Two injuries, one serious, at Manhattan's Trump Tower fire - NYC Fire Department

Based on the description that the entire apartment was engulfed in flame by the time fire fighters arrived, I wondered if the debilitating medical condition might have involved the use of in-home oxygen.

The conflagration reminded me of the monk burning himself to death at a busy intersection in the 1960s in Saigon. It seemed like a protest.

From Vanity Fair Levin Report:

But for the unfortunate collection of condominiums and hotels whose buildings bore the dreaded t-word in enormous gold letters, which had basically become the equivalent of hanging a giant banner from an 18th-floor window proclaiming, We love racist blowhards of debatable mental stability and questionable moral conduct, severing relations was easier said than done.

This poor man just wanted out, and his $$ back.

depressing. I'm shocked no one wanted to buy it. You'd think someone would.

There is a massive amount of competition in NY real estate an older building with the name Trump and all the inconvenience of the secret service protection make it a hard sell to potential buyers.

“The Trump Tower apartment where a four-alarm fire killed a 67-year-old art dealer on Saturday did not have a smoke detector, FDNY officials have said.
No working alarm has been found in Todd Brassner's apartment, and New York City's fire department learned of the fire because of detectors in the building's heating and ventilation system, NBC News reported.

The city requires both property owners and tenants to ensure the installation and maintenance of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ire-did-not-smoke-detector.html#ixzz5CDqYTn8J

It is tragic Mr Brassner did not have a smoke alarm.

I was reading the thread about the FBI Raid then it disappeared. Any idea where it went? TIA

I was reading the thread about the FBI Raid then it disappeared. Any idea where it went? TIA

The political threads can get very heated and argumentative which causes a big headache and a lot of hard work for the Websleuths staff. This is why the political part of the forum was removed. I don’t think political threads are allowed now.

The political threads can get very heated and argumentative which causes a big headache and a lot of hard work for the Websleuths staff. This is why the political part of the forum was removed. I don’t think political threads are allowed now.

damn. FBI raid would place this as a criminal investigation rather than a political one I was hoping to follow it here.

“The Trump Tower apartment where a four-alarm fire killed a 67-year-old art dealer was an accident and caused by an 'overloaded power strips,' New York Fire Department officials said.

The department said on social media Monday that multiple power strips were overloaded and confirmed the apartment lacked a smoke detector.

'The fatal 4-alarm fire on April 7 at 721 5th Avenue in Manhattan was accidental, caused by multiple overloaded power strips. There was no smoke alarm present in the fire apartment,' the post said.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-old-art-dealer-accident.html#ixzz5CsWbrHHS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back