Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas <modsnip: off limits> local here who used to work out at that LA Fitness and ironically also works at a Big 4 firm. I thought I’d comment on a few things.

1.) The LA fitness on that side of 75 is gentrifying but that car would not stand out there at all. Dallas has nice cars literally everywhere, so I don’t think he was targeted at the gym.
2.) The Big 4 doesn’t have sketchy clients and there is not enough infighting or rivalry to merit work-related violence. They’re audit companies. That scenario is 99.9% out in my mind.
3.) Maple Ave and Inwood (where that RaceTrac is) is NOT a good area and would be generally avoided. You would actually have to cut across the entire <modsnip> (Oak Lawn) to even make it there. He had no reason to be there.
4.) If he actually lives on Holland Ave, he should have never taken Maple, he would have taken Lemmon which is waaay safer and on the way to his house (with multiple gas stations on the way).

My speculation is based mostly on geography, but since he was only at the gym for 30 minutes (why bother?) and went across town westward PAST his house, I suspect he was at the Maple/Inwood RaceTrac buying time before trying to meet someone in the area, and then something went awry from there. His partner may have suspected something, which is why he so quickly drove the assumed route, and could explain why AW was at the gym so briefly and was so focused on his phone at the gas station. Also why the partner hasn’t publicly commented, since it appears LE knows more than they’re letting on.

I certainly hope this was not the case, my thoughts go out to his family.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has his hand on the gas pump the whole time. This seems odd to me. I never hold the whole time, only at beginning and end. He looks back once at the (what do you call it? ) pump stand reader? He likely got gas for longer than that but it isn’t shown for some reason. How long does it take to fill a car you think? 3-4 minutes maybe? If so, he had to have arrived at 5:43 to make that happen?

Perhaps whatever happened to him, he intended to return the car with pretty much the same amount of gas it had in it when he acquired it as a loaner—i.e., he kept his hand on the handle because he wanted to be able to stop filling before it was full.

Most/all of the gas stations in my area have to have the pump handle held down constantly. I have no idea, though, what it’s like in his part of Texas.
In DFW, it is common for gas pump handles to have a mechanism that allows for one to set it on continuous flow until the tank is full. The mechanism will then automatically disengage (well ideally).

I have a vague impression that some jurisdictions allow this mechanism and others do not due to safety concerns and spills when the mechanism does not cut off.

Last edited:
MOO but I think 3+ weeks later, burning a truck/body on a residential street (although very shady looking neighborhood IMO).... I would find it hard to believe this is Alan. I'm holding out hope he is still alive.
I agree. I would expect because the body was found in the back of a vehicle, that it likely belongs to the victim. But 4800 Huey is roughly 8 miles from where Alan's rental car was found.

Over a week ago, a body was found on Southland near the railroad tracks in a ditch on the side of the road. I thought that might be Alan, but it wasn't.

3.) Maple Ave and Inwood (where that RaceTrac is) is NOT a good area and would be generally avoided. You would actually have to cut across the entire <modsnip> (Oak Lawn) to even make it there. He had no reason to be there.
4.) If he actually lives on Holland Ave, he should have never taken Maple, he would have taken Lemmon which is waaay safer and on the way to his house (with multiple gas stations on the way).

I mildly disagree as to the amount of inherent danger that Inwood and Maple presents.

The larger area has been steadily gentrifying for 10 years or so. Though rough edges remain, including the Inwood and Maple quadrant, I would not put the block into the inherently unsafe category.

I wholeheartedly agree about taking Lemmon over Maple. Maple gets very iffy for about 12-14 blocks as one leaves the nicer parts of Oaklawn and proceed towards Maple and Inwood. The section with the park and public housing project could well move from iffy to down right dangerous at night.
I suspect he was at the Maple/Inwood RaceTrac buying time before trying to meet someone in the area, and then something went awry from there.
Treading lightly out of respect of victim friendly forum rules.....

If the other party in the possible meeting was from the rougher area down Maple (which does include some gay friendly venues), Inwood and Maple would make a good meeting place to propose to a hesitant upper income individual.

Its close enough to the gentrifying areas so as not to be inherently dangerous. Thus, the upper income party feels safe. Yet, Inwood and Maple is also close enough to the rougher areas so as the other party would not need to go out of their way and would still feel comfortable as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t disagree Cryptic, but it makes zero sense to me why he would ever be at that gas station at that time based on where he lived and where the gym is. :(

I avoid Maple at night if at all possible west of the tollway.
I agree about the apparent lack of an explanation as to why he to Maple and Inwood.

Maybe one possible explanation could be that it was proposed as a meeting place where parties from say different "worlds" would each still feel comfortable?

As for Maple after dark, I agree completely. I've been to restaraunts on Maple during the day, but I avoid the area at night. Its just not worth it.

Appreciate the post @volksdragon89

His house is on Livingston, not Holland. Does that make a difference?

Depending on the block, maybe. Sorry if my first address was incorrect. It does connect with Inwood, so could make more sense there but again unclear why he would choose Maple from the gym instead of Lemmon. Basically going several minutes further south to then go back north.

Depending on the block, maybe. Sorry if my first address was incorrect. It does connect with Inwood, so could make more sense there but again unclear why he would choose Maple from the gym instead of Lemmon. Basically going several minutes further south to then go back north.
There was some consideration given to the thought Alan might have stopped to pick up some pastries/donuts after he fueled up, on his way home. Grasping for straws and not a local.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

You mean the handle doesn't have that little kickstand thingy (technical term) that holds it for you so you can pump hands-free? I've never seen one like that. Interesting.

Yes—the ones in my neck of the woods don’t have those, as a rule. The only relevant point, of course, is—how about the ones where he lives.

One thing we haven’t talked about in regards to the gas station video is the timing.

The video starts with him pumping gas at 5:47:05, he’s finished pumping at 5:47:11. He has his hand on the gas pump the whole time. This seems odd to me. I never hold the whole time, only at beginning and end. He looks back once at the (what do you call it? ) pump stand reader? He likely got gas for longer than that but it isn’t shown for some reason. How long does it take to fill a car you think? 3-4 minutes maybe? If so, he had to have arrived at 5:43 to make that happen? If he paid with card not a lot of extra time needed, but if he prepaid even more extra time needed. He left the gym at 5:38. Drive time to this racetrac is 8 minutes. Did the pump he was at in video not work and he had to move pumps? Could that be why the reports keep saying he was last seen leaving there around 6? When did he walk around for 15 seconds? خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Guys, I made a mistake with my post earlier. The map is wrong. I used the wrong racetrac location. Per this Family Releases New Surveillance Video Of Missing Dallas Man Alan White, Reward Increasedarticle he was at the location at 2506 Inwood rd. Which, is actually longer than my timeframe so now I’m more confused.

5:38- left gym
5:47 pumping gas, but only 1 second.

Total drive time is 11 min. He shaved 2 minutes off the time? Or the time is wrong or has been edited on videos. And still the pumping gas time shows no paying which would have taken more time. And if he truly filled up an empty car even more time. The route on this map is the fastest time. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Family Releases New Surveillance Video Of Missing Dallas Man Alan White, Reward Increased

Last edited:
Officers said when they arrived at the scene, they found a burned body in the bed of a white Ford F-150 that had been set on fire. Detectives said it appears the victim died of homicidal violence. Must have been a stolen truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member