Trial Sidebar audio, transcripts released! *Discuss here*

Lol...yes, MeeBee I know what you mean. I think more of her physicality, it's the mental part that he's maybe attracted to. Like they could sit up all night talking about the case and legal terms, etc.. Speaking all legal dirty talk. hahahahha. And I do think she's attractive in her own way, and she sure likes to, ahem, enhance her body with the figure-hugging suits. Which Juan had to basically stare at her backside for the extremely loooonnnngggg time she was up there. :facepalm:

But I know what you mean.
I doubt Juan has the least bit of interest in JW for her looks or her brain. Camille Kimball speaks of Juan's lady love in her blog. A small excerpt:

"I can also tell you that he is incredibly lucky to have her, as well. She is physically just gorgeous. She is highly educated. She has considerable professional accomplishments of her own. I guarantee you would all like her"

http://camillekimball.blogspot.com/2013/05/is-juan-martinez-married-camille-gives.html

JW probably can't hold a candle to her and doesn't impress Juan in the least.

The jury was unanimous on first degree premed murder and that includes the Foreman. Is the Foreman the guy who was catholic that was reported on?
I'm curious about this nurse! There is no way a practicing catholic should have been on the jury. Do you happen to have a linky? :blushing:

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 1h
My last day at HLN and In Session was June 4. But I'm appearing on Nancy Grace tonight to weigh in on new details from the Arias trial.

Y'all are going to throw rotten tomatoes at me but here goes anyway....

Where there's smoke there's fire...JM mentioning 'marriage' to JW, even in the context of "I'd want to f'ing kill myself" is (to me) not a sign that he hates her...but a subconscious admission of a ...possible...however fleeting, attraction. He brought that up, she didn't. Marriage implies a sexual relationship. Now do I really believe JM thinks he's attracted to her? Heck no. But subconsciously...let's say a psychotherapist like Dr. Demarte would find that remark interesting. Plus, JM later referred to that as a "compliment" and a "joke" (i.e. not an insult). Hmmmm....interesting.

</ducks and runs for cover>

I think he used her as an example, because she was there and they were in the moment. Easier to come up with an example of a person in your presence than pull a random name/person out of your *advertiser censored*. I also think he did a back handed apology because well she is a big baby. I would be it was sarcastic in tone. Based on what I have seen of him and read of him, I think the comment was based on the quote: "there is a little bit of seriousness in all joking".

I think he thought she was an annoying twit and there was zero attraction.

and PS. no need to duck and run for cover...not everyone interrupts things the same way!

There has been nothing released regarding ALV. I don't think it will be released until after the penalty phase is over. JMO.

It would be nice for the local reporters to try to get this information, but don't hold your breathe. Anything that shows the true convicted killer and the bias of her cohorts won't be released. JMO

Maybe someone at NSA can help us with the request?

Hey, NSA: can ya grab us a transcript for us. Im sure its online!

Yes I agree - I think the foreman has exposed himself in several ways.... his statements that she was a "girl" and that she didn't "look like a murderer"...and then breaking the agreement with the other jurors not to talk until Tues. yet jumping right onto GMA as soon as he could. I think he wanted to be on the jury - I think he wanted to impact their results and in 3 cases may have done so. I also believe if he were the only one he would not have agreed on DP with the other 11.

The bits of biographical information I've read also supports a strong - type A personality that would attempt to do this - a radio host, builds muscle cars with his sons, previously sold real estate - none of this is bad but just fills in tidbits of his personality. Do you think a person like this would NOT try to persuade others to agree with him? Do you think he "volunteered" to be foreman?

I also believe HE was the one that initiated the "pact" that no juror would do interviews until Tues. knowing that he wanted to be the first one to get all of the attention. All of this is JMHO of course :)

im sure his rush to the spotlight didn't hurt his local radio host fame either....unless that rumour has been debunked (Ive been away)

further seals my opinion that the jury system is flawed. anyone and everyone can get through...even people who have no justice morals and will just do whatever the hell they want because they can.

Guy went rogue cause the DP is not his - It is the law of the land there in AZ. Those citizens have chosen to have it. Jury members are entrusted to carry that out as directed. Fella didn't do his civic duty. He can't site any mitigators at all. It's a bad result cause somebody kinked the system.

Always a tragedy in a democracy when somebody betrays the public trust. Sadly, in this instance it was a matter of life and death.

I'm curious about this nurse! There is no way a practicing catholic should have been on the jury. Do you happen to have a linky? :blushing:

I don't, sorry. I will look for it. He had to go back to his church to make sure he could vote on the DP. I was wondering if this was him. If not I say sorry. I am just wondering if this was him.

Either way it does not really matter. She is tried and convicted. Of premeditated first degree murder.

Guy went rogue cause the DP is not his - It is the law of the land there in AZ. Those citizens have chosen to have it. Jury members are entrusted to carry that out as directed. Fella didn't do his civic duty. He can't site any mitigators at all. It's a bad result cause somebody kinked the system.

Always a tragedy in a democracy when somebody betrays the public trust. Sadly, in this instance it was a matter of life and death.

he did not necessarily go rogue.. there were FOUR of them iirc that were not for the dp.

:twocents::twocents:

I agree with your assessment!

Additionally, I believe his brain went into a fog during all the sex talk and then, when his brain cleared, the DT hammered home the faux abuse allegations and played that one sided sex tape with only TA's statements.

Shazam ... M1, proven cruel BUT hung his hat on abuse. JMO

I agree with your assessment!

Additionally, I believe his brain went into a fog during all the sex talk and then when his brain cleared, the DT hammered home the faux abuse allegations and played that one sided sex tape with only TA's statements.

Shazam ... M1, proven cruel BUT hung his hat on abuse. JMO

if he hung his hat on abuse she would not be convicted unanimously of premed murder and most of them also voted for felony murder.

I think the crux and argument was over death.

I am anxiously await the status conference on the 20th to see if the state wants to go another round for death. After seeing all the evidence (despite the outcome of the SC) what judge in their right mind would let Arias have parole.? The big win was the conviction. I feel very badly for the jurors that have to find out all the evidence that was left out of the trial after the fact. I thank them all for their selfless service.

I've also had a different read on JM's comment. If a male colleague said something like this to me in front of a higher-level person (like the judge), I'd be furious. I love JM but I did think this comment was offensive. It'd be interesting to see if JM made similar comments about Nurmi.

I highly doubt he made comments about marriage to Nurmi. Wouldn't make sense nor would it make Juan's point. Was it snarky? Sure. JW had it coming IMO, after all their constant interruptions and sidebars.

if he hung his hat on abuse she would not be convicted unanimously of premed murder and most of them also voted for felony murder.

I think the crux and argument was over death.

I am anxiously await the status conference on the 20th to see if the state wants to go another round for death. After seeing all the evidence (despite the outcome of the SC) what judge in their right mind would let Arias have parole.? The big win was the conviction. I feel very badly for the jurors that have to find out all the evidence that was left out of the trial after the fact. I thank them all for their selfless service.

Yes, Nurse, I agree but I don't think he/they could deny the premeditated proof in the State's case and had to choose M1. JMO

I am of the belief that he and the other 3 who voted life in the penalty phase just couldn't choose the DP when it came down to it and they hung their collective hats on the faux abuse allegations. JMO

I doubt Juan has the least bit of interest in JW for her looks or her brain. Camille Kimball speaks of Juan's lady love in her blog. A small excerpt:

"I can also tell you that he is incredibly lucky to have her, as well. She is physically just gorgeous. She is highly educated. She has considerable professional accomplishments of her own. I guarantee you would all like her"

http://camillekimball.blogspot.com/2013/05/is-juan-martinez-married-camille-gives.html

JW probably can't hold a candle to her and doesn't impress Juan in the least.
I agree...imo a lawyer of JM's professionalism would be turned off by JW's win-by-any-lie method. Looks ain't everything!

WagaraTapaTalk

At what point did JA whisper to JW "who is the foreman?" I'm curious as to what the date of that was.....

Was that the day she was found guilty of 1st degree?

I deleted my last post b/c it came out wrong what I wanted to say

I believe Juan did not call his own DV experts b/c he really thought he didn't need to

People testified that Jodi was the stalker,tire slasher.doggie door bandit etc etc
He also had DD who got those behaviors across to the jury who IMO was way more creditable than ALV
So I think he thought he didn't need to bring a DV expert to counter what ALV said-I mean seriously..who would have thought ANYONE on the jury would believe ALV after the way she was caught in lies & her own behavior on the stand.None of us did!!
But it looks like the FP believed ALV & believed Jodi was abused-SMH
So in hindsight-he should have brought one in to spell out all the behaviors posted by MEEBEE that Jodi went to Travis etc etc
I don't know if it would have changed the 4 lifers,but its obvious the FP believed them both and that is why he voted for life probably-JMO

I deleted my last post b/c it came out wrong what I wanted to say

I believe Juan did not call his own DV experts b/c he really thought he didn't need to

People testified that Jodi was the stalker,tire slasher.doggie door bandit etc etc
He also had DD who got those behaviors across to the jury
So I think he thought he didn't need to bring a DV expert to counter what ALV said-I mean seriously..who would have thought ANYONE on the jury would believe ALV after the way she was caught in lies & her own behavior on the stand.None of us did!!
But it looks like the FP believed ALV & believed Jodi was abused-SMH
So in hindsight-he should have brought one in to spell out all the behaviors posted by MEEBEE that Jodi went to Travis etc etc
I don't know if it would have changed the 4 lifers,but its obvious the FP believed them both and that is why he voted for life probably-JMO

After ALV was caught in her various lies and exaggerations, I don't get why she was allowed to continue testifying. It's scary to think we had a liar testifying and affecting the outcome of a murder trial of all things. What are people thinking?? Dangerous and scary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280
Back