Trial - Ross Harris #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO she has said both. She'd threaten to leave and take Cooper. Then she'd remember how her parents divorce affected her and try to make him behave. That in her opinion marriage is forever

HE did not say that in texts before the 18th.

She is actually doing a good job of describing psychological denial and dissociation that happens in such traumatic circumstances.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3m3 minutes ago
#RossHarris - Leanna now testifying about speaking with Detectives at the police station. #hotcardeath

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3m3 minutes ago
#RossHarris - Kiglore asks Leanna if she was read Miranda Rights, she says no. #hotcardeath

Defense attorney Maddox Kilgore: What was going on (at police HQ)?

Taylor: While I was sitting there in the chair, there were several people who walk by me. I said this before. I didn't feel real to me. I didn't feel like it was happening. I felt like I was in a dream. I kept going back and forth, praying, Please God, don't let this be true. This can't be happening. ... I knew at some point I was going to see Ross. I knew he was going to need me to be strong for him.

She then says she knew Ross hadn't intended for this to happen, and prosecutor Boring strongly objects.

Kilgore: did you know where youj son was at the time?

No.

Did you try to find out?

Yes.

Who were youy tryhing to find out from?

The first person I asked said he didn't have an answer for me and said you have to speak to the detective.

Kilgore: While you were sitting in the waiting area -- the office you described -- were you able to get any information on where your son was?

Not then, no.

She says she doesn't know how long she sat there. The detectives would come by and tell her it would be a few minutes. Then they took her to a room and left her there. She says she doesn't know whether the door was locked because she never tried to open it.

Kilgore asks whether she has seen the interview she then had with Det. Stoddard.

I have seen it. I've reviewed the transcript. Parts of it I remember. A lot of is very hazy. ... They did go through my purse, searched my wallet.

Do you have any recollection of whether they read you your Miranda rights?

No, they did not.

I'm still trying to figure out how her testimony is helping the defense case.

I think they called her, because they had to. The video of them was strange. You don't want the mother of the child absent. But, testimony isn't really helpful, IMO. It doesn't necessarily harm at this point, but it's just...not adding to their defense.

Well she knows JRH had no respect for her marriage, she has divorced him, she has listened to testimony that he had hired a prostitute and had sex with other women in their home... and she is still up there testifying that he was a good FATHER, despite the fact that he was clearly a ****** husband. And she believes it was a tragic accident. I think thats a good look for the Defense.

Time for Thread #6

start moving over, this one will close in a few minutes.

Well she knows JRH had no respect for her marriage, she has divorced him, she has listened to testimony that he had hired a prostitute and had sex with other women in their home... and she is still up there testifying that he was a good FATHER, despite the fact that he was clearly a ****** husband. And she believes it was a tragic accident. I think thats a good look for the Defense.

I think it's very helpful to the defense.

But, IMO...she's not believable. Perhaps that's not the word I'm looking for, but she's not very sympathetic. I'm not suggesting she is lying in anyway, I mean that her remorse is not believable. They've spent very little time talking about Ross as a father. They have spent most of their time explaining her behavior. I don't think that helps them. IMO.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago
#RossHarris - Leanna said she felt a strong need to be with Ross. She asked detectives if she could see him. #hotcardeath

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Leanna said she was being strong for #Rossharris #hotcardeath

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 36s36 seconds ago
Leanna is trying to explain her behavior as a range of things just flooding her at once #rossharris #hotcardeath

But, IMO...she's not believable. Perhaps that's not the word I'm looking for, but she's not very sympathetic. I'm not suggesting she is lying in anyway, I mean that her remorse is not believable. They've spent very little time talking about Ross as a father. They have spent most of their time explaining her behavior. I don't think that helps them. IMO.

Twitter reporter said a few jurors were emotional during her testimony.

Leanna said when she arrived at Cobb police headquarters she tried to keep herself together because, "I knew I needed to be strong for Ross."

Was Leanna that dependent on Ross money where still wanted to love him after him cheating and killing Cooper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow