GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #14

I so agree with you on this. I think some people are just "problem avoiders" (certainly not saying that she would have thought THIS would happen). I have known Bob since I was a teen and his mom ignored EVERY problem and he and his sister had many. Mom had a very rough childhood and "made good" and I think she didn't want anyone to ever notice that their family was not absolutely perfect. If she acknowledged the problems, I think she was afraid that everyone else would realize there were problems. She ignored a pregnancy, a drug problem, teens having sex in her home, an alcohol problem, children stealing from her, and drugs being sold out of her lovely expensive home. She is a smart, well mannered, lovely woman who married a workaholic that left all "home" things up to her. All she wanted was the perfect family. She would do anything to protect that image.

I don't have any idea if that is what was going on here, but I do believe it is completely possible for an otherwise "normal" person to completely ignore out of control children by constantly pacifying any doubts by repeating the phrase "this is only a phase, he/she really is a perfect child".

It does look like her bedroom may have been on the main floor and his bedroom may have been upstairs. I am guessing she just "ignored" the fact that there was an upstairs and paid absolutely no attention to what was going on up there - housekeeping or otherwise. I also noticed that the master bedroom had a sofa in it. I am wondering how much time she spent "sequestered" in her room - that was a common situation in the family that I mentioned above. Mom had a large sitting area (basically a 2nd living room) built onto the master bedroom thereby making it easy to spend most of her time in her private space.

I can't imagine the position that she is in now. I can't imagine where one finds peace after something like this.

BBM

It is amazing what the human mind can ignore or compartmentalize in order to protect itself. Sometimes the pain is too much and the truth is too awful to face. Denial is easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
She bought the house at least a year before child support, IIRC.

Child support is until age 18 where I live.

Does the Dad pay support until age 18 if TH is in prison?

Does the money go towards his defense?

If I was the Dad, I would refuse to pay child support to a felon. I would disown him.
It's not like he is a petty thief, he is an incurable pedophile. I wonder what laws will protect his bio father from this nightmare?
I wish there was an update on the accomplice on this case. It angers and scares me to think there's another one of his ilk still walking free in Texas.

Since the son is in jail, mother doesn't have expenses of raising him anymore.
So I presume father can go to court and petition to stop child support?

Maybe if he had a father involved in his life, he would have turned out differently. Sounds like mother was working a lot, while he had a lot of free unsupervised time on his hands. Which is not good for a teenager to have-I think everybody can agree on that.

If I was the Dad, I would refuse to pay child support to a felon. I would disown him.
It's not like he is a petty thief, he is an incurable pedophile. I wonder what laws will protect his bio father from this nightmare?
I wish there was an update on the accomplice on this case. It angers and scares me to think there's another one of his ilk still walking free in Texas.

Maybe the child support money should go to the prison? Of course, he has not been tried yet so he is innocent in the eyes of the law.

Should his mother be able to "divorce" him as well and have no responsibility for him? Only the taxpayers should provide for him?

Father knew about him since 2009, at least. Where was the father?

Father said no one would tell him where his son was. Her parents still lived in the same town. I imagine there were plenty of people in that tiny town who could tell him where they were living.

In addition, there are privacy laws. Public officials cannot give out addresses of people, thank goodness. He could have gone for legal visitation but chose not to.

Isn't TH considered not a minor now? Is his "support" even a legal issue at this point?

(Non-parent, non-TX resident.)

If I remember correctly I think what he is paying now might also be back child support.

Isn't TH considered not a minor now? Is his "support" even a legal issue at this point?

You are a minor until age 18.

He is a minor who will be tried as an adult.

Did he have a birthday and turn 18?

Maybe the child support money should go to the prison? Of course, he has not been tried yet so he is innocent in the eyes of the law.

Should his mother be able to "divorce" him as well and have no responsibility for him? Only the taxpayers should provide for him?

Father knew about him since 2009, at least. Where was the father?

Father said no one would tell him where his son was. Her parents still lived in the same town. I imagine there were plenty of people in that tiny town who could tell him where they were living.

In addition, there are privacy laws. Public officials cannot give out addresses of people, thank goodness. He could have gone for legal visitation but chose not to.

Good point.
I think in Texas he is no longer a minor now? I always thought it was 18 federal law. Not sure his mother or bio father would be financially responsible for his defense.
Even if his dad was present it might not have changed that he was born a psychopath or pedophile. Good parenting can only go so far, it seems. Unless, there's a cure for pedophiles, he is beyond help at this point. The only hope for future generations is prevention and making sure young children are not victimized so they perpetuate the cycle of abuse. (not blaming anyone except abusers here)
If the dad didn't know he had a child until 2009,I really can't blame him for not parenting bhim. It seems it was her choice to keep him out.
It's definitely a very bad situation all around.
I am going to step back, so I won't cause a fight. Just very disturbed by this case and all cases involving children

To me, whether I found out today or ten years ago, a child that I helped to produce is my child.

What a blow to TH if his father chose not to claim him. Vulnerable age-12 or 13.

We have no idea why she chose not to tell him until that point.

If a parent found out the child had special needs such as being blind , does that mean the parent gets to deem the child unworthy?

Parents made the child. Whatever happens, we are responsible.

If people do not want the responsibility, there are vasectomies and tubal ligation.

I know things are slow while we wait to see if there is a trial but please remember that WS is a victim-friendly forum and TH's mom is a victim in this case. Please do not sleuth her.

I think if a child isn't living with either parent (college, off playing grown up but not yet of age, jail or prison, etc.) then either no parent is paying support to the other parent or they're both paying it to the child, college, jail, prison, etc. I really hate this parent owes but when the child goes off to do whatever and the parent can't legally bring them home (or maybe doesn't want to) that one parent keeps paying while the other pays nothing.

ETA Back child support should always be paid if it was ordered regardless.

MOO

I think that is very obvious that TH was in a down hill spiral and no one noticed or couldn't do anything about it. It has been going on for a while. He was old enough to make his own decisions. IMO

Edited to add: He did a some things that adults would question.

My understanding of it. He is considered an adult for criminal matters in TX. But a minor when it comes to child support, if he isn't 18 yet.

I can't bear to see Alanna on page 2 yet. Sorry for the frivolous post but I can't.

We went to "Uncle Jo's" park again tonight and I thought about Alanna and Opal Jo. I feel like their spirits are watching over the park.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back