.

I would like to know if RH had these tendencies throughout his life or not.

ADHD, in adults, can cause such tendencies to get worse as responsibilities (such as having children) increase. I can envision a scenario in which RH has ADHD (or tendencies in that realm), and as the pressures of being a real grown up (married with a stable career, and now a young child) grow, he reverts to the sex addiction as a coping mechanism.

An impulsive, immature "man-child" with a growing sex addiction is a very self-centered individual. His intentions might have been to be a good dad and husband, but he has failed in the execution of it.

This is just one theory, not knowing anything about his personality over time.

How can his wife be so forgiving and so unemotional when consoling him? Its almost like she is consoling a friend who lost a child instead of her own child dying. This is really disturbing.

It is far too disturbing. More so than yesterday. Wasn't that Cooper's mother with Ross?

Not one tear. No emotion. Did she ever even say Cooper's name?

LH got down to business of looking for lawyers and ph #s for Home Depot.

LH kept gently touching and consoling Ross. Ross seldom touched LH. He fussed about jail's uncomfortable bed and metal toilet.

When she left, they hugged but did not kiss.

That was odd and unusual behavior for a mother, without tears or remorse, to console her husband after he killed their baby. "I'll be alright", she stoically informed Ross. "We'll get through this".

BS meter is far into the red hot fire zone. She wasn't even shocked. She wasn't saddened. *** ****. No other reason to act that way with JRH :moo:

The video was just so bizarre to me! She was consoling him, he was blubbering, she said she told the police he wouldn't do this on purpose, he turns off the tears and says, "what did you say?" like he wanted specific details of what wording she used. He kept saying "all I can think about is that jail cell with the hard metal bed". Seriously? You just killed your child and you're worried about your comfort in the jail cell?!

Honestly, I've been in the guilty camp from the minute the case first broke as news, but lately I've been thinking maybe he was just preoccupied and "forgot". But the whole "all I can think about is jail" just rubbed me the wrong way! Years ago I accidentally injured my then 3 yr old. I rushed him to the ER and was fully prepared to accept whatever punishment was coming my way. I even asked the ER if they wanted to call the police! I don't understand a parent who has just killed their child worrying about himself...even for a minute.

He did, but respectfully, you have to look at the context you can not take one sentence and make something out of it. JMHO Stoddard just came in, said he has seized RH phone, give him a piece of paper to write phone numbers down from LH. Stoddard had just been toldRH his charges. RH asked what the next steps were, Stoddard explains, and tells him there could be additional charges and the process..

LH asks does it have to be this way... RH like I said it was not intentional or on purpose.. Stoddard "whether intentional or not by his actions, your son is dea"
RH askwhat they need to do for LH to pick up RH veh. (hers was still at Treehouse)
Stoddard tells RH that "he is executing a sw on the veh, then it will be towed to tow yard and will notifiy her as to where can go pick up"

Stoddard had been very professional to RH, doing the good cop, telling him he sorry for loss, do you need anything. Not overpowering. They heard RH tell LH that the cops at the scene were very awful to him.. RH asks Stoddard how long he had been a cop. Stoddard 18 years, RH then tells him that dispite the charges and that he disagrees with them, he appreciates the courtesy. Stoddard told him that it goes both ways, nothing personal. JMHO I think that was not fake from RH and nor do I think that was fake from Stoddard. But in context it means totally different than just a sentence quote. JMHO

Lol, I must be going blind too - I just mistakenly answered a comment you didn't make. Sorry! Anyway, yes, I get your point. To me though the context was that from the outset Ross was trying very hard to be seen in a good light to LE - talking about how his brother is in LE, how he was in LE, how he knew the "regulations" about the car seat, his "medic" training, using the phonetic alphabet and so on. Then when Stoddard talked about how his actions caused Cooper's death, neither parent reacted in the least - it was all business. Ross responded to all of what you posted by asking Stoddard how long he's been in LE and telling him he appreciates the "courtesy?" I can't wrap my head around that.

Correcting myself, he didn't say he parked under a tree that day as an atypical choice he made that day, he said he usually parked under a tree. LE must have checked that out on surveillance videos, and unless I missed it, hasn't presented testimony to the contrary.

Originally Posted by AuntB View Post
Ross says, I wouldn't bring him back, you know that, right?
LH asks him to clarify, "you would... or you wouldn't?"

IMHO, she can't believe she heard him correctly.

Well she said she wouldn't bring him back at his funeral...

I do believe she was asking him to clarify. But it was in a biblical sense. RH said " I wouldn't bring him back if I could because he is in Heaven" At one point he was talking about when Cooper passed away, that Jesus was there to take Cooper into his arms ..." How he is playing with trucks in Heaven... It was not in a bad way.

Now what was odd to me and again she had to be in shock... She asked him if they could still have other children. RH responded of course but that Cooper would always be their little boy. Maybe it was a way to let him know she loved him and would not leave him and he had something to live for. He had said he didnt want to live.
She asked him about what in his future (she was meaning suicide because he said he wanted to die) she asked him if he were going to do it how would he. He said he didnt know and she said you have no plan he said no. She said good. Again I think this was "work LH" taking over. In shock and brains way of taking over at time. JMHO

^^^ I think it also could have developed over time if RH has immature/easily distracted/impulsive traits (such as possible ADHD). In a relationship with such a person, it can evolve into a parent-child dynamic between the spouses.

I would like to know if RH had these tendencies throughout his life or not.

ADHD, in adults, can cause such tendencies to get worse as responsibilities (such as having children) increase. I can envision a scenario in which RH has ADHD (or tendencies in that realm), and as the pressures of being a real grown up (married with a stable career, and now a young child) grow, he reverts to the sex addiction as a coping mechanism.

An impulsive, immature "man-child" with a growing sex addiction is a very self-centered individual. His intentions might have been to be a good dad and husband, but he has failed in the execution of it.

This is just one theory, not knowing anything about his personality over time.

Good theory. That makes a lot of sense. To tell you the truth, I don't know what in the heck to make of this case.

Leanna : What do you want me to do?

Ross : Keep me out of jail so I can become an advocate for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I must be going blind too - I just mistakenly answered a comment you didn't make. Sorry! Anyway, yes, I get your point. To me though the context was that from the outset Ross was trying very hard to be seen in a good light to LE - talking about how his brother is in LE, how he was in LE, how he knew the "regulations" about the car seat, his "medic" training, using the phonetic alphabet and so on. Then when Stoddard talked about how his actions caused Cooper's death, neither parent reacted in the least - it was all business. Ross responded to all of what you posted by asking Stoddard how long he's been in LE and telling him he appreciates the "courtesy?" I can't wrap my head around that.

"courtesy" JMHO he was being respectful of them not treating him as the officers on the scene had. He told LH that they treated him badly and he was trying to call her and one yelled and him and he cursed her and that 4 grabbed him, handcuffed him and put him in back of the patrol car and he couldn't even see or be with Cooper. I sure part was Stoddard being "good cop" (as in good cop bad cop) Make RH feel comfortable. Let their guard down. But I do think that Stoddard response was real.

Just finished watching video of RH and LH...I'm sorry but he at least acted like he was sorry about their son's death, but her???...I just don't get it. If that had accidentally happened to one of our children, my husband and I both would have had to been carried off on stretchers...We would have been two puddles on the floor, especially me...Just very weird reactions to such a horrific death of your child, especially for a mother!!

And if you listen to RH breathing when he is upset, it the same kind as when was in room alone. The mic are up and it sounds different as it would been in person.

Sorry but I feel his emotions in those interview tapes are genuine. And so far (other than the sexting) he has told the truth (going by witnesses testimony)

Leanna : What do you want me to do?

Ross : Keep me out of jail so I can become an advocate for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So.Weird.

I know "behavior" doesn't prove or disprove intent. But I have to think the jury will spend the weekend wondering WTF did I just watch. I'm sure the defense doesn't want even that.

The video was just so bizarre to me! She was consoling him, he was blubbering, she said she told the police he wouldn't do this on purpose, he turns off the tears and says, "what did you say?" like he wanted specific details of what wording she used. He kept saying "all I can think about is that jail cell with the hard metal bed". Seriously? You just killed your child and you're worried about your comfort in the jail cell?!

Honestly, I've been in the guilty camp from the minute the case first broke as news, but lately I've been thinking maybe he was just preoccupied and "forgot". But the whole "all I can think about is jail" just rubbed me the wrong way! Years ago I accidentally injured my then 3 yr old. I rushed him to the ER and was fully prepared to accept whatever punishment was coming my way. I even asked the ER if they wanted to call the police! I don't understand a parent who has just killed their child worrying about himself...even for a minute.

When he said what did you say, it was (JMHO) him concerned what she would think. He hoped she didn't think he did it on purpose. He was afraid she would leave him. He said she was the only life support he had right now.

This video is nothing like the police and prosecutors have made it sound. They have flat out lied about it. This is all so bizarre.

From the video, I thought L's behavior was more off kilter than Ross', but honestly it is not fair to judge the behavior in the light of day and with the benefit of hindsight and two years' worth of biased media reports.

I honestly do not know how I would react in those circumstances. I could see myself completely shutting down and going numb and silent, and I cloud also see myself raving like a lunatic. You don't know what will actually happen when faced with that kind of trauma.

What rules did they break? Ross willingly gave them his code to open the phone.

Look at the search warrants issued on the 18th. You watched the whole Stoddard interview? Compare and contrast what RH said and what was said on the warrants. Charging felony murder on CC charges is optional. Within 1 1/2 hours of sitting down with RH, LE charged him with that and 1st degree CC. The evidence just wasn't there. Charges of 2nd degree CC, no felony murder would have been an indication they hadn't presumed guilt already.

LE backtracked on some of those statements by the 24th, when they asked for and received another batch of warrants. But, this time they flat out lied about probable cause, saying the car seat straps has been set on the lowest level. So, one incendiary charge is replaced with another, and neither is accurate.

And on it went......

He just watched a news report about a guy who left his son in the car----and he took the guys advice to look at the car seat each time he left the car. He watched info about hot cars on the internet
also. And one of his worst fears was leaving Cooper in the car.

Very odd that it happened the way it did then. imo

Very , very odd..... Yes, and then that dad became an "advocate" to prevent others from making this mistake... Just what Ross told Leanna later that HE
wanted to be, after she gets him out of jail..... I think this had been on Ross' mind a lot recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeTarot