Tropical Storm Nicole forms, may skirt Florida

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Dark Knight, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

HAVANA – Newly formed Tropical Storm Nicole soaked central and eastern Cuba on Wednesday, washing out some roads but sparing the crumbling buildings of the capital as the system pushed northeast toward the Bahamas.

At least one death was recorded due to flooding in Jamaica.
    The storm had sustained winds of 40 mph (65 kph) and it was not expected to grow much further as it passes over the ocean east of Florida on a track that could carry it over parts of the Bahamas by evening, according to the U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami.

It said the sprawling system could still cause heavy rains and spawn tornadoes in Florida, however.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100929/ap_on_bi_ge/tropical_weather

2. Loading...

3. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

We sure are getting our share of the rain from these storms in NC. Schools are running on a 2 hr delay bc the rains have been so heavy. Its been raining almost non-stop since Sunday!

4. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

I heard Nicole has gotten to NC already and some outlying areas may see 7-14" of rain. Be safe and I am praying for all of you!

5. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

There was some flooding in the area but thankfully no one was hurt. A huge tree in my back yard broke in half but Thank God it didn't fall on our roof.