GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I wonder.... I wonder if the ads were TH way of looking for a victim... given the dates of them. Maybe he got it in his mind that he was going to do it and started looking. Then on July 1 :( an unexpected opportunity showed up that he could not pass up. Because after the fact he was FURIOUSLY looking for a connection with someone and I wonder if actually following through with the act on July 1 :( really made him want more victims. There is something very desperate about his ads........and I do not know if they are all sexually driven. Mooo obviously. I was just struck mostly by the dates of them and how there so many in so short a time after July 1 :( and how he may have thought he would see how many victims he could get prior to being caught? IDK , just rambling.

Not a bad theory at all, IMO.......

I also found the timing, frequency, and tone (i.e., desperation) of them of interest. Of course, I've never trolled CL for hookups before, so I don't know what "normal" is.

Here's what I wonder.... I wonder if the ads were TH way of looking for a victim... given the dates of them. Maybe he got it in his mind that he was going to do it and started looking. Then on July 1 :( an unexpected opportunity showed up that he could not pass up. Because after the fact he was FURIOUSLY looking for a connection with someone and I wonder if actually following through with the act on July 1 :( really made him want more victims. There is something very desperate about his ads........and I do not know if they are all sexually driven. Mooo obviously. I was just struck mostly by the dates of them and how there so many in so short a time after July 1 :( and how he may have thought he would see how many victims he could get prior to being caught? IDK , just rambling.

I don't really think this, but sure, it's possible.

I do agree -- there was a frantic/desperate note in his recruiting.

Ugh.....I really don't want to beat up on Ing again - he'd just regained my trust!

But, is this another "Ing'ism"? Or, was he only formally charged w/in last day or two and no MSM source has reported/clarified this?

bbm: Well, one sure needs to!!

It does make you wonder, doesn't it?

That is a scary and likely thought.......IMOO.... And I agree with you.
Was he looking for another victim so soon after raping and killing Alanna? :banghead:

Not confining such a tendency to only ADHD, yeah, seems kind of like he might, huh?

Not confronting you, but posts like this in general. I have sat on my hands more than once while reading posts that connect ADHD to rape and murder.

No! ADHD is no more likely to make a person a rapist/murderer than is diabetes.

Again, not picking on you, but your post was just the straw that broke this camel's back. I read posts associating ADHD with psychopathy or sociopathy and violent and deadly intent ALL of the time.

Even if this monster had ADHD, it is irrelevant to his killing and rape of an innocent child. My heart breaks for children like my own, who have ADHD and are unfairly and erroneously labeled as "dangerous" when they are beautiful, non-violent, usually very bright children who simply have a learning difference.

I just wanted to educate, not attack. There seems to be this culture of assuming Aspergers and ADHD kids are somehow more inclined to violence and ultimately, murder. That just isn't true. :twocents:

Not confronting you, but posts like this in general. I have sat on my hands more than once while reading posts that connect ADHD to rape and murder.

Again, not picking on you, but your post was just the straw that broke this camel's back. I read posts associating ADHD with psychopathy or sociopathy and violent and deadly intent ALL of the time.

Even if this monster had ADHD, it is irrelevant to his killing and rape of an innocent child. My heart breaks for children like my own, who have ADHD and are unfairly and erroneously labeled as "dangerous" when they are beautiful, non-violent, usually very bright children who simply have a learning difference.

I just wanted to educate, not attack. There seems to be this culture of assuming Aspergers and ADHD kids are somehow more inclined to violence and ultimately, murder. That just isn't true. :twocents:

Not taking as confrontation, nor is mine here to you -- but to clarify: My post was in reply to someone's else, who referenced "the ADHD tendency to blurt stuff out", saying Tyler had it.

I only said yes, it seemed he might have such a tendency, AND I actually delimited that tendency, saying I didn't see it as associated only with ADHD.

Not a word about rape or murder, etc.

Believe me, you are preaching to the choir.

Please can we have a private thread.....pretty please with a cherry on top. :blushing:

Not taking as confrontation, nor is mine here to you -- but to clarify: My post was in reply to someone's else, who referenced "the ADHD tendency to blurt stuff out", saying Tyler had it.

I only said yes, it seemed he might have such a tendency, AND I actually delimited that tendency, saying I didn't see it as associated only with ADHD.

Not a word about rape or murder, etc.

No, I gotcha. That is why i said my post was not intended to isolate your particular post.

I just have serious jaw dropping moments when I read posts that associate ADHD with sociopathy and/or murder/rape.

So since your reply was the latest I have seen addressing the association of ADHD and deviant behavior, even if you were refuting such an association, I addressed it while referencing your post. Hence my disclaimer. :seeya:

CL ADS are OFF LIMITS until further notice.
DO NOT link them

DO NOT mention them

:blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing:

Oops !

No, I gotcha. That is why i said my post was not intended to isolate your particular post.

I just have serious jaw dropping moments when I read posts that associate ADHD with sociopathy and/or murder/rape.

So since your reply was the latest I have seen addressing the association of ADHD and deviant behavior, even if you were refuting such an association, I addressed it while referencing your post. Hence my disclaimer. :seeya:

Thanks. I tend to feel that way about most mental illnesses. Even psychopaths/sociopaths aren't usually degenerate murderers, many are very productive, successful and well-liked people - I'd guess most are somewhere in between. I do have to admit that a diagnosis of psychopathy is probably more likely to indicate a propensity for violence than AS, ADHD, anxiety or depression, etc., but I believe that the majority of murderers/rapists are not sociopaths (by today's standards) and the majority of sociopaths are not murderers/rapists.

There are definitely pedophiles that exclusively have sexual attraction to children. Bessie posted a really great link about that. It's really interesting, did you take a look? I don't remember what page it was on...sorry. So worth a read, though.

Well, there are definitely pedophiles who don;t have sex with adults, which is why I said many may have sex with other adults. But no one can tell me that pedophilia is a sexual orientation like hetero or homosexuality.

IMO, based on cases I saw while interning at the Federal Public Defender, as well as research I've done over the years, it has little to do with "attraction". It has to do with domination and sadism. It has to do with control. Kind of like rape has to do with power and humiliation. It's similar.

Thus, both rapists and pedophiles will rape or molest their victims with an object, instead of their penises, if they are castrated or impotent. It's about inflicting pain and harm, and about control, IMO. Pedophiles like to justify what they do by claiming they are just naturally "attracted" to little kids and that they "love" them or have "relationships" with small kids. That's all b.s. IMO. You can't have a one-way relationship and love doesn't involve taking advantage of the weaknesses or the lesser power of your loved one. Pedophilia involves an egregious imbalance of power that has much less to do with actual sexual attraction as it does to mental and sexual arousal from doing evil. :moo:

Herding cats looks easier. :snooty:

I tried to tell them. :facepalm: er, well I know I at least thought... what I mean is....Dang it you and Bessie are the best mods EVER. Yeah that's what I meant to say. :blushing:

Of course not. I have been surprised over the years by posts that link autism or ADHD to dangerous behavior. The same used to be said about intellectual disabilities and still sometimes is. People with mental retardation are seen as somehow prone to violence or "extra strong" or some such nonsense. I'm confused by these links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz