TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

Geist said as of now, there are no new leads and no witnesses have come forward, but she encouraged anyone with information to contact the detective on the case, Detective Eric Barnes at 214-283-4818 or by email at eric.barnes@dallascityhall.com. Reference case #188623-2020.

I guess one of us could email Detective Barnes directly and ask if there are any updates in the case?

Geist said as of now, there are no new leads and no witnesses have come forward, but she encouraged anyone with information to contact the detective on the case, Detective Eric Barnes at 214-283-4818 or by email at eric.barnes@dallascityhall.com. Reference case #188623-2020.

I guess one of us could email Detective Barnes directly and ask if there are any updates in the case?
That sounds like a good idea. I hope someone in Dallas does it. I would try but I suspect that with my foreign email address I might not get any response. I am from Dallas, though and I do frequently visit.

Sort of makes me wonder if they are even interested at this point......
Yuppp...I was holding out hope, thinking they were working behind the scenes and actually had some things to go off of, but now I'm not so sure.
Especially considering the LE's statement in the newest article about Alan; “We encourage anyone with info to call. Even the smallest bit of information could be what is needed to solve a case or generate a lead.” Really sounds like they have nothing, huh?

I have long assumed he met up with someone and that they were responsible, and there would be a clue on the phone leading to that person, JMO.

So it's been interesting reading in the thread for Moriah Wilson's case, about obtaining data from various devices. With some, they were able to get it; others a very limited amount.
I wonder what they have in Alan's case, and if it brought them close to finding a POI but just "not enough," or if it really didn't advance the case.

And it doesn't appear they have other evidence, such as DNA or CCTV evidence, IMO/JMO. They are probably out of leads to work on? It is demoralizing.

Can someone please refresh my memory, but was Alan's wallet found with him?

I'm so sad to see that there hasn't been any progress on this case. I think about him often, seemed like such a nice man.
In the story below it says, "Nothing was stolen from Alan, and his car was left clean.."

To me that means he had his wallet on him when he was found. MOO

Ps I think of Alan often too. I hope a break will come soon.

I'm in UK and often think of Alan. When I first heard of his case I assumed it was a car jacking...but then they found the car abandoned and pretty much untouched and if they left his wallet too this now makes me think this was targeted at just Alan himself. It would have to be someone who either knows his routine and so knew he would be at the gym and at exactly what time or he pre-arranged to meet someone. When he lingered in the gas station I think he saw the perp get into his car which makes me think he wasn't scared of whoever it was for him to then go get back in his car. I wonder if Alan ever used Snapchat? As that will give your location to your followers so maybe someone had been watching his routine for a while? The question is WHY? Why did Alan need to be got rid of? All MOO of course. RIP Alan. You are not forgotten.

My biannual FOIA check... shot down!
View attachment 479430
Thanks for checking. I think I can speak for everyone that we all appreciate your efforts on this. Wonder what is really going on. If the investigation is still active seems like there should be some periodic updates from the powers that be. Or, do I expect too much???

Thanks for checking. I think I can speak for everyone that we all appreciate your efforts on this. Wonder what is really going on. If the investigation is still active seems like there should be some periodic updates from the powers that be. Or, do I expect too much???
In Dallas, imo, yes. Updates to the public are not something they do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back