TX - 7 Kids Removed From Squalid Texas Home

Apparently the words Birth Control mean little to these dirtballs!

Ahh, c'mon Amra, they can't afford birth control with all those kids.... ugh!

Stories like this make me sick. If you can't afford them, don't want the responsibility, aren't going to care for and love them - DONT HAVE THEM!!!!! Those poor kids. Breaks my heart.... :(

Ahh, c'mon Amra, they can't afford birth control with all those kids.... ugh!

Stories like this make me sick. If you can't afford them, don't want the responsibility, aren't going to care for and love them - DONT HAVE THEM!!!!! Those poor kids. Breaks my heart.... :(

But Jules that would be what responsible people do!

PS.. birth control is free from Planned parenthood! (or close to it)

This is sad and disgusting. How does a woman 4 months pregnant have an 11 month old, unless that baby was a premie?

People need to hound CPS and the judge in this case and ensure these kids are not given back to the parents.

Why weren't CPS checking in on this family? With more kids than when the case was opened and closed, they should have had regular drop ins.

These 2 parents are losers and should be sterlized. I wish a judge would order them not to have any more kids or face prison.

Our niece and her husband tried for three years to get pregnant, Dr. said they had a slim chance for it, they gave up, and a year later she got pregnant, had a healthy boy, when he was 5 mos old, BOOM, she was pregnant again!!. My SIL, had hers 11 mos to the day apart, so it is possible, I just thank God something like that didn't happen to me!! :woohoo:

This is a heartbreaking story....

LUBBOCK – Gloria Ramirez was four months pregnant when she delivered a stillborn baby inside a filthy, rat-infested home and placed the fetus in a baby wipe box in the refrigerator.

Authorities came to the home that same day in July 2007 after she or her husband, Anthony Moya, 42, called a funeral home to ask about a casket for the fetus.

Seven children lived in the squalid home with the couple. Investigators found dirty diapers stacked nearly 4 feet high in closets throughout the house, which was infested by rats, roaches and lice, documents show.

~snip~

Jury selection begins today, May 4, 2009.

http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/d...-mom_03met.ART0.Central.Edition1.4a9ac77.html

:( What a sad story. It's heart wrenching to read/hear of children living in those kinds of conditions.

:furious: :eek::behindbar

the article says,
In 1999, CPS temporarily removed the two oldest children from the couple's home because of neglect.

So, they were already under the CPS radar, and the situation was allowed to get this bad? Ten years and eight more kids and no checks during that time? I'm sure it didn't get this bad overnight,

Not a well handled case, IMO.

Jeez she just keeps spitting out more kids! Depriving those poor babies of food and making them live in deplorable conditions like that.. it makes me so mad that people like this can keep having more and more kids, while others who so deserve it have a difficult time conceiving or can't have children at all. I hope all of those kids find good, loving homes where they will be fed and cared for like they deserve.

ok so she forced her children to live in those nasty conditions but she wanted a casket for a 4 month old fetus... wth is wrong with her.

ok so she forced her children to live in those nasty conditions but she wanted a casket for a 4 month old fetus... wth is wrong with her.

I agree. It is horrible to keep having babies when you cannot support the ones you already have.. What sad contitions these children have to live under. It is really very unfair to the kids. Breaks your heart what some people do.

Always
Gozgals

I've been following this case as news shows up here in the local paper. This woman AFTER having those seven children taken away got pregnant and gave birth to twins. Now, during her trial she is very pregnant with yet another child, her tenth. I'm not sure what happened with the twins or what will happen to this latest baby. Also, when the kids were taken away their Grandma was travelling here to pick them up and was killed in a car crash on the way. Very tragic for the grandma and horrible for the children to live that way.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090507/ap_on_re_us/us_children_removed_trial_3

The terrible mom has been found guilty of six counts of child endangerment and one count of injury to a child. Ramirez blamed her husband for not helping her clean and claims to have been afraid to ask him to help. My local paper reported on the 11 years old daughter's testimony. She said that from the age of 8 she had to cook and care for all the other kids. Her mom would play with a new infant then as it got older she would ignore the child, putting into the crib and not paying any more attention. The little girl said they had to bath out back with a water hose, were prisoners inside and ordered not to answer the door or speak to anyone in case someone found out about their living conditions. Years of eating only one meal per day and being threatened that they'd be killed if they told anyone. The mom also blamed the children for the death of the stillborn baby for not letting the lazy mom get enough sleep. I hope she gets life and her husband too when he's tried. Don't know her sentence yet.

10 years! How is that fair or just? My niece was one of the caseworkers that was involved after the children were taken away. She said it was one of the saddest situations she had ever seen. Of course, she says that about each and every one of her cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back