GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #14

So he used his mom's car? Did he pick her up from work and dump the victim on the way? It seems to me that the body was only on the road for a short time before it was uncovered by the boys. What about the red truck? red herring?

how do you know she was aware of his problems? typical teen problems or murderer in the making problems? how do you know what she did to control or monitor him? how do you know he wS a truant?

MSM reports indicated he was a serious problem teen terrorizing the neighborhood. By reports of neighbors claiming he has threatened their children with a lead pipe, and he was not enrolled in high school when he arrested. His multiple craigslist ads indicted he was prostituting and exchanging sex for drugs. Possibly from her house.
A teen doesn't wake up one day and decide to rape and murder a small child.
His mother isn't a mind reader but there was plenty of red flags. I feel bad that she raised a monster. I would disown him and walk away.
Hopefully a jury will do the right thing and convict him.

i agree in that i sincerely hope hes convicted. but i am hesitant to lay all blame on mom, we dont know what she was aware of. she should have been aware of a lot... but was she? i wish i knew, so i could judge her easier...

i agree in that i sincerely hope hes convicted. but i am hesitant to lay all blame on mom, we dont know what she was aware of. she should have been aware of a lot... but was she? i wish i knew, so i could judge her easier...

As far as I know he had no real criminal record. We've heard the same two or three neighborhood anecdotes over and over, but nothing that would suggest he was an obvious murderer. He mostly just seemed like a loser/stoner, and I suspect his mother was aware of that much as far as that went, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect every parent of a severely underachieving teen to have them under 24 hour surveillance/guard. Especially not a single parent with a full time job. 99.9% of teen boys fitting TH's unfortunate outward profile (dropout/stoner/subpar IQ) aren't going to end up killing their neighbor's kids, and parents shouldn't have to behave as though they are.

It's easy to point fingers in retrospect, or to look for another person to blame, or try to think of ways to make it not have happened, but until I have info otherwise it's my gut feeling his Mom had no idea her child was capable of this. I don't think Austin Sigg's mother did either, for that matter. It doesn't mean I think every parent is innocent when it comes to this kind of thing, or that some criminals aren't spawned by their environments. I just think in these two cases, unfortunate single mothers ended up with defective/broken sons.

(It also makes me physically ill to see that people still blame Alanna's parents, in FB comments on the newer articles. It's obvious it's at least partially because of their unorthodox marriage, and they will be hearing this for the rest of their lives.)

Somehow I got lost following Alanna's thread. It is news to me to hear that a 17 year old neighbor's DNA was found on the belt with her body. Is this the teenager that was recorded on the news early in the case? Has he been arrested? Any updates that anyone has time to give would be greatly appreciated!

Somehow I got lost following Alanna's thread. It is news to me to hear that a 17 year old neighbor's DNA was found on the belt with her body. Is this the teenager that was recorded on the news early in the case? Has he been arrested? Any updates that anyone has time to give would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, it's the same teen. There is quite a bit of evidence according to what's been released in MSM so far. There are no new articles that we've seen but any article from his arrest and shooting of the police officer forward will give you a good update.

Google "Tyler Holder Saginaw". That will catch you up to speed. Heartbreaking and horrifying.

Hi, danzn. Check it out. Comprehensive digest of news articles in one thread, and case docs in the other. Links also should be in opening post of this thread.

TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw **Who's Who and Case Docs** NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw **Timeline and Media Links** NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ME: 6-year-old Saginaw girl smothered by plastic bags
Posted: Oct 02, 2013 6:55 AM CST Updated: Oct 02, 2013 10:00 AM CST
By: myfoxdfw.com Staff

SAGINAW, Texas -
The Tarrant County medical examiner says a girl who was sexually assaulted and murdered in July died after being smothered by plastic bags.
According to police documents, investigators believe Tyler Holder acted alone.
New details emerge in killing of 6-year-old Saginaw girl
By JULIE FANCHER Staff Writer
jfancher@dallasnews.com
Published: 01 October 2013 10:30 PM Updated: 02 October 2013 01:43 PM

Alanna Gallagher always wore her Timex watch with flowers and a purple band when she went out to play so she’d know when to come home, her mother told Saginaw police...

A watch matching the description was among the 100 items taken from his house, according to police documents released in July.

As far as I know he had no real criminal record. We've heard the same two or three neighborhood anecdotes over and over, but nothing that would suggest he was an obvious murderer. He mostly just seemed like a loser/stoner, and I suspect his mother was aware of that much as far as that went, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect every parent of a severely underachieving teen to have them under 24 hour surveillance/guard. Especially not a single parent with a full time job. 99.9% of teen boys fitting TH's unfortunate outward profile (dropout/stoner/subpar IQ) aren't going to end up killing their neighbor's kids, and parents shouldn't have to behave as though they are.

It's easy to point fingers in retrospect, or to look for another person to blame, or try to think of ways to make it not have happened, but until I have info otherwise it's my gut feeling his Mom had no idea her child was capable of this. I don't think Austin Sigg's mother did either, for that matter. It doesn't mean I think every parent is innocent when it comes to this kind of thing, or that some criminals aren't spawned by their environments. I just think in these two cases, unfortunate single mothers ended up with defective/broken sons.

(It also makes me physically ill to see that people still blame Alanna's parents, in FB comments on the newer articles. It's obvious it's at least partially because of their unorthodox marriage, and they will be hearing this for the rest of their lives.)

Yep...I was reading comments about the 10-year anniversary of Danielle Van Dam's murder, and the comments were horrible, all about her parents' lifestyle (they were swingers).

He was nit going to school since what age? I forget now.

He may have a juvenile record.

As far as things about him, the neighbors and friends have been very quiet. We just read now how a friend had his cell phone and what was on it.

We have no idea of what he was like out there, except for what was revealed on his FB and the excellent sleuthing on here that found the Craig's list stuff.

Thanks for the info. It's ashame that once again,unless I register,can't see Dallasnews.com info. (refuse to register)

I'm right there with ya gm8549. Newspapers make $ from advertisements. They determine the price of the ad space according to how many readers or viewers the paper gets. If they want more $ they need to increase access, not restrict it . Duh!

I'm so thankful, if there is anything in this case to be thankful for, that is, that Holder seems to be the only one involved in the crime from start to dumping.
I always thought it was one person-- maybe wishful thinking, but it appears that he was the lone sick perp. I'm so glad there wasn't a gang of teens involved in the crime. When the media kept referring to Holder as a " loner", I suspected that his influence over others of his age was quite limited.
Thank God.

I was wondering that myself:

But LE talked to him pretty early on, didn't they?

...I just looked at the arrest warrant (sigh) and while it mentions TH giving consent for LE to look at his phone in what sounds like an early interview with LE, I am not able to infer the date of the interview. The warrant makes it sound like it was BEFORE LE went to his house for the DNA swabs on July 5.

I have this feeling it was probably his original/incriminating phone that he sold, even though LE had already seen it. Which is about the level of intelligence that he operated with.

IIRC it was July 2nd when TH was observed watching from across the street as LE searched the Gallaghers home and car. An officer advised one of the detectives who went and talked to TH, and asked him to come to the station to be interviewed. That was where the garden hose photo was seen on his phone. So he bought a new phone the next day, gave his old phone to a friend but didn't erase it? Smart he is not!

Finally we hear he used Moms car, it did seem the most likely scenario. His initial court appearance is today right? Thinking of the Gallaghers today, and the McDaniels and LDH <3

Sorry, I know I linked a few times about this and I'm sick right now with some bug...the Holders left for a few days apparently AFTER Tyler was initially interviewed by police on the 2nd of July. They returned to the Holder's home on July 3rd. Remember LE went to the home and reporters took a photo of investigators and the Kia was gone but his red wagon was in the driveway. Tyler would have had his new phone by then. I'm not sure if the Kia was in the driveway in the morning of July 2nd where you can see Tyler speaking with an investigator beside the red vehicle while a woman is speaking on camera about Alanna. I know it was the holiday week but why did they both leave the day following his interview with police? Did his mother know about his interview at all I wonder? Did Tyler ask his mom for them to leave early for a vacation somewhere (Wednesday and Thursday) ? Maybe she was at work and he went somewhere to hide out that day? Tyler was home on July 5th (Friday) though, and gave DNA swabs. Sorry for my ramblings. I'm guessing his new cell phone was the one found in his mom's car.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/155582773/Tyler-Holder-Capital-Murder-Arrest-Warrant-Affidavit

Hi all. Got Google alerts on this last two days but haven't been able to keep up here. When I was on last week his initial arraignment (or something?) was scheduled for today. Any coverage of that?

Thank you all for taking the time to link
Updates. Truly horrifying! I am glad this boy will not be able to hurt others. I wonder who else he has victimized in his life. I am glad the family has answers. So very sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Have I missed where TH was getting all of his money?
Just wondering if the child support was given directly to him by his mom, or if he had an illegal money making way.
LE sees the gross pictures on your phone so you immediately go out and get a new one? Not everyone that age can do that but perhaps he told his mom that his was broke.
As for the mom not knowing what was going on with and who her son was/is, I find that not believable. I'm okay with others that can bellieve it. I know plenty of people that check out on their kids throughout the childhood and adult life but they still know. They just choose to stick their head in the sand and pretend they don't. Do I blame her though? Some I guess. That said I'm not her and haven't walked in her shoes and hindsight is better than foresight. I think there would have been signs all along the way that TH just wasn't right. I know how some parents love with all their might and honestly can't see until it's so far along they don't know what to do with their child anymore. How to fix them. Never had any idea they wouldn't pull out of it.
I do feel bad for this mom in some ways. As much as I would like to think it would/never could happen to me I'm sure there is a lot more out there that think the same and their child eventually murders someone.
MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6