Two mothers: a picture is worth a thousand words

I was searching through OregonLive's archives for stuff about Sauvie Island and came across this picture, which I think is worth a thousand words.

Desiree = Tears
Terri = Dry cheeks, no tears, nothing. She's holding a kleenex, in my opinion, for show.

Terri does look worried, but is it about Kyron or herself? :furious:

8636254-standard.jpg

My impression of TH at this presser was of someone trying to PRODUCE emotion... not someone who is devastated and trying to contain their emotion. I can't help but think she was scrunching her forehead and frowning to try to squeeze out a tear. ~MOO~

THIS photo. To me she looks like she's trying her best not to break out in a smile.

Yes, puf it is that same feeling as the video of Case Anthony in handcuffs with the stolen Target jersy on, where she's being led in front of media camerias and she attempts this exact same thing{to hold in a big ol' smile}...CA isn't able to and you see that huge grin break out with even laughter..

It's a gleeful moment you so can tell for CA..she is basking in her new found limelight{all the while knowing she murdered Caylee}..

Disgusting

This may be a timely date to make the point that Jacqueline Kennedy never shed a public tear on the day of her husband's assassination nor at any point in the 3-day funeral. I would agree that it is possible that the body language of these people might say something about the relationships among them; I can't imagine my husband's ex wanting me draped all over her, for example. There was lots of tension there long before Kyron disappeared. We can notice tension, awkward poses and body language, but I don't think we can "interpret" what TH was thinking as she looked up at Desiree. If guilty, TH might have been shocked at the depth of emotion she saw in Desiree or she may have been gauging D's reactions in order to respond (a psychopath move, that would be) or she might have been getting ready to speak or D might have just said something and TH looked at her. Or she might have heard something that made her want to look at D to see if D suspected her. How do we know? If innocent, TH might have felt guilty and awkward because she was the person who took Kyron to school and was the last in the family to see him.

Even if we get conclusive evidence that TH is guilty, how can we know what was in her mind at those moments frozen by photographs?

No one can know for certain what another human being is thinking, for sure.. But actions, upon actions, upon actions certainly lead to speculation of certain agendas, intentions, etc..that all will soon enough come out in a court of law..

Meantime we can make observations, give our opinions on such, etc...

Later, when the casket arrived, the widow removed her wedding ring and slipped it onto the President's finger. She told aide Ken O'Donnell, "Now I have nothing left."[35]

After the president's death, she refused to remove her blood-stained clothing, and regretted having washed the blood off her face and hands. She continued to wear the blood-stained pink suit as she went on board Air Force One and stood next to Johnson when he took the oath of office as President. She told Lady Bird Johnson, "I want them to see what they have done to Jack."[38]

She spent a year in mourning,[43] making few public appearances; during this time, Caroline told one of her teachers that her mother cried frequently.[44][45]

LINK

But mostly, the people who knew Jackie said that she was the epitome of grace and courage. There truly is no comparison between Terri Moulton Horman and Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy.

terri-horman%255B1%255D%255B1%255D.jpg

I have always always thought the drastic difference in Terri's appearance from the time he went missing.

082510_terri_horman-ap2.jpg

Is so very very odd.. Its as if it is not even the same person.. It is not her weight, it is not her hair, it is all in her eyes....

If you look at the first pic it is dark and disturbing eyes.. almost an evil dark...

crying , swollen eyes , no rest, stress, no make up...I dunno..my eyes swell and look goofy when I cry a lot...not to say that is what it is, just a observation on my part..

But you know, they don't look puffy or swollen or red to me at all in the first picture. The expression of the eyes themselves do not match the shape of the eyes, to me. Perhaps that doesn't make sense but if you cover one eye at a time and look at each eye separately, you may be able to tell what I'm talking about. It's as if she is making her eyebrows furrow and her eyes slant down in the "sad" look, without the actual feeling accompanying the position of her face.

Did you watch the entire presser? Did you feel something was...off...as you watched it?
I got a distinctly hinky feeling while watching, as did many others.
It's possible we're all just overy suspicious, but when something makes my "fur stand up" I try to take notice. It's usually correct.

I did and like Kappy, and some others, I did not notice anything initially. I think context makes a difference. I didn't know too much about the case at the time I watched it but I did know that many people were just skewering TH, sometimes unfairly, IMO, like about the kind of car she drove and things like that. I watched it trying very hard to have an open mind and not make assumptions and based on that, I just saw four unhappy people. The way TH cuddled up to Kaine was a little off too me but nothing that screamed guilt, really.

I have pretty much always been good at judging body language, facial expression, vibe. I was good enough that I was asked to read palms at the Renaissance Faire one year, years ago, (early 90's) at $15 a hand. I used to be very good at reading palms and much of it was due to even a subconscious reading of expression, body language, etc. But, perhaps I have lost some of that ability over the years. Using the very analytical part of my brain due to my profession may have changed the way I see things, I don't know. Maybe more dependent on logic and less on gut? Not that the two don't always line up, but you know what I mean. Also, in my line of business, where I see so many fighting parents and step-parents, I was struck by seeing four parents coming together. That is novel in my line of work. Maybe that's what influenced me.

I say all of this because I'm certain TH did something to Kyron, and I'm certain that someone who can do something like that would not be able to perfectly hide the signs that something is off.

I do know that after I became certain that TH was involved (when the RO was filed and she failed to fight it) I watched the presser again. In that light, especially after hearing how Desiree felt that day, TH's body language seemed much more strange. Her pawing of DY and Kaine repulsed me in that context.

I guess I'm trying to say that I don't mistrust the instinct of the majority on this one but I understand why some/many could have viewed that presser and not really seen anything wrong, especially when trying hard to have an open mind! :twocents:

It's been awhile and I know much more now. I'll watch again and see what I notice. I love all the posts. It's great to read what people notice and what they don't!

As far as this presser and the demeanors of the parents, I don't care to speculate (much). Unless I know the people very well, I think it's a guessing game. Plus any still photo is a snapshot of a moment. But, IMO, even a video isn't a given.

For example, TH seemingly leaning more towards DY than the LEO, well, Kaine's empty spot is there, LOL, while he is up at the mic.

I do like to sometimes participate in photo "caption" games for entertainment. This case is too sad to do that, though. Maybe someday after someone(s) is in prison and Kyron is found safe...

And today is the 47th anniversary of JFK's assassination. Amazing--has it really been that long ago?

Let's get back on topic here please this isn't about the Kennedy family. xoxo

I bet she has rosacea. Neither here nor there, but stress can exacerbate it.

Hi all, my second post!!
The picture where Terri is looking up to Desiree always makes me think of Judas Iscariot and in fact I'm sure I have seen a painting depicting that very look when he peers up at Jesus knowing what he has done.
It's certainly a 'look' that says something- perhaps betrayal.

Hi all, my second post!!
The picture where Terri is looking up to Desiree always makes me think of Judas Iscariot and in fact I'm sure I have seen a painting depicting that very look when he peers up at Jesus knowing what he has done.

:Welcome-12-june: Gecko :woohoo:

Glad you're here to post and ITA with your 2nd post- didn't see your first, lol, but I'm sure it was just as good!

Correct, Terri was certainly not living in a vacuum, all the more reason to look to her space and whom was in her immediate proximity.

I wish that, just for a moment, we would take a step back. Every person you are referring to in your post has been found guilty, yes? Have you never heard those kinds of things said about someone who turned out to be innocent?

Not sure why there seems to be such a rush to judgment in this case. We all want Kyron found. We all want him to be loved, appreciated and cared for. Many of us would take him in ourselves in a NYminute and put him under our protective wings, maybe that's it, IDK, but I see a huge rush to judgment here.

JMO, When I first saw that first family presser, June 11, all of the parents behavior looked suspect to me. As most of us who were following the case back then agreed, why on earth did they wait a week to come forward to plead for their son's return.? It was all weird. I can't go into why or whom I think looked weird, but that's okay. I can say this now, and it can explain Terri's demeanor, Terri had been through multiple hour long interviews with LE by then, (up to 5 hours at a time from what I understand). She looks like a puppy looking for nothing more than approval to me. Someone who's saying "please don't throw me under the bus, don't throw me off the team, I didn't have anything to do with it".

Now, that's just what I see, as in JBean's example above, some will see different. So what? Doesn't get us any closer to finding Kyron. I want to know what the task force is doing? What have they found? To heck with all this other stuff, but then, that's JMO.

I know I did not rush to judgment. I really took my time to determine how I felt. I looked at the case from all angles and I did it because I felt some were judging TH unfairly. I wanted to be very open-minded.
I think most websleuthers, though, even those who felt from the beginning that something was wrong with TH, did not rush to judgment, however. So much information has come out now that has led to the belief, IMO, that TH is guilty of something horrible having to do with Kyron. It's an accumulation of things, not a rush to judgment.

"9/10 You'd spot Hannibal Lector in seconds at an Open Source conference. Your liver's safe."

:p

That's what mine said. The only one I got wrong was a computer programmer who I guessed as a serial killer. So maybe I have not lost as much as I thought I have when it comes to instinct about people. If anything, perhaps I'm a bit too suspicious! Or maybe it's just a game and I was lucky!
I find it interesting, however, that they compare computer programmers with serial killers. Maybe because both lack emotion, in a way, I don't know. Of course, it's not really that they lack emotion - computer types tend to be stoic, and serial killers feel great emotion for themselves and no on else, usually, so since they know they don't feel the way others do, they keep their faces impassive rather than blowing it by showing what they really feel which is often very, very off.

Hi all, my second post!!

Wow. Dead on. Really good observation.

I scored nine out of ten but one I recognized (Son of Sam).

Nine out of ten was my score also, but I really did go by the eyes. Maybe I've been dealing with adolescents exlaining why their homework isn't completed for too many years...LOL!

LOL I got three out of ten and one of the programmers I know personally, but I didn't recognize him from the young picture!

(But I do know a narcissist when I see one)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back