trial thread: 3/21/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AdrianMorrow
  • One letter was typed on a corrections officer's laptop because McClintic hurt her hand punching a wall

@AdrianMorrow
  • Virtually all Terri-Lynne McClintic's letters are signed "Love and Respect" in stylized grafitti script

@AM980_Court
  • McClintic wrote she'd to "necro blood shed ****" on another inmate. She now calls it "very violent".

McClinitic letter said she was bottling up her rage in detention so she could let it out when she got out

McClintic letter has reference to section 187 of the American criminal code. Heavily referenced in hip hop

McClintic letter talks about her devotion to the music of a rapper named Necro

McClinitic letter said she was bottling up her rage in detention so she could let it out when she got out

McClintic letter has reference to section 187 of the American criminal code. Heavily referenced in hip hop

McClintic letter talks about her devotion to the music of a rapper named Necro

@RaffertyLFP
  • McClintic letter vows violence against her own mother "At that time I had a lot of anger - we were fighting" had assaulted her mother twice

@AM980_Court
  • Derstine showing a picture of McClintic dressed in gang colours/clothing. It was her profile picture on a social networking site

@LindaNguyenPN
  • Court now shown screen grab of McClintic's profile page on social network site, Tagged. Her face is covered w Crips blue handkerchief

Derstine "that's not just an idle threat coming from you?"

Derstine "you've beaten up your mother in the past" mcC "I've assaulted her yes... Twice"

McClintic wrote her mom would be "straight up done in" as soon as she was let out of the detention centre.

At that time I had a lot of anger", McClintic says. Admits she assaulted her mother twice.

McClintic letter vows violence against her own mother "At that time I had a lot of anger - we were fighting" had assaulted her mother twice

Terri-Lynne McClintic wrote about "doing in" her mother. "You'd beaten up your mother in the past, right?" Derstine asks.

McClintic confirms that she twice assaulted her mother.

McClintic says she twice assaulted her mother. They had been fighting at the time the letter was written

Court is looking now at photos of McClintic wearing blue bandanas, the Crip colour.

Derstine showing a picture of McClintic dressed in gang colours/clothing. It was her profile picture on a social networking site

The picture was on a site called "tag".

McClintic belonged to a social networking site "tag"

Jury sees a photo of McClintic with a bandana over her face. McC says it represented the crips

Court adjourned until Thursday at ten.

None of this is surprising really to me really. JMO

I want to hear if MR has a juvenile record and also if he had any criminal charges that were dropped against him. JMO

So, is this MR's trial, or TLM's trial? What is the point with all these letters? The point is made, she has a violent past. That is a way of life in those juvenile detention centres. You are either tough (and intimidating), or you get beaten up. She wrote this stuff for shock value. So people would leave her alone. Why did she continue with the act outside of juvie? Because she made friends there that she knew she would lose if she didn't keep it up. The gang thing is more of the same.
I have known many people who went to juvenile detention centres. They are all like this. And claiming to be affiliated with a gang is also quite common. None of them really are. As I said, if you're not tough (or don't talk big and bad enough), you will be picked on. An ex told me about his life in one of these places. None of these letters shock me at all. In fact, I would have been more shocked if they did not exist.
What I would like to know is what it all has to do with MR and with Tori? TLM is a very disturbed woman. We already knew that. She was disturbed before she met Rafferty. Again, already known. Maybe I am missing the point?

:moo:

Just saw the videotape of Det. Smyth's interrogation on CBCN TV - channel 16 on cogeco. Wasn't a very long video.

So, is this MR's trial, or TLM's trial? What is the point with all these letters? The point is made, she has a violent past. That is a way of life in those juvenile detention centres. You are either tough (and intimidating), or you get beaten up. She wrote this stuff for shock value. So people would leave her alone. Why did she continue with the act outside of juvie? Because she made friends there that she knew she would lose if she didn't keep it up. The gang thing is more of the same.
I have known many people who went to juvenile detention centres. They are all like this. And claiming to be affiliated with a gang is also quite common. None of them really are. As I said, if you're not tough (or don't talk big and bad enough), you will be picked on. An ex told me about his life in one of these places. None of these letters shock me at all. In fact, I would have been more shocked if they did not exist.
What I would like to know is what it all has to do with MR and with Tori? TLM is a very disturbed woman. We already knew that. She was disturbed before she met Rafferty. Again, already known. Maybe I am missing the point?

Kamille asked earlier:"Where is the letter to TM?" If TLM hated on anyone who slighted her, she likely wrote about it in her journal writings. If she hated on TM, where are the letters? If Tori was taken to be 'slightly vindictive', where are the letters that precede the abduction? That's what I'm getting out of this. She wrote about stuff she wanted to do and never did them. If she wanted to hurt Tori or her mom, she would have written about it just like she did with all of the others she hated. The defense has demonstrated that she that's what she has done for years. I agree with everything you wrote and have personal experience with youth with similar backgrounds as TLM and saw the same behaviour. She would NOT be the only dangerous person in youth detention by any means. JMO

None of this is surprising really to me really. JMO

I want to hear if MR has a juvenile record and also if he had any criminal charges that were dropped against him. JMO

I don't think we will hear if he does have a juvie record or any stayed charges.

The defence does a good job of getting her young offender charges into the courtroom though. Now the jury knows she has "prior bad acts".

I think the point is that up to now we only have TLM's word for what went down. We know it is MR's car and probably him picking up TLM and Tori but beyond that, the details as to why or who or how are just coming from her. I am not taking anything she says as fact. I am surprised that so many believe everything she has said to this point. I don't know what her motives are for saying what she is saying, and I don't really understand why she changed her mind about who killed Tori but this background info helps me decide if she can be trusted to tell the truth. She stabbed people, she assaulted people... these are facts. Was she led astray by a manipulating pedophile...not seeing it that way, at least not yet. So much of what she says just doesn't ring true to me. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyrose