TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote in a previous post that PC had attended Liberty High School before Plano Senior. His tweeter account liked a meme of a name spelled with guns on February 13, 2017.

Feb 13, 2017 was the day when 13 year old Liberty German and Abigail Williams were murdered in Delphi, Indiana. Totally unrelated coincidence.

When PC and his twin sister were also 13, they were left home alone during Christmas, after their mother left home, and their drug-addict dad ended up in jail for stealing.

If I had to venture a semi professional guess about any pharmaceutical he may or may not have been taking, anabolic steroids would be my initial response.
I base this solely on the picture from 4 years ago and his mug shot.
I won't post it because I refuse to give him a name or a face.
There's something that occurs in the trapezoid muscles.
I have heard ZERO about what hobbies he had or if he lifted weights at home or anywhere else for that matter
JMO

Here is a quote from that source. The financial analyst does not believe that Dicks will suffer significant negative long term effects from their decision not to sell assault style weapons:

"Ahead of the firm’s fourth-quarter earnings report, due before the market open Tuesday, Susquehanna Financial LLLP analyst Sam Poser said he expects Dick’s to put up better-than-expected results as it laps the previous year’s headwinds related to its then-new firearms policy.

“We believe, over the long-term, that the number of consumers that do not like the firearms policy Dick’s has adopted will be more than offset by the number of new, sports-oriented customers"

I wrote in a previous post that PC had attended Liberty High School before Plano Senior. His tweeter account liked a meme of a name spelled with guns on February 13, 2017.

Feb 13, 2017 was the day when 13 year old Liberty German and Abigail Williams were murdered in Delphi, Indiana. Totally unrelated coincidence.

When PC and his twin sister were also 13, they were left home alone during Christmas, after their mother left home, and their drug-addict dad ended up in jail for stealing.
I don't know the source of your information about PC and his twin sister but if it is true it simply underscores the point as children they lived in a highly dysfunctional environment. Children who are raised in such dysfunction can turn into very toxic adults. Our prisons are full of people who were forced to live in highly dysfunctional environments as children.

JMO

Has it been reported the monster in the case was on psychiatric meds? I may have missed it with so much info and this post may be OT.

In SOME people these medications can have serious adverse side effects. However in most cases, the symptoms are noticed when the person BEGINS taking the medication, therefore the medication can be changed to something the individual can tolerate.
It does beg the "which came first? the chicken or the egg" question. Did people on these medications commit violent acts because of the medications OR because of the underlying mental health issues or personality disorders the medications were used to treat? I believe it's the latter. MOO
No he wasn't, I had responded to someone who said mental illness didn't really play a part in mass shootings.

I think the meds play a role in some cases but not others. I think in some cases the side effects push people over the edge. Look into the writings of James Holmes and it provides some insight into what the drugs we're doing to someone who was already having homicidal thoughts

I wonder what happens in Canada or in Europe?
Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors and Violent Crime: A Cohort Study

That goes into a study done in Sweden.

NHS prescribed record number of antidepressants last year

Nearly 71 million prescriptions in the US for antidepressants. That's almost twice the population of Canada.

There's been cases of violence linked to people on these drugs all over the world. It seems they effect the under 24 age range much more than they do all the other age groups.

A ban on assault weapons might mitigate the damage of an impulse shooter. However, someone bent on causing multiple casualties, there are better ways than assault rifles.
Maybe. But I'm guessing there a certain satisfaction these shooters get that those, "better ways" can't provide . Otherwise why aren't they using those better ways?

They literally want to be right there, picking people off. A foot soldier on a mission...

In fact, this delusional psycho refers to himself as a leader of a revolution,and he urges those who choose to follow him, to choose soft targets with this interesting nugget :

"Remember: it is not cowardly to pick low hanging fruit. AKA Don’t attack heavily guarded areas to fulfill your super soldier COD fantasy. Attack low security targets."

Call Of Duty is a first person shooter game. I found the reference ...interesting ...nothing more.

But there seems to be an obvious "fantasy" for these murderous young men that definitely includes going in guns blazing. imo

Eta: Banning video games, guns, music, that the vast majority of people enjoy without becoming psychopathic murderers, is not the solution, any more than a Trump presidency was the cause.

There are a multitude of factors that are behind the fact that we, as a society, have created the most violent young men is the world. im(tired)o.

Last edited:
The El Paso shooting suspect’s mother called the Allen, Texas Police Department weeks before the shooting because she was concerned about her son owning an “AK” type firearm, lawyers for the family tell CNN. The mother did not provide her name or her son’s name to police.
According to the family’s attorneys, the mother’s inquiry was “informational” in nature and was not motivated out of a concern that her son posed a threat to anybody.
During the call, the mother was transferred to a public safety officer who told her that—based on her description of the situation—her son, 21, was legally allowed to purchase the weapon, the attorneys said.
Shimon Prokupecz (@ShimonPro) on Twitter

The El Paso shooting suspect’s mother called the Allen, Texas Police Department weeks before the shooting because she was concerned about her son owning an “AK” type firearm, lawyers for the family tell CNN. The mother did not provide her name or her son’s name to police.
According to the family’s attorneys, the mother’s inquiry was “informational” in nature and was not motivated out of a concern that her son posed a threat to anybody.
During the call, the mother was transferred to a public safety officer who told her that—based on her description of the situation—her son, 21, was legally allowed to purchase the weapon, the attorneys said.
Shimon Prokupecz (@ShimonPro) on Twitter

Here is the story

El Paso suspect's mother called police concerned about gun - CNN

This is absolutely MOO and I know there are people who will disagree with me. I won't go any further with this topic after this post.

I am not interested in politics. I avoid confrontation and arguments. My feelings about Trump are neither here nor there, especially right now.

I did not watch the coverage of his visit today but I *personally* was a-ok with him coming. IMO it is not the time for angry protests.

What El Pasoans need right now is to come together as one, love each other, mourn our terrible losses and pay tribute to the victims.

That IS happening, a lot. Again, on Monday when I visited the site to pay tribute, I did what I went there to do, stood in silence thinking what I needed to think, hoping what I needed to hope...

As I was walking back to my car, a gentleman stopped me and said something kind because I was clearly falling apart. I blurted out "can I hug you"? And we hugged. Two people who'd never met, grieving. In the middle of the throng of mourners and reporters and satellite trucks and LE, we just hugged.

Thank you "Rocky". You saved me in that moment and I know you needed a hug, too.

MOO

Here is video of his car and going across the intersection. I suppose this is still the Walmart parking lot. I was confused by seeing the buildings or apartments across the street. There is another video that shows the apartments, it looked like it may have been a block away. In any case it does seem to be at the far end of the parking lot by the street. So had he gone to his car and they intercepted him there and not inside the store at all?
El Paso shooting suspect branded ‘weird’ boy who ‘would pick his nose and eat scabs’

I am interested to hear (I guess maybe at the trial) what happened from the time he stopped shooting in the store and then leaving. It is fairly surprising to me that he was able to make it back to his car and drive a little.

I am interested to hear (I guess maybe at the trial) what happened from the time he stopped shooting in the store and then leaving. It is fairly surprising to me that he was able to make it back to his car and drive a little.

I'm still amazed he made it into the store since he was shooting people outside. A little surprised nobody ran him over. However it's likely that there was just not a vehicle driving close enough at that moment.

I wonder if Patrick Crusius may have had history of bullying like with Connor Betts.

I know many mass killers have history of bullying like Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, Elliot Rodger, Nikolas Cruz, Devin Kelley, Stephen Paddock, Omar Mateen, Charles Whitman, Seung-Hui Cho, and Osama bin Laden.

I'm still amazed he made it into the store since he was shooting people outside. A little surprised nobody ran him over. However it's likely that there was just not a vehicle driving close enough at that moment.

Another great question. I was a bit surprised that with 1000-3000 people in that store, in TEXAS no less, no one carrying didn't approach him.

On the previous page there was comment about WalMart selling guns. It is getting harder to buy anything at WalMart because they have such a shoplifting problem. I can't buy makeup at WalMart anymore. It's all locked...just like the freaking spray paint!! No way will I summon a clerk to come unlock a case, when I can purchase the same stuff at my local grocery store or Walgreens without it being treated like a "controlled substance".

So, I decide to go there yesterday. This time, I decide to buy clothes. When I get to the dressing room, they have remodeled the dressing rooms, so that there are only 3 stalls for the entire store!! Parents were sneaking in clothes for their kids. Then a lady got mad at me cuz I was upset at having to wait a half hour.

Their garden supplies have taken a nose dive over the past 10 years. The plants are in horrific shape. There really doesn't seem any reason for me to go into WalMart anymore and I live 3 miles from WalMart. Maybe guns is all they will be able to sell at the rate they are going.

ETA: My BIL is an optometrist at WalMart. He had to buy a cheap wallet during his lunch break. Guess what??? They were all locked up. Next they'll be locking up toothpaste.

Rant over!

Last edited:
I have been seeing a connection made here that mass shooters tend to have been bullies before, and I thought that wasn't what I remembered, but I just now had time to look it up.

It seems the shooters are most often the bullied, not the bullies.

About 71 percent of school shooters felt "persecuted, bullied, threatened, attacked or injured" leading up to their rampage, according to Secret Service data. Bullied high schoolers are also more than twice as likely to bring guns or knives to school as their non-bullied peers.

snip

A profile of a school shooter "does not exist," the FBI surmised in a threat assessment report. Generalized assumptions that school shooters were bullied perpetuate a false idea that school shooters all fit a mold—or that bullied students are at risk of becoming school shooters, said Peter Langman, a private practice psychologist and school shooting expert.

Talking about bullying in the wake of school shootings can be dangerous, experts say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01