GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #14

I keep a tab open on my browser to this page. I have never followed a crime like this before, but every day I check for updates and every day I am saddened by the lack of updates on this. Have the police given up the idea of him having had help to move Alana? It just all seems so very quiet.

At this point, if I had to make a guess based on everything we know and how we've seen LE proceed in this case, I would *GUESS* he used Mom's car or another person's car, acted alone, and they are keeping this quiet to prevent Mom or the other car owner from being targeted by an angry public/getting death threats etc. (People get irrational, it happens.)

My confidence level in LE overall is high, though. While we were going crazy for weeks in this thread, they quietly had all the cards.

At this point, if I had to make a guess based on everything we know and how we've seen LE proceed in this case, I would *GUESS* he used Mom's car or another person's car, acted alone, and they are keeping this quiet to prevent Mom or the other car owner from being targeted by an angry public/getting death threats etc. (People get irrational, it happens.)

My confidence level in LE overall is high, though. While we were going crazy for weeks in this thread, they quietly had all the cards.

If they thought mom's car was used, would it be held for evidence? I remember them processing the car at the house looking for evidence, but I don't think the police ever took custody of that vehicle. Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree with my thinking - as I said, I am super new to watching anything like this. And there is the "total icky" factor of mom driving around in a car that was used to transport poor Alana.

I keep a tab open on my browser to this page. I have never followed a crime like this before, but every day I check for updates and every day I am saddened by the lack of updates on this. Have the police given up the idea of him having had help to move Alana? It just all seems so very quiet.

I never was convinced that he had an accomplice.
I guess they just have to try to figure out how it was accomplished without a car being on video.

Last edited by a moderator:
:noooo: Dear Lord above, I should have never, ever opened this thread!

Oh what little Alanna endured. Words escape me!

:anguish:

If they thought mom's car was used, would it be held for evidence? I remember them processing the car at the house looking for evidence, but I don't think the police ever took custody of that vehicle. Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree with my thinking - as I said, I am super new to watching anything like this. And there is the "total icky" factor of mom driving around in a car that was used to transport poor Alana.

I can't argue with your reasoning. But I don't believe TH moved her the 1-1.5 miles on foot/bike/etc without being noticed or showing up on the neighborhood cameras. (Remember, no alleys in this neighborhood, backyards are all contiguous.) And I think if he had an accomplice LE would know by now--TH isn't the brightest bulb, don't think he ran with a super intelligent crowd. So that doesn't leave much else but 'he used another car'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. Thank the good doctors for Klonopin!
Kept seeing Alanna mentioned in other posters siggys so had to come see. Just read through this thread, didn't go back through all the others. How much did Alanna weigh when she went missing? From what I gather, her body was found and as the police were arriving at the scene, her Mother approached an officer to report her missing. It was only a few hours between her been 'gone' and her body being found. Found around 7:30PM, was it dark by then? Trying to figure out how the body was left on the side of the road with houses around... pretty risky. However, if TH was under the influence of some drug, he could have carried the body there, though looks like someone would have seen him. If he used a wheelbarrel to move her, would that have gotten someone's attention? Does that area have roadside garbage pick up or a dumpster nearby? Is there a certain place that debris is left for collection versus regular garbage? I know in one place we lived, typical garbage was collected in front of the house, but yard debris was suppose to be left in certain areas on that street so they didn't have to stop at each house to chip up the tree limbs, etc. People either took the debris on tarps and dumped it out, or used wheelbarrels to transport it. Granted only the debris was left and not the tarps though. Ohhhh just remembered, we also had Spring and Fall 'clean up', where you could leave household stuff.

With cameras being in that neighborhood Alanna lived, I'm sure LE has accounted for each and every vehicle and who they belonged to, and what the normal was for those vehicles.

I can't argue with your reasoning. But I don't believe TH moved her the 1-1.5 miles on foot/bike/etc without being noticed or showing up on the neighborhood cameras. (Remember, no alleys in this neighborhood, backyards are all contiguous.) And I think if he had an accomplice LE would know by now--TH isn't the brightest bulb, don't think he ran with a super intelligent crowd. So that doesn't leave much else but 'he used another car'.

Oh I agree w you that he isn't a bright bulb and couldn't possibly hanging out with a bunch of mensa members. When all the theories were being kicked around I kept thinking that most of them were way over the brain power that this guy had working for him. I don't think he moved her without a car. Lack of motivation, lack of opportunity, lack of some evidence of him roaming the neighborhood with an unexplained bundle. Plus if she had been carried away without a car, I think he would have been better able to hide the body rather than leaving her in the street (so sorry to say that - I hate talking about her like she isn't quite a person this way). I just keep going back to the idea that if mom's car was used in a crime, mom wouldn't have the car.

I think he definitely used a car and likely mom's because anyone elses should be arrested by now if it was an accomplice. Unless it was a sugardaddy on the street who helped him and had every reason to be leaving and entering the street. But that is a stretch.

At least there will be a trial with evidence, i am really upset at poor Hannah Anderson's situation being blasted in the news based on her looks or not grieving properly when LE has said clear as day she is not a victim. Now JD's sister goes on CNN and says her bro was protecting Hannah. If he was alive they could all be proved wrong wrong wroong

I ,too, am not understanding if it was Mom's car that was used why it is not impounded.

There is no way he carried that child for one mile. No way he brought a bundle in anything but a car or a truck.

Where are the red truck with the green paint and the two black cars?

Is LE done asking about them?

Here are my thoughts. If you look at the pictures of where her body was found. It is next to a property that has a corner lot. There is no direct exposure to someone's front door. If she was pushed out the passenger side then no one may have seen her being dropped from the front because it was hidden by the car door being opened. I think that she was put there by car. I think someone stopped at the stop sign and just opened the car door and pushed her out and then sped off. An accomplice...maybe. IMO

Here are my thoughts. If you look at the pictures of where her body was found. It is next to a property that has a corner lot. There is no direct exposure to someone's front door. If she was pushed out the passenger side then no one may have seen her being dropped from the front because it was hidden by the car door being opened. I think that she was put there by car. I think someone stopped at the stop sign and just opened the car door and pushed her out and then sped off. An accomplice...maybe. IMO

Exactly my thoughts. I don't think there was a murder accomplice but I do believe in a disposal accomplice.

Same here. No murder accomplice but possible help with the body. Can't rule out him using Mum's car either though. Forgive me for being daft, but would LE have to impound Mum's car if they had enough evidence from the vacuum samples they took and (hypothetically) Mum's confirmation that TH used her car at that time of day? And how would we know that they haven't impounded her car if the media didn't catch on?

If there was an accomplice, I believe they were unwitting. If they came forward and made a statement that checked out, they may not have been charged with anything? And if so, they may want anonymity. I don't recall how long it was between TH's arrest, LE looking at possibility of accomplice, and then silence. I think I would have been scared to contact LE before TH's arrest if it was me - probably would have but I can see why a teen would be frightened. I think LE is still keeping details to themselves while they build their case. There has been nothing said about the fires either.

I am just not sure what I think is going on with the case now. I think we could still have some surprises, but that's JMO. It's hard not knowing anything new these days, but really, I know, that is not the important thing. I just hope everything is progressing as it needs to.

Same here. No murder accomplice but possible help with the body. Can't rule out him using Mum's car either though. Forgive me for being daft, but would LE have to impound Mum's car if they had enough evidence from the vacuum samples they took and (hypothetically) Mum's confirmation that TH used her car at that time of day? And how would we know that they haven't impounded her car if the media didn't catch on?

If there was an accomplice, I believe they were unwitting. If they came forward and made a statement that checked out, they may not have been charged with anything? And if so, they may want anonymity. I don't recall how long it was between TH's arrest, LE looking at possibility of accomplice, and then silence. I think I would have been scared to contact LE before TH's arrest if it was me - probably would have but I can see why a teen would be frightened. I think LE is still keeping details to themselves while they build their case. There has been nothing said about the fires either.

The taking of the car is not in the search warrant.

It seems like LE would take a car that is used in a crime.

The taking of the car is not in the search warrant.

It seems like LE would take a car that is used in a crime.

They didn't take the car but they did vacuum the car. They had reason to believe the car was involved, so why didn't they just take the car then and there? I assume because they didn't need to. And if the analysis of the vacuumings showed the car was used, perhaps the car was seized later on. But by then the car could have been cleaned and be useless for evidence. So I just think that if they were going to take the car, they would have done it the day it was searched or not at all.

I ,too, am not understanding if it was Mom's car that was used why it is not impounded.

There is no way he carried that child for one mile. No way he brought a bundle in anything but a car or a truck.

Where are the red truck with the green paint and the two black cars?

Is LE done asking about them?

Agree re: mom's car.

The red truck/green paint: I don't know - maybe a red herring resulting from witnesses on the scene where she was discovered?

Now, the two black cars still really bother me. As stated, when we were going mad on this thread LE was holding more cards than we could have imagined. I don't think this was released to the public carelessly. Remember that they had second thought about releasing it at all after the car fire @ Gallagher's home but ultimately went ahead and released the pics. Ing stated that the two cars were essentially unaccounted for and were "loitering" in the neighborhood that afternoon. After TH was arrested it was reported that there "may" be a second accomplice.

I guess I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop......

They didn't take the car but they did vacuum the car. They had reason to believe the car was involved, so why didn't they just take the car then and there? I assume because they didn't need to. And if the analysis of the vacuumings showed the car was used, perhaps the car was seized later on. But by then the car could have been cleaned and be useless for evidence. So I just think that if they were going to take the car, they would have done it the day it was searched or not at all.

bbm

If Alanna, poor baby, was secured in the tarp, maybe there was no trace evidence of her in mom's car, therefore no reason to take the car. Evidence of TH having been in the car wouldn't have been out of the ordinary since he undoubtedly rode in it or drove it at some point. Having said that, if the tarp used was the one previously covering the woodpile in the back yard, you'd think some bark traces or something would have been in the vacuumings. Although I suppose that could have been tracked into the car at any time, too. IMO, naturally.

Or maybe there's only video showing mom's car going to work and coming home, and not leaving again after that. Sure wish we knew more. :scared:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back