Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interview: in my opinion, I am concerned that the husband said he was so terrified at 6:15, 6:30 then 6:45, when Alan did not return home. I never heard that he was calling him and texting him. I only heard he was looking for Jon Do's in hospitals and driving around looking for him. Also, I noticed he was reading his plea from his cellphone or notes. These responses were very unusual to me. I have so many questions, ugh.

[bbm]

he didn't say 'he was so terrified at 6:15, 6:30 then 6:45' - he actually said that at 6:15 he thought it was odd, at 6:30 he knew something was wrong and at 6:45 he was panicking (article linked below)

please post the video where you see a cellphone or notes, because all I see is him fiddling with a mask

'It’s a complete nightmare': Mom, partner of missing Dallas businessman plead for his safe return | wfaa.com

I come here several times a day to check. I feel so bad for Alan's mother and for Rusty with whom he's 18 years. I don't know if there's any backstory, but Alan seems to be a solid responsible man.

I would love there to be a positive resolution, but I can't think of one. I don't believe he left voluntarily . We never know really what people may be going through, but at this point I don't really see that.

I'm concerned about what volksdragon89 described upthread, that Alan really had no reason to be at THAT particular gas station, out of the way towards home, and a sketchy spot.

I can't shake the feeling that this was a setup, that he was targeted.
By whom, no idea. Business related, house flipping related, revenge, or a hate crime of sorts?

I hope LE has leads.

[bbm]

he didn't say 'he was so terrified at 6:15, 6:30 then 6:45' - he actually said that at 6:15 he thought it was odd, at 6:30 he knew something was wrong and at 6:45 he was panicking (article linked below)

please post the video where you see a cellphone or notes, because all I see is him fiddling with a mask

'It’s a complete nightmare': Mom, partner of missing Dallas businessman plead for his safe return | wfaa.com
I thought it was a script at first too before I realized it was a mask

AW getting gas at Maple and Inwood is definitely a head-scratcher. Why? As others have pointed out, a more direct (and safer?) route from the gym to AW's house would've been to go west on Lemmon, then north on Inwood.

Was the location of that RaceTrac gas station near (or closer to) AW's Porsche dealership? Maybe his last minute plan that morning was to top off the loaner, run it by the dealership, drop it off, and pick up his own vehicle.

Which, now that I think of it... Wouldn't a Porsche dealership's after-hours drop off/pick up location be a prime spot where thieves might think they could easily ambush a customer picking up a nice car? (though you'd think a dealership would have lots of CCTV, and maybe even a security guard at such a location after hours..).

Or was the RaceTrac gas station perhaps on the way to one of AW and his husband's house renovation projects? If so, maybe he was planning to run by the house project real quick to check and see if something had been done. Just guessing, but he probably had 30-45 min before needing to head back to the house for a 7:30 am call.

All just speculation

Eta typos, grammar

Last edited:
KPMG Managing Director Reported Missing By Family; Reward Now $15,000 (UPDATE) - Going Concern
''White is seen at the gas station at 5:47 a.m. on Oct. 22, after he left an LA Fitness reportedly at 5:38 a.m. In the gas station surveillance camera footage, White is wearing a red tank top, even though the “missing person” flyer (below) says he was last seen wearing a light gray tank top with dark gym shorts.''
El2Mc_cXUAAdCyy.jpg
''According to his LinkedIn profile, White was a managing director in the CIO Advisory practice of KPMG in Dallas, with a focus on cloud transformation services. He has worked at KPMG since February 2020.

White, 55, who is married, previously worked at Grant Thornton, IBM, and PwC.

According to WFAA, the family is working to obtain a court order to attempt to locate his cellphone.

A $10,000 reward has been offered for anyone who might have information about where White might be.''

For those members who may have missed this Admin post made recently or who are ignoring it for whatever reason.

ADMIN NOTE:

Folks, as per TOS, discussion about orientation is not allowed. (Already it has resulted in numerous posts having to be removed due to debate or bickering or general discussion about sexuality.)

Alan has a husband. Period.

It is not victim friendly to speculate negatively on a victim unless such speculation is based on known fact. IOW, do not speculate on a clandestine encounter unless there is known fact on which to base that discussion.

Thank you.

Zero tolerance. Members posting in violation of the above will be issued a minimum 1 week Time Out.

Seeing a white truck in the background of a video of Alan and seeing a white truck lit on fire with a body on it really means nothing. The most common vehicle in Texas is likely a white Ford pickup.

It's like the DC sniper shootings. At first they were thinking a white van was involved because white vans were so common they were near every shooting.

Last edited:
Maybe his last minute plan that morning was to top off the loaner, run it by the dealership, drop it off, and pick up his own vehicle.

Or was the RaceTrac gas station perhaps on the way to one of AW and his husband's house renovation projects?
The missing person is a managing director or is providing high level consulting service to a very knowledgable employer who demands and probably pays for perfection.

My guess is that he would of had an active role at that meeting (no, junior employee logging on several minutes late- then zoning out for the length of a training session).

I just cant see an executive squeezing in another activity before a meeting at which he is probably always early and probably would have an active role in unless the other activity was an emergency, or he had a big emotional investment in it.

To me, the loaner car drop off / exchange would not qualify as either an emergency or emotional investment. Trouble at the flipping projects would be far more likely qualify for one or the other.

So could meeting a third party, depending on the subject matter and the totality of the circumstances.

That’s a pretty early meeting-I get that it’s an hour earlier in Dallas than the east coast, but even at 8:30 EST that’s an early meeting. East coast is pretty much a 9-5 thing. Or 9 till all hours of the night for audit.

Many people have mentioned thinking Alan was dropping off the loaner that morning. Certainly Rusty would have known that. The way Rusty acted, (being worried so soon) it seems he knows every step Alan is going to take, and when. I don't mean that in a snarky way, he's just on top of Alan's schedule. It seems that with Rusty being panicked at 7am, he would have known if Alan had any other known plans aside from the gym.

AW getting gas at Maple and Inwood is definitely a head-scratcher. Why? As others have pointed out, a more direct (and safer?) route from the gym to AW's house would've been to go west on Lemmon, then north on Inwood.

This is my biggest question too. However, maybe he took the "highway" route home? I asked some of my former Dallas neighbors what route they would take considering the time of day and one immediately said they would take the highways - 75 to the tollway or I35. Travel time at that time of day is within 1 minute of the more direct route thru town (via Lemmon). Maybe he wanted to open up the Porsche on the highway when there was no traffic??

Was the location of that RaceTrac gas station near (or closer to) AW's Porsche dealership? Maybe his last minute plan that morning was to top off the loaner, run it by the dealership, drop it off, and pick up his own vehicle.

It is on the way to the Porsche dealer. However, their service do not open until 8a. And, it's only 1/2 mi from his house, so why make special arrangements to pick up before hours?

Which, now that I think of it... Wouldn't a Porsche dealership's after-hours drop off/pick up location be a prime spot where thieves might think they could easily ambush a customer picking up a nice car? (though you'd think a dealership would have lots of CCTV, and maybe even a security guard at such a location after hours..).

Or was the RaceTrac gas station perhaps on the way to one of AW and his husband's house renovation projects? If so, maybe he was planning to run by the house project real quick to check and see if something had been done. Just guessing, but he probably had 30-45 min before needing to head back to the house for a 7:30 am call.

This is interesting. Maybe he was going to drive by a place he and Rusty had an eye on and was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

All just speculation

Eta typos, grammar

Many people have mentioned thinking Alan was dropping off the loaner that morning. Certainly Rusty would have known that. The way Rusty acted, (being worried so soon) it seems he knows every step Alan is going to take, and when. I don't mean that in a snarky way, he's just on top of Alan's schedule. It seems that with Rusty being panicked at 7am, he would have known if Alan had any other known plans aside from the gym.

Blue
by me for emphasis.

I feel the same way about Rusty being on top of his schedule. Although there's been a lull in the violent crime specifically targeting LGBQT folks/neighborhood clusters - Not too long ago it was happening frequently. There was a stretch a couple 3 years ago where there were violent assaults happening A LOT. Many of my gay friends started sharing their late night/pre-dawn itineraries in case something should happen to one of them (FWIW - That was a pretty major shift of mindset IMO).

BUT.... MOO.... I also think Rusty may have had a gut feeling that some specific part of Alan's early morning flight plan was potentially problematic. Not saying he was involved in whatever... just that his Spidey Sense kicked in for a reason (and he hasn't spoken of it yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled