TX - 80 yr old husband with brain tumor kills wife, Houston, 6 SEPT 2018

CocoChanel

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Family-Man-80-charged-in-killing-has-brain-13215474.p
The accused had been diagnosed with a brain tumor earlier this year, and has been cognitively incapacitated in recent months. His wife, suffering from a “massive” head wound tried to get help from construction workers at a nearby home but they refused to open the door for fear of getting blood in the house. WHAT?!?!?
Absolutely TRAGIC on many levels. Many more details at the link.

Last edited:
The quotes from owner of the home where the construction workers were a bit cold. It doesn’t seem like a particularly close knit community.

The quotes from owner of the home where the construction workers were a bit cold. It doesn’t seem like a particularly close knit community.

I am from the area. That is a nice part of Houston that was hit very hard by Hurricane Harvey. It is a close knit community and there are construction crews all over rebuilding homes. The construction workers did seem cold but have zero to do with the neighborhood.

I am from the area. That is a nice part of Houston that was hit very hard by Hurricane Harvey. It is a close knit community and there are construction crews all over rebuilding homes. The construction workers did seem cold but have zero to do with the neighborhood.

I agree that it is a nice upscale area of Houston, and that it IS close-knit, not only because I too am in that part of town, but also the neighbors knew the couple well enough to be aware of the brain tumor and the change in the husband’s behavior. I also want to note that it is likely the neighbor making the quote about the construction workers at his home might have given a longer statement to the reporter, but the part that was included in the article sounds cold taken by itself without the preceding or succeeding things he may have said. IMHO

True, the neighbor knew about the brain tumor. I thought the description by the neighbor (wife) of the actions of the mortally wounded wife to be clinical as well. Perhaps a reporting style; perhaps it’s a distancing from the terrible tragedy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back