Trial Thread 4/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rewatched the videos this morning and two things jumped out at me.

Seems to me in the May 12 video MTR is "cockier" than he was on his first visit.

You would think, if you were a concerned and caring boyfriend, that when your gfriend entered the room you would stand up and go to her to give her a hug. She seemed to initiate all the affection.

As for the head petting, stroking, that's what I used to do with my daughter when she would lay in bed sick, although I always thought I was a little gentler than he appeared to be.

As an aside, she certainly has a distinguishable gait to the way she walks.

MHO

Lmao at Rafferty is going to be called to testify

I hope he does...but I just don't believe he will

9:58
Mike Knoll: @zack - no they won't see it in deliberations. Once both sides have wrapped their cases, no more evidence will be submitted.
9:57
Comment From zack
hi mike i would think the content of messages would plan an important role like maybe a confession will the jury see this content in deliberation?
Mike Knoll: @Debra - no chance.
Comment From Debra
Is it possible that Rafferty might take the stand today?
Mike Knoll: @Fergus - so he can't base his testimony on what the other defence witnesses say.

0:01
Mike Knoll: @mary - yes.
10:00
Comment From mary
will the publication ban be fully lifted from TLM's case after the verdict for Rafferty is out?
Mike Knoll: @guest - no
Comment From Guest
Will the public see the content of the text messages?

Argh! I want to see those text messages!

I hope there will be no problems from the two men who tried or took pictures in court yesterday.

Last nights sleep was restless for me with worry

I hope there will be no problems from the two men who tried or took pictures in court yesterday.

Oh dear. I missed that. What happened? Yikes!

AGREED but that being said. If he did indeed rape that little girl (god bless her heart) why is TLM still so smitten with him. Personally I wouldn't want anything to do with him and she had her out by being in detention she didn't need to see him. She could have said she isn't allowed visitors. IMO

(BBM)

Not only that, but she specifically requested that he be allowed phone contact and visitors' privileges. This took paperwork and time. Normally, it was only family that would be permitted. I wonder why it took MTR 11 days after the approval to actually go visit her. Guess he was just too busy.

JMO

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
Raferty approved for visits on April 27th.

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
Usually, only family members are approved.

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court
McClintic approved list included only her mother, her aunt and Michael Rafferty. Rafferty got special approval.

London Free Press‏@RaffertyLFP
Cushing-Mitchener said Rafferty was allowed to be a contact because her mother was gravely ill and Rafferty was "family friend"

Weird, the story isn't on the 104.7 Heart FM page any longer?????

Busy with his job.

Busy with covering up his crime.

IMO

All I heard was that the judge had the two men stand up in court and identify themselves to the jury.

The judge told security to follow them out to their car to get their phones and that the picture from the one man must be deleted

I was frantic that perhaps a mistrial may be an option because of this.

Whomever they are they should be damn ashamed for their behavior jmo

The jury is coming in to the courtroom.

RaffertyLFP: Jury in The first witness is Special Constable Gerald Lanna a forensic video analyst His is Crown's final witness

The crown's final witness is Gerald Lanna.

RaffertyLFP: Lanna is an OPP civilian employee based in Orilla with certification as a forensic video analyst There are only 32 in the world

Lanna is with the OPP. He's special constable, but also a civilian. He's a forensic video anaylst.

He's been with the OPP since 2001. Going over his credentials, as the crown will be asking him for opinion evidence.

RaffertyLFP: Lanna said he took six years of training and has testified in 26 trials

RaffertyLFP: Lanna is an OPP civilian employee based in Orilla with certification as a forensic video analyst There are only 32 in the world

Lanna is with the OPP. He's special constable, but also a civilian. He's a forensic video anaylst.

He's been with the OPP since 2001. Going over his credentials, as the crown will be asking him for opinion evidence.

RaffertyLFP: Lanna said he took six years of training and has testified in 26 trials

Wow...impressive on 32 in the world!

He's one of 33 people with his qualifications world wide.

Police would give Lanna hard drives, for him to look at video footage of suspects.

All I heard was that the judge had the two men stand up in court and identify themselves to the jury.

The judge told security to follow them out to their car to get their phones and that the picture from the one man must be deleted

I was frantic that perhaps a mistrial may be an option because of this.

Whomever they are they should be damn ashamed for their behavior jmo

Me thinks his defenders are getting desperate, moo

Before being hired by the OPP, he was with York Regional Police. Also in video anaylsis.

Could this video expert have an image of sweet little Tori in his car? Maybe he is able to do that... Omg.. poor thing, but what an impact/image that would be to close out the crowns case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500