GUILTY TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy, 1, & Brynn Hawkins, 2, die in hot car, Kerr Co., June 2017 *Arrest*

Looks like NO trial started on May 21st....

from court site - looks like the trial was delayed, probably because the Judge has not ruled on the Motion to Suppress hearing on 5/15/18.

05/15/2018 Motion Hearing (11:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

05/21/2018 Trial by Jury (8:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

05/23/2018 Attorney Time Sheet
Rudkin $2052 A17600

06/18/2018 Pre Trial (10:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

I do not understand why the Kevin kid is facing such harsh sentencing while the girl could possibly get a lighter sentence? I don’t see any details that lead me to believe he is more culpable than the MOTHER.

According to one of the articles I read - somewhere up thread - is that he slept in the car that night. He said he didn't notice the girls. And when he got up the next morning he just went back into the house. I guess he should have looked around in the car for the girls and not left them in their the morning he woke up. So he is also culpable of the crime.

According to one of the articles I read - somewhere up thread - is that he slept in the car that night. He said he didn't notice the girls. And when he got up the next morning he just went back into the house. I guess he should have looked around in the car for the girls and not left them in their the morning he woke up. So he is also culpable of the crime.

My understanding is that he is the only one who went and turned the car on for the girls, so of course he noticed them. Something is fishy here.

Monday, June 18th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 10am CT) - TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy (2) & Brynn Hawkins (1) (June 9, 2017) (kids left in car overnight) – for Amanda Kristene Hawkins (19) "mom" arrested & Grand jury indicted (8/30/17) on charges of 2 counts of child endangerment & abandonment & 2 counts of reckless injury to a child. ($300K bail), plead not guilty. Had Motion to Suppress hearing on 5/15/18. Trial was supposed to start 5/21/18 delayed.
5/31/18: Court site shows Pretrial hearing scheduled for 6/18 @ 10am.
6/1/18: on defendants Motion to Suppress denied.
*Kevin William Franke (17) has been charged (2/5/18) with 2 counts of 2nd degree manslaughter, 2 counts injury to a child & 2 counts of child abandonment. $300K bond. Plead not guilty (4/26/18). Pretrial hearings on 6/28 & 8/2, trial to start 8/27/18.

from court site for Amanda:

06/18/2018 Pre Trial (10:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)
08/23/2018 Pre Trial (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)
09/24/2018 Trial by Jury (8:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

Thursday, June 28th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy (2) & Brynn Hawkins (1) (June 9, 2017) (kids left in car overnight) – only for Kevin W. Franke (17) has been charged (2/5/18) with 2 counts of 2nd degree manslaughter, 2 counts injury to a child & 2 counts of child abandonment. $300K bond. Plead not guilty (4/26/18). Pretrial hearing on 8/2, trial to start 8/27/18.
Amanda Kristene Hawkins (19) "mom" arrested & indicted (8/30/17) on charges of 2 counts of child endangerment & abandonment & 2 counts of reckless injury to a child. Plead not guilty. $300K bond.
Pretrial hearing on 8/23, trial starts 9/24.

Teen charged with murder in case of hot car death of 2 little girls

KERR COUNTY - Charges have been upgraded from manslaughter to murder for Kevin Franke, 18, who was arrested in February in connection with the deaths of two little girls who were left in a hot car in Kerr County for 15 hours.
[......]
Franke, who is still in jail, is charged with two counts of abandoning or endangering a child, two counts of injury to a child and two counts of murder.

Hey! Since I'll be on a road trip tomorrow - thought I'd post this now:

Thursday, August 2nd:

*Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - TX - Addyson Overgard-Eddy (2) & Brynn Hawkins (1) (June 9, 2017) (kids left in car overnight) – only for Kevin William Franke (17) has been charged (2/5/18) with 2 counts of manslaughter, 2 counts injury to a child & 2 counts of child abandonment. $300K bond. Plead not guilty (4/26/18).
Pretrial hearing 8/2, trial to start 8/27/18. On 6/28 hearing granted continuance.
7/31/18 Update: Manslaughter charges have been upped to murder.
*Amanda Kristene Hawkins (19) "mom" arrested & Grand jury indicted (8/30/17) on charges of 2 counts of child endangerment & abandonment & 2 counts of reckless injury to a child. ($300K bail), plead not guilty.
Pretrial hearing 8/24, trial starts 9/24.

Maybe this will explain that @19760408

Texas Teen Napped in Car, Then Allegedly Left Toddler Girls Inside to Die

Authorities claim Franke, who has no relation to the victims, was one of those friends. At one point, the court papers allege he returned to the SUV, where he slept for several hours.

Franke told police he could not find a place inside Hawkins’ home to sleep, so decided to doze in the SUV, the indictment alleges.

Franke claims he did not know the children were in the car, and did not hear them make any sounds.

The indictment alleges Franke rolled up the SUV’s windows and shut the engine off when he exited the vehicle at 8 a.m. on June 7.

He is further accused of not taking the girls to the emergency room — an allegation also leveled against Hawkins.

I believe the mother should also be charged with murder....

Maybe this will explain that @19760408

Texas Teen Napped in Car, Then Allegedly Left Toddler Girls Inside to Die

I believe the mother should also be charged with murder....

There is something seriously wrong with the justice system in America, and it's getting worse and worse. By the time these murderers are brought to justice, most of us have forgotten what the case was about and just how horrendous it actually was. We forget the precious little victims because there's new horrors to grab our attention. I don't remember reading about this case until this morning. It sickens me to know either one of these two murderers will ever be free after what they did to these two little ones. Not only were they cooked alive, they were starved of food and water and probably soaked in their own feces. I can't imagine the horror. If found guilty of these horrific crimes, I believe they should be put to death. There has to be consequences for crime, and some are far worse than others. Killing a child, to me, is right at the top of the list! JMO, MOO.

It has been reported that during the arraignment, Joe Gonzales, Franke’s lawyer, filed a motion to withdraw his services. It was said that he filed this motion due to the wishes of Franke and his family.

Judge N. Keith Williams reportedly approved the motion. Due to this, a new attorney will be appointed to Franke’s case.

The two felony murder charges are because, according to the indictment, Franke allegedly “did not voluntarily deliver the children to a designated emergency infant care provider.” It is said that after he went to the car to sleep, he rolled up the windows and turned off the car. This is said to have caused the deaths of the two young girls.
Franke pleads "Not Guilty" to two counts of murder for Hawkins toddler deaths - Hill Country Breaking News
Why isn't Hawkins charged with felony murder too? When people in the house told her the girls were in the car crying she said something like "They'll cry themselves to sleep."

To leave them for 15 hours with no food or water, strapped in car seats screams depraved indifference, which constitutes felony murder.

Hawkins should not ever bear another child. In April a corrections officer lost his job and probably his marriage over her. Supposedly they had a non-sexual relationship but IMO this man won't be the last one she manipulates. She will get pregnant at the first opportunity.
A Kerr County corrections officer was arrested this week for allegedly being in an inappropriate relationship with an inmate in the county jail on charges related to the death of her two young daughters.

Amanda Kristene Hawkins, 19, and Cpl. Christopher Berge, 30, were in an an inappropriate, non-sexual relationship for about three weeks, according to Kerr County Sheriff W.R. “Rusty” Hierholzer.

According to a news release from the sheriff’s office, Hawkins made more than 50 phone calls to Berge, and the two said they loved each other. An investigation revealed Berge had been writing her notes and gave her a ring, the release said.
Kerr County corrections officer accused of inappropriate relationship with inmate
No matter what her FB page showed I believe Hawkins did not want to be a mother any more. She was no longer involved with either child's father and IMO they were becoming more and more of a burden to her.

I find it unusual that it was the 16 year old who ended up sleeping in the car that night - Hawkins' boyfriend at that time. Coincidence? Or manipulation? There's no evidence of a conspiracy but it does make me wonder. All JMOO!

Franke's trial is scheduled for January 22.

Franke pleads "Not Guilty" to two counts of murder for Hawkins toddler deaths - Hill Country Breaking News
Why isn't Hawkins charged with felony murder too? When people in the house told her the girls were in the car crying she said something like "They'll cry themselves to sleep."

To leave them for 15 hours with no food or water, strapped in car seats screams depraved indifference, which constitutes felony murder.

Hawkins should not ever bear another child. In April a corrections officer lost his job and probably his marriage over her. Supposedly they had a non-sexual relationship but IMO this man won't be the last one she manipulates. She will get pregnant at the first opportunity.

Kerr County corrections officer accused of inappropriate relationship with inmate
No matter what her FB page showed I believe Hawkins did not want to be a mother any more. She was no longer involved with either child's father and IMO they were becoming more and more of a burden to her.

I find it unusual that it was the 16 year old who ended up sleeping in the car that night - Hawkins' boyfriend at that time. Coincidence? Or manipulation? There's no evidence of a conspiracy but it does make me wonder. All JMOO!

Franke's trial is scheduled for January 22.

Where did you read that the 16 year old was a boyfriend? I don’t believe they have said that anywhere.

Scheduled hearings for Franke

08/02/2018 Arraignment (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)
08/02/2018 Scheduling Order
PT 069/20/2018 PT 10/18/2018 PT 11/15/2018 JT 01/22/2019

08/23/2018 CANCELED Arraignment (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)
Other

09/20/2018 Pre Trial (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

10/18/2018 Pre Trial (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

11/15/2018 Pre Trial (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

01/22/2019 Trial by Jury (8:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Williams, N.Keith)

court link: http://courts.co.kerr.tx.us/CaseManagement/PublicAccess/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=4304877

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back