TX - Abigail “Abby” Young, Up for Parole on a Yearly Basis

I am looking through some of the videos pertaining to Emma Thompson. This is a video with excellent info.

This aired on 11/6/14 on FOX26 News - Houston, TX. It was prepared by Katie McCall, Reporter and Anchor, who was with FOX26 - Houston at the time.

At the time, Katie McCall (formerly with ABC - KTRK News - Houston) went to work at FOX26 - Houston. The video is 6:40 minutes/seconds long. Katie McCall covered both trials (Abigail Young and later Lucas Coe) when she was a Reporter with KTRK - ABC - Houston, TX.

I attended every day of Lucas Coe's trial and would see Katie nearly every day. I commuted over 150 miles round trip to and from Houston to attend Coe's trial.

In this video, Katie McCall interviewed Amanda Young Mathews, Emma Thompson's maternal aunt (Abigail Young's sister) and Colleen Barnett, the Lead Prosecutor in the Abigail Young and Lucas Coe trials. This is a copy and paste:

Katie McCall - Reporter/Anchor with FOX26 News - Houston, TX interview
with Amanda Mathews, Emma Thompson's maternal aunt,
and Colleen Barnett, the Lead Prosecutor in the trials of
Abigail Young (Emma Thompson's mother) and Lucas Coe ( Young's boyfriend at the time).

This interview aired on the FOX26 News at 9 pm on 11/6/14 and was uploaded to YouTube by Amanda Mathews on 11/7/14.

Last edited:
It's that time again. Abigail Young is once again up for parole.
Please help stop this monster from going free again.
Emma's paternal grandmother Laurie Thompson joins us tonight on Websleuths YouTube Live at 10:30 PM Eastern.

Let's inundate this board so they know Young needs to serve every minute of her sentence. Below is a message from Emma's grandmother Laurie Thompson which includes all the info you need to write the parole board.

Abigail Young's parole appeal is AGAIN in full swing and we need everyone's help protesting her eligibility for parole. In 2010 she received a 20-year sentence and in the name of justice, it is only right for her to serve her sentence in its entirety. To this day, she continues to deny her complicity and refuses to acknowledge any accountability in my 4-year-old granddaughter (Emma's) brutal physical and sexual assault resulting in her death. Young has NEVER once expressed any remorse. The following information MUST be included in either your subject line and/or the text of your letter: Offender: Young, Abigail Elizabeth State ID# 08428403 TDCJ #: 01668233 Email your letter to: victim.svc@tdcj.texas.gov Her refusal to acknowledge her complicity, her lack of remorse, and her violent nature continue to pose an ongoing, clear and present danger to the people of Texas. Your letter does not need to be long or detailed; it can be just one or 2 sentences but it should be sent as soon as possible for the Parole Board to review. On behalf of Emma and in her memory, we thank you.
1f940.png
Please ask your listeners to help too. They do NOT have to be residents of Texas to send letters and it helps if they say what city and state they are from so the Parole Bd has an appreciation for how wide-ranging this case has been felt.

Just sent my letter. This woman needs to serve ever second of her sentence. (Shame it can't be more!) What a horrific circumstance for that child to suffer. You think you have seen evil that people do then something comes along and shows you even worse. This poor baby.

Abigail Elizabeth Young was denied parole, by the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles, on Thursday, 3-23-23.

In December, 2022, Abigail Young became eligible for parole review . . . again.

There were many letters written, from all over the world, to the Texas Board of Pardons & Paroles opposing parole for Abigail Elizabeth Young.

Most recently (in March, 2023), Laurie Thompson, paternal grandmother of Emma Thompson; Amanda Young Mathew, sister of Abigail Young and Emma Thompson's maternal aunt and others, who requested their name not be mentioned, testified and opposed parole in front of the members of the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles in Austin, TX.

On Thursday, 3/23/23, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles denied Abigail Elizabeth Young parole.

Abigail Elizabeth Young was sentenced to 20 years in prison. In September, 2023, Young will have served 13 years of her 20 year sentence.

The following are the reasons why Abigail Elizabeth Young was denied parole, Note: The all caps appear on the Texas Department of Criminal Justice website.

Parole Review Information

Name: SID Number: TDCJ Number:

YOUNG,ABIGAIL ELIZABETH 08428403 01668233

Parole Review Status

Not in Parole Review

The offender is currently not in the review process.

Last Parole Decision

Denied on 03/23/2023

DMS (03/2024)- Deny release to Discretionary Mandatory Supervision and set for next review.

Denial reason(s): 9D1, 9D2, 2D

2D NATURE OF OFFENSE - THE RECORD INDICATES THE INSTANT OFFENSE HAS ELEMENTS OF BRUTALITY, VIOLENCE, ASSAULTIVE BEHAVIOR, OR CONSCIOUS SELECTION OF VICTIM'S VULNERABILITY INDICATING A CONSCIOUS DISREGARD FOR THE LIVES, SAFETY, OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS, SUCH THAT THE OFFENDER POSES A CONTINUING THREAT TO PUBLIC SAFETY.

9D1 DISCRETIONARY MANDATORY SUPERVISION - THE RECORD INDICATES THAT THE OFFENDER'S ACCRUED GOOD CONDUCT TIME IS NOT AN ACCURATE REFLECTION OF THE OFFENDER'S POTENTIAL FOR REHABILITATION.

9D2 DISCRETIONARY MANDATORY SUPERVISION - THE RECORD INDICATES THAT THE OFFENDER'S RELEASE WOULD ENDANGER THE PUBLIC.

Next Parole Review Date

03/2024

Source:

https://inmate.tdcj.texas.gov/Inmat...dcj=01668233&fullName=YOUNG,ABIGAIL+ELIZABETH
The Texas Department of Criminal Justice -- Abigail Elizabeth Young - Inmate

A special thanks to Tricia Arrington Griffith, owner of Websleuths, for having Laurie Thompson as her guest on her show in January, 2023. Also, special thanks to Tricia for encouraging her members of Websleuths to write a letter opposing parole for Abigail Elizabeth Young.

A very special thank you to everyone who wrote a letter, to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (TBPP), and asked the TBPP to deny Young parole.

The paternal grandmother of Emma Thompson and Thompson family spokesperson, Laurie Thompson, sincerely appreciates you writing an opposition letter and is most grateful and appreciative to all of you.

The maternal aunt of Emma Thompson and sister of Abigail Elizabeth Young, Amanda Mathew, is very appreciative and grateful to everyone who wrote a parole opposition letter to TBPP.

In September, 2023, Young will have served 13 years of her 20 year sentence.

Emma Thomson was born on 3/29/2005. On Wednesday, March 29,2023, Emma would have been 18 years old.

~ ~ ~ Emma Thompson . . . Gone . . . but never, ever forgotten! ~ ~ ~

Fly high, precious Emma Thompson! :)

March 29, 2023

Emma Thompson's 18th Birthday in Heaven!

Happy Birthday in Heaven, precious Emma Thompson!
1f495.png
1f388.png
1f38a.png

Today you would be 18 years old.
afro

At the age of 4, you flew up to Heaven in the arms of an angel on June 27, 2009!

Emma liked the color purple and lavender. So . . . the following is in purple for Emma!

~~~ Emma Thompson . . . Gone . . . but never, ever forgotten ~~~
Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 - (Thread #2) - Page 4 643974

PAROLE DENIED - Abigail Elizabeth Young -- 4/5/2024

On 11/7/23, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice began processing Abigail Elizabeth Young's case for review by the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles. The purpose of this review is for the Board to decide whether to release the offender, Abigail Elizabeth Young, to supervision (parole).

Today, April 5, 2024, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (TBPP) denied parole for Young! When the Texas Department of Criminal Justice indicates the reasons Young was denied parole, I will post them on this thread.

A special thank you to everyone who wrote a letter to TBPP and requested parole be denied for Young. You are a voice for Emma Thompson! Your letter is greatly appreciated and it is read by members of TBPP who reviewed Young.

In 2010, Abigail Elizabeth Young was sentenced to 20 years in prison and she should serve all 20 years! She will have served 14 years in prison this year. No parole for Young is continued justice for her daughter, barely 4 years old Emma Thompson.

Justice for precious Emma Thompson continues!
afro

1712460222541.png
Mug shot: Harris County Sheriff's Office - Jail - Houston, Texas -- 2009
Note: This mug shot is from 2009. It is not current 2024.

Reasons why Abigail Elizabeth Young was denied parole on 4/5/24 by the Texas Board of Pardons and Parole:

The following are the reasons why Abigail Elizabeth Young was denied parole. Note: The all caps appear on the Texas Department of Criminal Justice website.

Parole Review Information

Name: SID Number: TDCJ Number:

YOUNG, ABIGAIL ELIZABETH 08428403 01668233

Parole Review Status

Not in Parole Review

The offender is currently not in the review process.

Last Parole Decision

Denied on 04/05/2024

DMS (04/2025)- Deny release to Discretionary Mandatory Supervision and set for next review.

Denial reason(s): 2D, 9D1, 9D2

2D NATURE OF OFFENSE
- THE RECORD INDICATES THE INSTANT OFFENSE HAS ELEMENTS OF BRUTALITY, VIOLENCE, ASSAULTIVE BEHAVIOR, OR CONSCIOUS SELECTION OF VICTIM'S VULNERABILITY INDICATING A CONSCIOUS DISREGARD FOR THE LIVES, SAFETY, OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS, SUCH THAT THE OFFENDER POSES A CONTINUING THREAT TO PUBLIC SAFETY.

9D1 DISCRETIONARY MANDATORY SUPERVISION - THE RECORD INDICATES THAT THE OFFENDER'S ACCRUED GOOD CONDUCT TIME IS NOT AN ACCURATE REFLECTION OF THE OFFENDER'S POTENTIAL FOR REHABILITATION.

9D2 DISCRETIONARY MANDATORY SUPERVISION - THE RECORD INDICATES THAT THE OFFENDER'S RELEASE WOULD ENDANGER THE PUBLIC.

Next Parole Review Date

04/2025

Source: Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Inmate: Young, Abigail Elizabeth

https://inmate.tdcj.texas.gov/InmateSearch/reviewDetail.action?sid=08428403&tdcj=01668233&fullName=YOUNG,ABIGAIL+ELIZABETH

Last edited:
A belated birthday to precious Emma Thompson . . .
1712459623942.png

On Friday, March 29, 2024, you would have been 19 years old!
At the age of 4, you flew up to Heaven in the arms of an angel on June 27, 2009!

Happy Birthday in Heaven, precious Emma Thompson!
afro

~~~ Emma Thompson . . . Gone . . . but never, ever forgotten ~~~ 1712460628650.png

Note:
The above picture of Emma Thompson was taken in a field of bluebonnets at the family ranch in Brenham, TX on Easter Sunday, April 12, 2009.

This is a happy Emma . . . before her mother, Abigail Elizabeth Young, brought Lucas R. Coe into Emma's life.

On June 27, 2009, Emma died a horrific death . . . brutally sexually assaulted and beat to death by Lucas R. Coe. She was barely 4 years old!

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with this case but after a quick read it's good to see her NOT getting out
what happened to her evil boyfriend who she thought was more important than her own daughter?

I'm not familiar with this case but after a quick read it's good to see her NOT getting out
what happened to her evil boyfriend who she thought was more important than her own daughter?
Hi, LadyL:

Abigail Young's younger boyfriend/lover, Lucas R. Coe, was sentenced to Life Without the Possibility of Parole. He will never be released from prison! He is serving his time at a Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) prison.

I will try to find a pic of him the date he was arrested. If so, I will post it in this comment. Found it!

LadyL, this pic is the day/night Lucas Ruric Coe was arrested in August, 2009. As you can see, Coe was wearing a t-shirt:
It is all fun and games until the cops show up.

This picture was taken after he had been interrogated by the Harris County Homicide deputy investigators in Houston, Texas. He was in the process of being transported to the Harris County Sheriff's Office - Jail in Houston, Texas.

1712462524384.png

Last edited:
The following is a picture of Abigail Young after her court hearing on 8/12/2009 in Houston, Harris County, Texas.

Just a reminder . . . Abigail Young was a Registered Nurse at the time of her arrest. She was employed by a greater Houston, Texas area hospital at the time of Emma Thompson's brutal, horrific death in June, 2009.

At the time of her arrest in August, 2009, she was employed as a Registered Nurse at Trinity Hospital (now known as Baylor Scott & White Hospital) in her hometown, Brenham, Washington County, Texas. She had been employed by Trinity for a brief while.

Young was arrested at Trinity Hospital and taken into custody. Later that very day/night, she was transported to Houston, Harris County, Texas. She was eventually processed into the Harris County Jail - Houston, Harris County, Texas.

Her arrest in Washington County was coordinated with the arrest of Lucas Ruric Coe in Montgomery County, Texas. In other words, they were both arrested at the same time but in two different counties.

Coe was transported to Houston, Harris County, TX. Harris County Sheriff's Office in Houston, Harris County, Texas coordinated the arrests of Young and Coe to take place at the same time even though in 2 different counties.

Great job by all of the law enforcement officers in this coordinated effort.

1712461542246.png
Abigail Young
Photo By Melissa Phillip/Chronicle
Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX

Last edited:
August, 2009 Mug shots of Abigail Elizabeth Young and Lucas Ruric Coe

Source: Harris County Sheriff's Office - Jail -- Houston, Harris County, Texas

1712462955036.png

I’m glad to see this evil witch is not going anywhere. She can keep on playing the victim until they have to release her, although I’ve always hoped she would misbehave so they add time to her sentence, I guess it hasn’t happened yet.

Ann-Tx are there updated prison pictures of them? Especially her, I want to see proof that prison doesn’t agree with her. She was still a young woman when she went to prison. I’m so glad she is losing 20 prime years of her life behind bars.

This is a picture of Emma Thompson's last Christmas and was taken in December, 2008 at her maternal grandmother's home in Brenham, Texas. She was 3 years old.

I attended Lucas Ruric Coe's trial in Houston, Texas. This picture was introduced into evidence . . . a happy Emma in her beautiful robe which was among her Christmas presents.

This picture was left on two large screens that were on the walls of the State of Texas District Court room in Houston, Harris County, Texas.

Also, in a previous post above, the picture of Emma Thompson in the field of bluebonnets was introduced into evidence and it was left on the two screens for quite a while.

1712465780684.png

Last edited:
I’m glad to see this evil witch is not going anywhere. She can keep on playing the victim until they have to release her, although I’ve always hoped she would misbehave so they add time to her sentence, I guess it hasn’t happened yet.

Ann-Tx are there updated prison pictures of them? Especially her, I want to see proof that prison doesn’t agree with her. She was still a young woman when she went to prison. I’m so glad she is losing 20 prime years of her life behind bars.
abyquinn, I have never seen Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison mug shots of Young or Coe.

In the past, whenever mainstream media included a picture with an article, they used the mug shots from Harris County Sheriff's Office - Jail.

I wish I could see an updated pic and see what they both look like now after serving almost 14 years in prison. Unlike a case I followed in Florida, the State of Texas does not have current mug shots available to the public. They have mug shots but they are not posted on the inmate's "page".

It was really something when the above pic (previous post) of Lucas R. Coe, in the process of being transported to the Harris County Jail (Houston), was posted by Houston mainstream media. When Coe was arrested in Montgomery County, that is the t-shirt he had on: "It is all fun and games until the cops show up." Coe's sick fun and games came to an end!

abyquinn, I have never seen Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison mug shots of Young or Coe.

In the past, whenever mainstream media included a picture with an article, they used the mug shots from Harris County Sheriff's Office - Jail.

I wish I could see an updated pic and see what they both look like now after serving almost 14 years in prison. Unlike a case I followed in Florida, the State of Texas does not have current mug shots available to the public. They have mug shots but they are not posted on the inmate's "page".

It was really something when the above pic (previous post) of Lucas R. Coe, in the process of being transported to the Harris County Jail (Houston), was posted by Houston mainstream media. When Coe was arrested in Montgomery County, that is the t-shirt he had on: "It is all fun and games until the cops show up." Coe's sick fun and games came to an end!
Ann-Tx that is too bad. I sincerely hope the last 14 years have dragged on & on for them and they continue to drag until AC is released & LC is carried out feet first. Yeah, he’s a jokester isn’t he? I wonder if AY got that shirt for him. They both disgust me.

Thank you for continuing to care about sweet, little Emma. I hope her big sisters were able to get their childhoods back and they have grown up to have happy & amazing lives.

Hi, LadyL:

Abigail Young's younger boyfriend/lover, Lucas R. Coe, was sentenced to Life Without the Possibility of Parole. He will never be released from prison! He is serving his time at a Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) prison.

I will try to find a pic of him the date he was arrested. If so, I will post it in this comment. Found it!

LadyL, this pic is the day/night Lucas Ruric Coe was arrested in August, 2009. As you can see, Coe was wearing a t-shirt:
It is all fun and games until the cops show up.

This picture was taken after he had been interrogated by the Harris County Homicide deputy investigators in Houston, Texas. He was in the process of being transported to the Harris County Sheriff's Office - Jail in Houston, Texas.

View attachment 495622

thank you
glad to know he'll never get out

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member